Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Turbo

Speedy snail dreams big in fun animated comedy.

Parent of a 8 year old Written byBabbit July 20, 2013

It's a kids movie afterall...

TURBO is actually a kids movie, for kids, with a happy ending, a positive message, and limited scares (not sure the crows would rank as scary). It's a simple story with simple yet, motivated and passionate characters, characters we can relate to... I think the 'speed' of the movie is just right. We keep pushing the bar on excitement and action so high that kids can't actually digest moments in movies. This movie can be digested. You shouldn't find any moments needing the dodge. You won't need to walk your kids out because the scary is too scary. After the movie you can pick a message to discuss; never giving up, being supportive of a dreams even if you don't agree with the dreamer, building your dream not matter what others say. Kudos to DreamWorks for staying kid focused because the kids are the audience, not teenagers or parents.

Educational Value
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byNLHolly December 7, 2013

Great Family Movie

Loved this. Less social aggression than most movies. Great characters, great themes of brotherhood. Agree with official review that the snails get into peril a lot, but only one (involving birds) that had my kids (2 and 4) squirming, and was quickly resolved. Our favorite family movie to date!
Parent of a 7, 9, 9, and 10 year old Written byILoveMYKids3333 August 26, 2013

Turbo Is The Family Movie!

I took my 7, 9, 9, and 10 year old and my husband to see this. we all loved it 5/5! Good Plot and story line! it has a positive message, never stop believing! Turbo is cute!

Parent Written byCourtney W. November 30, 2013

5 Stars in the family friendly category

This movie is cute and fun. I give it 3.5 stars (good) for overall quality, and 5 stars in the family friendly category. Reviews here helped me select this film for family movie night with kids ages 7 and 10, and we all enjoyed it. This film is appropriate for all ages. It entertains while omitting the demeaning cheap shots and sexualized characters and content that spoil so many other films intended for kids. Rent or buy this one and enjoy it with the whole family.

Adult Written byLowe's man January 8, 2014

Good movie but lacking in one area.

There are positive messages in this movie, like following your dreams and never giving up. The race is exciting as well. There is something in which the movie is lacking, though. After the Indianapolis 500 was over, the title character should've gone back to his garden-snail community, at which point the other snails should've accepted him. At that point Turbo should've gone back to his regular job in the garden while continuing to race a few times a year as a second job. The other snails should've then cheered him on when he raced, and should've also accepted him at his regular job in the garden.
Adult Written bylilwhissy August 4, 2013

How is learning to fight for your dreams not educational?

Kids today and adults are basically being taught not to dream about anything except stopping global warming. Thankfully and refreshingly the liberals agenda has stayed out of this movie. My 6 yr old son loved this movie and we talked about it on the way home never giving up on your dream no matter how hard it is to accomplish. One has to work hard and that is ok. This is a great movie to inspire little entrepreneurs to dream big and fight for that dream.

Educational Value
Parent of a 5 year old Written bycarobear July 29, 2013

great for Cars and racing fans

I was a little worried going into this movie because I didn't know a lot about it, other than it was about racing and supposed to be age-appropriate for my child (based on friends' comments). I thought it was cute and entertaining, though, and my son LOVED it...enough so that we're going to see it again. Cons: There are several parts where crows grab a snail, and a little boy squishes a bug with his tricycle, but nothing majorly alarming. There's also a part where a snail is squashed by a car wheel which I think could have been left out. I found out later that scene is in one of the preview trailers, so if you're concerned, you could take a look before going to see the full movie. Pros: heartwarming, funny characters. The "snail crew" is fabulous! Lots of "cool racing stuff" as my son put it. Positive messages, and a fun soundtrack. Overall, I highly recommend it!

Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byfastraxsg September 1, 2013

baised report?

im not a real fan of animation and cartoon, so im probably a bit baised when i said it was boring. yes, boring. but of course it might actually be entertaining to a 5 year old.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bybunnie911 July 25, 2013

Never give up on your dreams

Asked my 7 yo. daughter what was the main idea of the movie. She said, "Never give up on your dreams". She was highly entertained and she got the uplifting message. For that I rate it highly.