Teen, 16 years old Written bydanman12 April 9, 2009

question

i have a question im going 2 bring it in (im 12) for a greek day and i need to no if theres any real hard core sex or nudity (btw im probably going 2 only play a couple scenes) some1 please answer thank you.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfangningsheng November 3, 2012

Interesting interpretation, but too changed

I watched Troy because we were reading The Iliad in English class, and I wanted to watch a film version. That said, it is quite different from the original story. However, several of the characters are very sympathetic and decently acted, making their deaths impactful and sad. Content wise, Troy is very violent. I saw the director's cut, which contains even more gore. Expect stabbing, slicing, dismemberment, and more. The scene where Troy is sacked is particularly brutal and disturbing, as innocent civilians and even babies are slaughtered. There is some sexual content, including Achilles asleep with two naked women, implied sex between Paris and Helen, and a short sex scene between Achilles and Briseis that isn't all that graphic. Overall, fine for high schoolers. Suggested MPAA rating: R for sequences of graphic brutal violence, and for some sexuality and nudity.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2010
Teen, 15 years old Written bypatlaboon April 9, 2008

Great Movie

Don't look at all those other reviews! This movie should not be rated R. Unless you can't take a little bit of violence and gore you should definatly see Troy. As for sexuality and nudity, all you see is half of Brad Pitts butt! This is definatly a must see for any action/battle movie fan. Everyone I know likes it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byFilmFanatic November 22, 2011

Great for introducing teens to Homer's works.

Great movie with engaging plot. Parents need to know that while there is plenty of violence, most of it happens very quickly in battle sequences. A main character does die and can upset some viewers. There is some sex and nudity as well. Nothing too bad, but we see many backsides and implied nudity. A main character steals a mans wife. There are hints at rape but nothing is show. A man undresses in front of a woman but it's not sexual. We see part of his butt for a split second. A woman drops her top in front of a man. Nothing is shown but it is a sexual invite. Sex is then implied. After , we see the man and woman talking. They are both naked and we see his bare chest and her bare butt for a few seconds. A captive woman is tied to a pole for a man for his 'amusement'. He shows no real sexual interest in her and later unties her. (he also undresses in front of her as mentioned above-non sexual) Later in the movie the same woman is rescued by the main character and sex is implied. (Very light thrusting , barley noticeable, and the mans butt is visible momentarily). There is one or two mild words used - b-tch and wh-re. Great movie to get your child interested in the illiad. You can always skip/cover any intense scenes for younger viewers. My only complaint (-1 star) was I felt the acting was a little off on Brad Pitt's side at moments. Other than that, great movie!
Teen, 17 years old Written byElmoRock3113 April 9, 2008

Great!

I would recommend this movie to anyone who can handle movies with blood and gore. I closed my eyes at some parts. There was some sex and nudity also. This movie is not OK for kids, but think adults and mature teens will appreciate it.
Kid, 9 years old August 2, 2013

great movie for the right ages

it is a little inappropriate for kids 14 and under. It is extremely violent and it is educational.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypeapod1 April 9, 2008

bad beyond belef

this movie has not one good thing about it. It should not have been made. Do not see this film.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynickthebriton April 1, 2012

older teens only

This movie is good for older teens interested in greek history but many negative messages for younger viewers. There is some drinking of wine,much graphic violence, as well as a little nudity and sex scenes.
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2012

Good but NOT for kids

Very violent lots of blood and death. Achilles is not a good role model whatsoever. There is a very violent, bloody and scarring scene were Achilles drags a dead body behind his chariot
Teen, 16 years old Written byDarkheart April 9, 2008

WHOA

This movie is in your face for the whole time you watch it. From the moment you sit down the movie has you riveted on the TV screen. Only porblem you don't want to let anyone under 15 or 16 to watch this. Loads of fighting, lots of sex and tons of blood. You don't want to let anyone who has a quessy stomache watch this film.
Teen, 17 years old Written byjcsoblonde April 9, 2008

dont watch it...

