All parent member reviews for Transformers

Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written bykelldeal October 9, 2009

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written byprescottrdjd August 2, 2009

AWESOME MOVIE Good for all ages

It was even better than the first one. Great to see the old cartoon come to life on the big screen.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byAshaxe April 27, 2011

I'd say ok for 5+ just a parent's call of what they think their kid can handle!

My husband and son LOVE this movie!!! As for the language...you hear most of the words on regular tv. We do have conversations with our kiddo that there are certain words he's not allowed to use. But, I really think he misses most of that because he just likes the action! As for the sexual stuff...I really think most of that goes over his head. So, as long as you are comfortable to have an open conversation with your kids I think this is an ok movie for them to watch! My kid watches it over and over...and I really think he is just fine. Again, he's 5...he just likes all the action...and the action is pretty great!
Parent of a 9 year old Written byTAB74 September 6, 2009

This is an awesome movie and our whole family loved it! Yes, there is some bad language and sexual behaviour so know your child's limits.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bygrits August 4, 2009

Not perfect for anyone.

Too much gratuitous bad language or "almost" bad language. Inappropriate sexual movements by robots and characters. This movie would've been a lot better without this foul stuff - didn't add to the story at all, what little story there was. Too much violence and mayhem without any plot as well. Very poorly done movie. It really disappointed my boy.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 7, 2010

pretty good
Adult Written bygibby84 June 30, 2009

Loved it!!!!

I really enjoyed this movie and although it was violent at points it wasn't gory because it was just the robots doing the fighting. They also had some humor that I got a good laugh at and some that was harmless to younger viewers because it was a double meaning they wouldn't understand.
Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written bybulldog93 April 10, 2011
Adult Written byChrisams August 20, 2010

Avoid, unless you're looking to waste a couple of hours.

For a movie that essentially a massive advert for toys aimed at 4-11 year olds, - the content is totally inappropriate for any child under 10 and some parents would think twice before letting even their 10\11 year olds watch it. The storyline is extremely basic, with next to no character development (and for those that pay any level of attention, fequently contradicts itself). The language is crude, crass, dull and uninspiring, with dull-witted and puerile jokes. On the special effects front, Transformers is good, but the overly shaky camera movements and blurring make the action difficult to make out. If you want to want a sci-fi\action movie with little to no storyline that features large explosions, you could do a lot better. If you want to watch a movie that will vacuously fill up a couple of hours of your life, then you should give this movie a shot.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bysnowfireny May 7, 2010

Great movie, not good for under 13

This had way too much teenage-driven sexual innuendo. My 9 year old loves transformers, but I would not feel this is appropriate due to the high volume of sexual humor and the disrespectful comments such as bros before hos and laughing about being a virgin.
Adult Written bybdh July 9, 2011

Megan Fox ruins the movie

dissapointing megan fox film.
Adult Written byoiv25409 March 15, 2011

Transformers doesn't disappoint!

This is a great action movie with tons of special and visual effects. The acting and storyline are very well-done overall. There is some comical material in the film that gives it a "funny" feel. Younger children should watch out for for some crude and sexual content that's present in some scenes. Some strong language is also an issue, as is numerous sequences of intense action violence. Overall, Transformers is a well-rounded film that doesn't disappoint!
Adult Written byMi3 February 2, 2011

not for kids under 12

good for 12 and up. lots of sexual humer, language, and intense violence. LOTS of "noticeable product placment."
Adult Written bynamnam November 24, 2010

Great Movie! but the first one rocked

Great Movie! but the first one rocked . that's it. found a transporter in france :) fun to watch: www.lookeen.net/de/352/allgemein/deutsch-e-postbrief-lookeen-stellt-sich...
Adult Written by4Spice May 12, 2010

worth watching you will love it

i love this movie lots of cool car fighting no f*** words barley any sex at all a few love scenes
Parent of a 9 year old Written byhomer1 November 27, 2009
Adult Written bygamenerd323 November 3, 2009

Must watch the movie!

Excellent excellent excellent movie for teens and mature tweens!!! Must watch this movie!
Parent of a 17 year old Written bygrammyd August 8, 2009

Language needed to be used less for more general population

Disliked it. WAY too much profanity and LaShe is the source of most of it. Did have a few moments I enjoyed, but, overall just not my cup of tee
Adult Written bymestizau April 9, 2008

Jam packed FUN!

This movies was awesome. It was good to be re-introduced to Optimus Prime and the rest of the gang. I grew up on the cartoons, so to see them now on the Big Screen and with the Computer Graphics was great. However, there were some sexual references. So I wouldn't think it would be age appropriate for kids younger than 13. That being said, to any parent that wants to take their teenager to the movies and not have to sit thru some "cartoon"movie, this is for YOU!
Parent of a 6 year old Written byYamight April 9, 2008

The transformation of the robots was AWESOME!