Kid reviews for Troy

Troy Poster Image

Homophobic and Racist

Personally, I love Greek Mythology, and was looking forward to this film. But I am greatly disappointed in the way they made this movie. Ovid claims that Achilles and Patroclus were in love, and Shakespeare agrees. The fact that they made Achilles fall in love with Briseis unsettled me, and to top it all off, they made Patroclus White. I won't be watching this movie again.

1 person found this helpful.
So my last year my teacher sent a note home saying that we were going to watch this movie so I asked my dad if it was ok to watch and he said yes but when my mom heard well she doesn’t know about this movie so she asked her friend about it but she got her answer right after I went to school and it was no but we were watching it in class and it was bad there were graphic killings and full front nudity and the next day he shut it off because of parents complaining

Great film

I love Troy but it has some violence, there is a boy who gets his throat cut, stabbing with more mild blood, people set on fire. There is references to sex and sex shown with no nudity and not very graphic. The violence is graphic.

Gory Movie Loses the All the good parts of the Iliad

The movie strays to far from the origanile story of the iliad in such sences as brusais killing agamanon. It also destroyes all sudilty of the story by pianting all very black and white.

Fantastic Fun Movie! Similar to the actual Iliad and Odyssey!

This is definitely a really good movie! I watched it with my family, my parents skipped the 3 inappropriate sex scenes. There were my parents, a 17 -18 year old, 14 year old, and 11 year old. There isn't that much violence. There was absolutely nothing scary about the fighting. Yes, there's blood. If he's at least 12yrs old, he could handle the violence. 15- 17 possibly sex. There's no swearing! Only once Achilles used the expression "You sack of wine!" which was funny. I read ALL about the Iliad and Odyssey from Homer, I could find in Wikipedia, including all the Greek mythology characters, and their relatives. You'd be surprised how many tiny details you think are made up are actually in the Iliad. I found out a lot was left out, but practically almost everything that was included in the movie seemed true. Besides, it covers enough of the of The Trojan War, it is just a movie. It is somewhat long, but with all the action, I didn't feel it. I recommend you watch this movie, especially if your kid is about 13+ that's around the age to watch it peacefully together without having to worry. Reviewed by Cool Kidz.

Very Extra In a Negative Way

Violence is not the answer. No one even wants to see anything so graphic like this. Even schools wouldn't even appreciate this nonsense. All Achilles cares about is killing other people, well not until near the end of the movie.

Great film

Great retelling of the siege of Troy

A well made version of the Iliad

Parents need to know that Troy (2004) is a very well made movie. Yes, it's R rated, and it contains some strong combat style violence, and some male nudity in a sexual context. But honestly, the sex/nudity is breif and the violence is nothing that a 14 year old couldn't handle. The acting is good and the sets, costumes, and production is very well done. If your teen is interested in history, or just loves a well made epic style film, then I suggest you watching this with them.