This is NOT a good movie. I am an action movie person...particularly the historical action. (Not all those stupid pointless action movies set in modern-day...BLEH) So I was pretty excited about this when I hear about it. BUT...they had to do it. I mean really! WE JUST CANNOT HAVE A GOOD MOVIE WITHOUT THOSE SEX SCENES! Good grief. I am glad I didn't buy it. And I know, so many people say "Its life, sex happens BLAH BLAH BLAH..." That does NOT mean we show it on SCREEN! Sex is a private thing, and we should not fill up our minds with such garbage as everyone sleeping around with everybody (like in this movie) I could preach but I wont as this is a review...but really its desensitizing. Also there was quite a bit of violence...and BRAD PITT??? Dont make me laugh. I had to turn off the movie anyways because nudity was slap in your the face- like, the first scene! I read the synopsis on wikipedia, but don't waste your money. Get something good for your kids, and yourself! People don't walk around naked in real life, and kids should NOT be getting used to seeing it. This probably would have been a great movie otherwise. My rule for movies is "if it has sex scenes, too much gore and swearing, out it goes." Its too bad cuz this could have been so good...its a great story, I have the book and its a cool movie idea...Gladiator is a good sword movie if you want one though personally, there is a bit too much blood...but watch that instead of this.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySlendyDaMan March 11, 2016

Violent and awesome

My rating: rated R for graphic war violence throughout, sexuality and nudity, and mild language. Rape is attempted and a soldier says "toss me the b***h right here". The extended cut version is much more gory and has more nudity.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBookNerd1 March 19, 2015

Good Movie But Parents Need To Be Wary

This movie is fun to watch and you do feel connected to the characters, overall this is one of my favorite movies. But that said this movie does center around a lustful Paris taking another mans wife, justifying this by saying she hates her husband, and in turn brings war to Troy. As other people have said there is nudity (not much of a surprise considering the story). The Brad Pitt butt scene, as I call it, isn't as much of a problem as the boobs everywhere. If you want to watch this movie with your kids its very VERY easy to skip these scenes: 1. In the beginning when they send a boy to get Achilles and the boy runs up to a tent, skip. 2. When Paris is going up stairs at a party you can skip there, the information in that scene isn't worth the boobs. 3. When in Achilles tent at night the girl he has trapped(I forgot her name) has a knife just skip. That's all the scenes you need worry about. So although this movie has this sexual content its easy to skip over. If you are watching it because your kid or yourself read the Iliad you'll be disappointed. It is nothing like the book and really has NOTHING educational about it. It's a movie, that's it. I think its funny people are trying to convince themselves that this is educational in any way. But it's still a very entertaining bloody movie to watch!
Teen, 13 years old Written by2jayz June 25, 2014

Good study movie

If your kid has learned about the Trojan War in social studies class, you should let them watch it. You learn in class about how people and gods sleep with each other. Decent movie for learning too.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTip yap July 17, 2013

Great for Brad Pitt fans

I liked it its frequently violent not gory but a little bloody very good acting but you probably learned the ending at school to their credit their is a little twist and Brad Pitt is Brad Pitt if you like him you'll like him here if not there is no telling nothing to bad besides the violence (I'm reviewing for the theatrical cut the extended I have no clue) so go watch it a risk worth taking
Teen, 17 years old Written bygoldenlion666 May 18, 2012

troy movie review

epic battle scenes brilliant film
Teen, 15 years old Written byLegend736 April 10, 2012

Enjoyable,may motivate children read the real Iliad

Teen, 14 years old Written bycoltsfan179 February 15, 2012

Troy

This is a very educational story about the Iliad. Besides the nudity, the violence is very intense. This movie is a much easier way to understand the Iliad, and it's very entertaining
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover97 December 20, 2011

No masterpiece but a cool movie

This was the first 15 movie i saw (thats whats its rated in the UK). I was about 10 or 11 at the time I thought it was quite violent. However now I watch it very easily. There are a couple of bloody scenes but they are done in a cool stylish manner so its watered down. There are also sexual refrences but no actual nudity (as far as I remember). Overall any mature 13 year old will be able to handle this movie unless you really dont like blood. 300 is far more violent and sexual and I can deal with that. a great movie well worth a watch.