All parent member reviews for Toy Story 2

Adult Written bynduns March 26, 2010

This movie did what most sequels wish they could do...

And that is being just as good as the first one! I mean, who saw that coming? The only other sequel I feel truly pulled that off was Shrek 2. Rarely are we treated to something like Toy Story 2, a sequel that's just as good and charming as its predecessor. The writers at Pixar deserve a round of applause for pulling off what really shouldn't be the near-impossible.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTsion June 25, 2010

TOY STORY 2 is amazing. Simply put. It's a sequel that does the impossible: surpass the humor, creativity, and positivity of the classic first installment. This is one of, if not the best, kids movies ever. But, just because it's perfect for kids, doesn't mean that adults won't love it. There's more than enough humor and entertainment to satisfy the most mature adult. Violence might be the only issue in the movie. There is no actual violence short of a toy's arm falling off (but it gets sewn back on again). One toy apparently falls off an elevator to his death, but is safe (and reformed) in the end. Some toys are put in peril, but mostly it's all played for laughs. The movie is one of the most positive Pixar movies out there (and that's a feat). Friendship, loyalty, love, courage, and sacrifice are major elements spoken about frequently in the film. All of the characters, save on greedy human, are great role models. Do yourself a favor, even if you don't have kids (but especially if you do!): Watch it!
Adult Written bymominco September 7, 2009

My 3 and 5 year old did not like this movie. My 3 year old started crying and we had to turn it off. Not sure there was one particular incident that upset her, but more likely she was upset about the general storyline. I think the toys being abandoned is really sad for little kids. My 5 year old did not like either and usually you can't tear him away from a movie. I was very disappointed especially after reading all positive reviews. Yet again an inappropriate movie for little ones.
Adult Written byWill loves movies June 1, 2013

Toy Story 2

Toy Story 2, the sequel to Pixar's first movie, is a great family movie with the same message from the first movie: friendship. The film is not that violent or intense like the third movie. It is a great movie for all ages.
Parent Written byFrankinf March 25, 2012

Great

This is a good movie but is a little scary for the younger ones
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byfastraxsg July 6, 2011

Great!

Parent of a 3 year old Written byMooMooBear March 31, 2011

Great, like the first one!

Parent of a 4, 7, 12, and 12 year old Written bytwoluvly January 6, 2011

good for kids of all ages and parents too

the family loves this move we just have to have all three at home to watch any time:)
Parent of a 2 year old Written byEmily27 January 2, 2011

Parent of a 3 year old Written bymizd360 September 19, 2010

Sometimes sequels are better

Less scary than the first.
Parent of a 4, 4, and 7 year old Written bymagasalee July 30, 2010

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byZubalove July 9, 2010

Perhaps more gentle for children than the first.

Great movie. Maybe better for kids than the first one. In the first film, you had to help your child understand why Woody was jealous. In this film, you may have to speak to them about how an older toy may have "value" (in terms of $). Great film and nice to reference when reminding your kiddo to treat their toys nicely.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byKunmingMom July 1, 2010

Parent of a 2 year old Written bycoreyb July 1, 2010

Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 23, 2010

Great Family Movie... MUST SEE

This is a great movie full of great characters, and even Stinky Pete is pretty harmless as far as villians go. This is perfect for all ages.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bylarsen34470 June 23, 2010

appropriate for all ages

I enjoyed the movie
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bystandup2eds June 22, 2010

This one is a clasic i think every kid ages 2-3 + has or has to see it is entertaining my kids can get enough and even us adults

love it
Educator and Parent of a 1, 1, 3, 10, and 14 year old Written bykekimball June 21, 2010

Wow, scary....

I was quite disappointed by the dark messages in the movie and how intense many of the scenes were. The happy TS scenes were few and far between. Total Bummer. I did like the last few minutes where it was sweet and wonderful.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byAimeeblue June 13, 2010

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bySunnye June 9, 2010

Mild language issues should be non-existent in G movies. Violence should be toned down.