Kid reviews for Toy Story 4

Big-hearted, touching finale to Pixar's legendary franchise.

Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2019

Amazing end to the series!

This film, the 4th installment of the Toy Story 4 series, is a wonderful, yet action-packed adventure that kids will enjoy! It follows Forky; a new friend that Bonnie made at school. This movie continues on from the 3rd one, so there may be some slight references to past/older movies in the series.. There are some scenes with "dolls" that may be scary for younger children. A scene where a lonely child is shown hidden in the back of a barn, crying. A girl drops her toy and runs off, many other chasing scenes inside an antique store. The film, other than the action, is a heartwarming story with a beautiful plot. The film also has a chance to tie up loose ends between characters and their past lives. The movie focuses on loyalty, vulnerability, your purpose in life and to others, their purpose to you, sacrifice, and most of all: not leaving your friends behind. There are many great messages and role models in the movie, as well as some twists. The film, unlike most others, did a very good job at ending the entire series.

Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2019

Why I hated Toy Story 4

The reason I despise this movie is because it had a horrible scene where a kid was lost and her parents were not around. She was crying very hard. Trust me. If you have a five year old kid and you think they should watch the movie, you're wrong.
Teen, 14 years old Written byethan3175 June 24, 2019

It could not have been better

This movie could honestly not have been better. Each character added into the movie are all instant classics. Gabby Gabby is probably the best Villian in all of the franchises films because you can relate to her, her intentions aren’t pure just not executed right, and in the end she is redeemed. Bo Peep is a great role model for little girls which I feel was lacking in the three prior films. Forky is so innocent and it’s fun seeing how Woody explains the world to him compared to how Woody explained the world to Buzz. It really shows how much his character has grown throughout the film series. Duke Kaboom is great and is NOT overused which is a problem Pixar faces sometimes but not in Toy Story movies. Ducky and Bunny are hilarious additions and are sure to be family favorite characters. Without Spoiling anything, this storyline lowers the stakes but somehow highers the character depth on the main characters. Some said Toy Story 3 was the perfect ending but that was the ending of Andy and the toys. This is the ending of Woody and the toys. In 10 years I can’t wait to give a 5 star review to Toy Story 5. Trust me this is not the last time we will see Bonnie’s room, just maybe the last time we will see the beloved character Woody. My childhood has been extended and I encourage you parents to show your kids Toy Story movies as much as possible. This movie in particular shows you how to move on from things when they are over and is a life lesson every kid can use. Oh and Tom Hanks is absolutely perfect in this movie. Don’t listen to what other people say, New is not always bad. This movies does the impossible by extending this near perfect saga.

Teen, 16 years old Written byelita_vale3 June 21, 2019

Changes your entire mindset about toy story and the meaning of friendship

First off we were expecting a lot from this considering were huge Disney fans and toy story means a lot to our family since we were kids and went to the theater with all of our toys story gear . The characters used to represent friendship and loyalty to each other no matter the ups or downs of life and to always be there for each other. This movie displayed the complete opposite of all the other movies and made no sense in relation to the other three movies . It broke the bonds of friendship and loyalty and focused on self-centered egotistical feelings of do whatever is best for yourself . The movies animations may have been amazing but the characters did not mean anything and the plot was terrible. The characters created no emotional attachment to you as you watched the movie and in fact change the way you saw the original characters in from the first movie Toy story . The plot was just a continuous story about Woody trying to save a fork toy from a store the entire time it was just useless nonsense that was just continuing to happen it was almost like they were just trying to fill in time to make the movie longer and it was a last-minute plot . The ending was very rushed and meaningless in meeting list and it was a heart jerker and the event that happened in the end should not of happened in any of the toy story movies and again went against what was taught in the first few toy story movies . I feel bad for Tom Hanks because he is such a great actor and displays what he so well he is a part of what he and put his heart into it but this movie just did not do it for him and I’m sure he’s feeling the same way . SPOILER ALERT: at the end of the movie they made woody decide to leave the entire gang of toys including BUZZ, to be a lost toy with Bo Peep. They should never have split up Woody and Buzz that is an iconic team and you can’t mess that up that’s like separating childhood memories right there . Throughout the movie they also made what do you feel a relevant and it almost was like he wasn’t the main character and the big sheriff as he used to be he wasn’t your classic what h throughout the movie they also made what do you feel a relevant and it almost was like he wasn’t the main character and the big sheriff as he used to be he wasn’t your classic Woody. Overall I wouldn’t even give this movie to stars but it was just disappointing that Disney would create something like this . I am truly hoping that Disney will reconcile with their true fans and fix this incredible mistake of a movie And come out with a movie to fix this whole flop.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIssacDowling July 17, 2019

It’s really good!

Especially on the parents’ section of this (at least currently), people seem to hate this movie, but why? It’s animated incredibly, but that’s nothing without the story, and it has story.
SPOILERS:
At the end, you KNOW that woody’ll stay with the original toys, because obviously he’d stay with them. But then he leaves with Bo. It’s comparable to the end of Toy Story 3 in terms of emotional impact, and is a nice ending that you kind of with you never saw since you want buzz and woody to stay, but you know it’s not just a cheap move to keep them together. Overall, just go see it, and you’ll agree

Teen, 13 years old Written byTwisdom.39 June 21, 2019

The end ruins it all

Bad
Teen, 14 years old Written by1disneyfan1 June 20, 2019

Disney has done it again! Perfect

This movie was the best! Go see it. Positive messages sent by this movie. This movie put all these little features into one action packed movie. Toy Story 4 was full of suspense and heartwarming adventures. This movie is definitely a must see!

