Parent reviews for Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

Clever horror-comedy has decent message underneath gore.

Parent Written byparentguider November 5, 2012

Great positive fun!

This movie is a funny very violently gory film that gives the positive message of don't judge a book by its cover. Kids will enjoy its goofyness and parents will enjoy some of the plot even if their is some strong language. Have fun!

Parent of a 12-year-old Written byjoshua_rich September 5, 2020

Kind of brilliant inversion of tropes

This has been one of my favorite horror movies for years. Just had the chance to rewatch with my kid and she loved it and laughed all the way through.

I really take issue with there being no good role models though. Tucker and Dale aren’t perfect but they’re pretty great.

I think what the movie really gets right is the sometimes violent reaction that ‘normal’ people have to people who are different.

Parent of a 18+-year-old Written byNotSoSlimShady November 19, 2018

It's funny but, Tsk, tsk, tsk, a little, yeaahhhhh.

Sexual content: A girl goes for a swim with no bathing suit on, but you could barely see it anyway, it was just Partial nutidy.

Language: The language was too much, may be funny, but it was horrible!!!

Violence: The violence was the most thing that nearly made me gag!

Drugs / Drinking: Not really bad, their just drinking beers, and their smoking thats all.

Adult Written byLeighsmum September 26, 2018

My weirdo loves this the most

Gory... yes. Very. So if your precious is not one for gore - this will be a no. This is funny though and on the same level as Sean of the Dead. My kid loves this movie.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur October 28, 2014

it's so hilarious lol

tucker and dale vs evil is extremely funny, I laughed out loud numerous times lol
Adult Written bywonder dove April 27, 2012

A delightful surprise!

I didn't know what to expect before watching this, but the trailer was interesting and the online reviews were very convincing. I have to say, very original! I thought it would turn into one of those lame, not funny, try-hard kind of films but it was excellent, very funny and even heartwarming at times. The hillbillies are just two normal, sensitive, very caring guys who go off on a fishing trip until they meet up with a group of spoiled teens who go mad and try to murder them (but instead they murder each other, which makes it so hilarious). All I would be cautious with is some gore, lots of "F Bombs" (like any teen horror/comedy) and some minor sexual innuendo but nothing drastic. The drugs, smoking and drinking are quick & minor. Great for 15 and up I'd say!