Adult Written bynduns March 26, 2010

This movie did what most sequels wish they could do...

And that is being just as good as the first one! I mean, who saw that coming? The only other sequel I feel truly pulled that off was Shrek 2. Rarely are we treated to something like Toy Story 2, a sequel that's just as good and charming as its predecessor. The writers at Pixar deserve a round of applause for pulling off what really shouldn't be the near-impossible.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTsion June 25, 2010
TOY STORY 2 is amazing. Simply put. It's a sequel that does the impossible: surpass the humor, creativity, and positivity of the classic first installment. This is one of, if not the best, kids movies ever. But, just because it's perfect for kids, doesn't mean that adults won't love it. There's more than enough humor and entertainment to satisfy the most mature adult. Violence might be the only issue in the movie. There is no actual violence short of a toy's arm falling off (but it gets sewn back on again). One toy apparently falls off an elevator to his death, but is safe (and reformed) in the end. Some toys are put in peril, but mostly it's all played for laughs. The movie is one of the most positive Pixar movies out there (and that's a feat). Friendship, loyalty, love, courage, and sacrifice are major elements spoken about frequently in the film. All of the characters, save on greedy human, are great role models. Do yourself a favor, even if you don't have kids (but especially if you do!): Watch it!
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bySunnye June 9, 2010
Mild language issues should be non-existent in G movies. Violence should be toned down.
Adult Written bymominco September 7, 2009
My 3 and 5 year old did not like this movie. My 3 year old started crying and we had to turn it off. Not sure there was one particular incident that upset her, but more likely she was upset about the general storyline. I think the toys being abandoned is really sad for little kids. My 5 year old did not like either and usually you can't tear him away from a movie. I was very disappointed especially after reading all positive reviews. Yet again an inappropriate movie for little ones.
Parent of a 17 and 17 year old Written bypoppinsfan August 14, 2015
Parent of a 2 year old Written byEmily27 January 2, 2011
Parent of a 3 year old Written byMooMooBear March 31, 2011

Great, like the first one!

Parent of a 4, 4, and 7 year old Written bymagasalee July 30, 2010
Parent of a 3 year old Written bylarsen34470 June 23, 2010

appropriate for all ages

I enjoyed the movie
Parent Written byprotectourkidsnow May 6, 2014

Reference to suicide in a children's movie!!! What is wrong with this world.

When I heard "it's not a suicide mission" in this movie I was mortified. That is absolutely inappropriate for a children's movie. And we wonder 11 year olds are taking their lives.
Parent Written byFrankinf March 25, 2012

Great

This is a good movie but is a little scary for the younger ones
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byKunmingMom July 1, 2010
Parent of a 2 year old Written byjinx-wolf March 21, 2014
Parent of a 4, 7, 12, and 12 year old Written bytwoluvly January 6, 2011

good for kids of all ages and parents too

the family loves this move we just have to have all three at home to watch any time:)
Adult Written byWill loves movies June 1, 2013

Toy Story 2

Toy Story 2, the sequel to Pixar's first movie, is a great family movie with the same message from the first movie: friendship. The film is not that violent or intense like the third movie. It is a great movie for all ages.
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byfastraxsg July 6, 2011

Great!

Parent of a 2 year old Written bycoreyb July 1, 2010
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 23, 2010

Great Family Movie... MUST SEE

This is a great movie full of great characters, and even Stinky Pete is pretty harmless as far as villians go. This is perfect for all ages.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bymizd360 September 19, 2010

Sometimes sequels are better

Less scary than the first.
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byZubalove July 9, 2010

Perhaps more gentle for children than the first.

Great movie. Maybe better for kids than the first one. In the first film, you had to help your child understand why Woody was jealous. In this film, you may have to speak to them about how an older toy may have "value" (in terms of $). Great film and nice to reference when reminding your kiddo to treat their toys nicely.