Kid reviews for Trophy Kids

Trophy Kids Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Based on 1 review

Never withholding the harsh reality of the matter, showing how certain parents push it just too far.

Documentaries are hard to judge, because the majority of my likening for a film comes from it's writing and acting, and documentaries have none of that. What makes a good documentary is how well it tells its story, can it be relatable, and what sort of style it presents that story in. Trophy Kids is nothing short of infuriating and excruciating to watch, not because it's bad, but because the story it tells is absolutely blood boiling, as it chronicles the seasons of several kids playing through sports, all at their parents forced decision. It's heartbreaking to witness as it seems some of these kids genuinely love the sports, but the incessant nature of their piers put them under countless hours of stress and agony. It has a unique visual look about it, almost as if it was presented as a sports cast during certain segments of the documentary. I give it props for not holding back what these adults really do to their children, and telling it in an understandable and easy to digest format. There are some stories it tells that would be best left out, while some of the more interesting ideas it could've explored sometimes take a backseat. In the end it's certainly a compelling and interesting watch, never shying away from the harshness that the subject comes with. I recommend it if you have the time and interest.