Teen, 16 years old Written by1klarak2003 July 5, 2019

Terrible Ending

This movie was better than Toy Story 3, but it lacked a certain element of nostalgia that made the first Toy Story movie so beautiful. I was fine with this movie up until the ending, which completely ruined the entire movie. Toy Story is dead forever in my heart, and it will never be redeemed unless the toys somehow find Andy in his college dorm in the next movie. Or maybe if his kids somehow find the toys. Also, there were some dummies that were pretty creepy and could be scary for some kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMicheal scott July 3, 2019

An amazing movie great for all ages

A perfect movie with great messages and role models shocked that the common sense media review says 7+

Teen, 16 years old Written byscdfwsefrdfedsf July 1, 2019

Beautiful

The animation is truly beautiful and the story is heartfelt and sweet. It is an experience which has to be witnessed

Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2019

MAN, Pixar you made one more heatworming movie about toys!

i don't get it! all these people saying (big truck driver impression) oh this movies not for kids! or (fariy impression) its the perfect movie! (normal voice) it not child's play, but its not perfect ither. i think its a great movie! i will have you know that a lot of the old character take a back seat. overall i think its a great movie and you should take your kid to see it!

Teen, 13 years old Written byItsRyGuy June 30, 2019

Toy Story 4: I LOVE DUCKY AND BUNNY/ the end of the road

Toy story 4: the end of the toy story franchise. A lot of people will say that it did not live up to their expectations, but I LOVED Toy Story 4 and you will to!!! It was funny with lots of action packed fun for the whole family! SPOILER ALERT: some toys threaten the owner of the store by punching and kicking for the keys of the store. Once scene might be sad for younger kids and even adults when Woody stays behind with Bo peep at the carnival, knowing that he would never see Bonnie or The toys ever again. Over all great movie for the family that really shows confidence and perseverance through characters in making themselves feel better as well as others with sad scenes and lots of humor.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNadia Cloud June 25, 2019

Creepy, cute and sad!

Toy Story 4 was a great finish to the Toy Story franchise. It is an emotional rollercoaster. It was very hard to watch. I recommend this for ages 17 and up because the Benson dolls were very creepy and it can be very emotionally intense. *Sheds a tear*

Teen, 15 years old Written byZayjak June 23, 2019

An ‘OK’ Movie

I don’t know why other people disliked this movie. I REALLY enjoyed it. It was absolutely hilarious, the ‘forky’ character had a desire for ‘trash’ and is always obsessed with it which made me chuckle. There were several times where I actually laughed out loud.
The start of the movie was great, very impactful and exciting. The animation is absolutely gorgeous and seems realistic as well. However as the movie went on, it started to lose its flavour a little.
Gabby Gabby, a vintage doll has evil henchmen and wants to steal Woody’s Voicebox so that she can get played with. They literally force the voicebox out of woodys spine which is quite.. disturbing but okay. Duke Caboom is funny, Ducky and Bunny are funny, but also get annoying at times. Woody meets Bo again and at the end, that he loves Bo and at the end, and he leaves Buzz and the gang. The ending was very emotional and upsetting, I was crying so much afterward. But it felt right. The ending felt a little empty but it felt good. It wraps the Toy Story movies up really well but it’s really emotional and it may make your kids distressed.

In conclusion, this movie is very funny, a little weird and strange at times and maybe scary, but very emotional. This movie isn’t at as all good as Toy Story 3 but go and see this movie. It’s fun and enjoyable.

Teen, 15 years old Written byHolly2 October 14, 2019

Sad

I was very upset to see that woody had just made sporky feel comfortable and just left him for bo because she was a ‘lost toy’ it’s not fair I was heart broken and yes I’m 15 but I’ve watched every single film and i won’t be watching 4 again as I’m heart broken because bo is a lost toy that means woody has to be no that’s not fair he has bonnies name on his foot for goodness sake
Teen, 15 years old Written bydhmullikin October 13, 2019

Well acted sex scene!

The acting in that scene was spot on! My whole family loved it!

Kid, 9 years old October 11, 2019

Absolutely creepy!

This movie was creepy like when those dummies turned their heads all the way around on lookout, disappointing like when Woodie went with Bo, which was COMPLETELY off the story line of 1-3 which was so heartbreaking to so many children. Just horrifying, heartbreaking, and displeasing!

Toy Story 4 Review

My class went to the movies to watch Toy Story 4 because we finished our reading rewards. We all voted to see this movie and we went to go see Toy Story 4. I think this is a great movie for kids because it tells a good story. For these reasons I rate the movie 3 / 5 because I think that they could add a little more into it. I think this movie should be for kids 5+

a fine movie for kids

I would watch it again it did have a scary seen but it was fine and the

ending could be better but it was still a funny and a good story.

Toy Story 4

I saw Toy Story 4 at The Rainbow Cinemas as a part of our reading

rewards in my classroom. I saw it with my friends from school. It was

a great experience ,and a very enjoyable movie in which I ate lots and

lots , lots of popcorn.I think this movie was amazing. The animation

was spectacular and how they improved over the years. Seeing that

this was the last movie of Toy Story this is again amazing ,but there

were some cons in the movie like there were some creepy scenes

when 3 dummies ,and a creepy doll who wanted to rip out Woody's

voice box , but then in the end everything went fine.I rate this movie

an overall 4 stars out of 5 because as I said there were some creepy

scenes but there were also some good ones.