Kid reviews for Turbo

Speedy snail dreams big in fun animated comedy.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySamlovesz July 17, 2013

Looked funny but very disappointing.

I saw this movie Today. With all the commercials and hype I've been hearing on TV for the last 2 months I was very disappointed. This movie looked really appealing and funny, it was kid friendly but not very funny for adults. It had many jokes kids would laugh at but over all it just didn't make sense at all. Overall the movie was very unorganized and not what I expected. I'm very disappointed.

Teen, 17 years old Written bySean Broucek July 16, 2013

Good.

Parents, this fun animated comedy from the director of "Despicable Me" has plenty of positive messages and some peril to entertain kids, but the more intense subject matter and peril makes it best for kids above the age of 7. Violence is almost nothing, except for one intense action sequence that will upset sensitive kids, especially in 3D format. No sexuality. Language is limited to some brief crude humor. In the end, this laughable family-friendly comedy is best for kids 7 and up. Rated PG For Thematic Elements, Some Brief Crude Humor, And An Intense Action Sequence.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydanielvasquezgimaikl July 26, 2013

Funny, and Cute but it has some Stereotypes Characters but Fun for all ages

Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 July 25, 2013

Disappointing

I wasn't sure what to expect from turbo. I love dreamworks, but their last film "the croods" was unfunny and boring. Mostly the same as turbo. I'm always in the mood for immaturity in kids movies but this went over the limits of immature, like Lucy in Despicable me 2 (other than that despicable me 2 was hilarious). Younger kids might find the indy 500 scene too intense for some youngsters probably under the age of 4. Maybe kids 8 or 7 and under will enjoy it but for ages 9 or 10+ skip it because you are more than likely to walk out of the theater thinking why you spent money on this. Ages 4-8. Grade D+
Kid, 8 years old July 13, 2015

Awful,dumb,extremely boring,stupid,slow,unoriginal comedy is fine for kids.

My rating:G
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2013

Best family movie of the summer!

It is really good and shows you can accomplish big things. I recommend this for kids of almost any age. Good role models and positive messages. Really good plot. I think it is more kid friendly than "Despicable Me 2"

Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2013

Turbo in the Words of My Brother

This review is written by my six-year-old brother. (Spoiler alert!) "It was sad at one point because all the cars bumped into each other and all of the race cars ran out of gas and smoke came out of them and a racer came out of his car and broke off the snail's shell and he still had his thing that makes him fast and he finished the race before the guy that took off his shell. The movie was good because he won the race, because Turbo won the race.
Kid, 10 years old February 13, 2016

Drop the P in PG, baby movie

G movie don't watch if you are over 4 years old. Car lovers may like it up to 7 years old. But if your kid has no interest in speed at all don't watch it for the cute snails above 4. Good messages for little kids to know about not giving up

Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2015

Not the best film but good entertainment

It's sorta similar to the other 2013 animated films so there aren't that many surprises. But it's got good entertainment and there's no reason not to like its jokes and...stuff. It's just not the best film of the film but it's still great.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 24, 2015
Kid, 10 years old November 3, 2013

AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

best movie yet!!!!!!!!!It was an outstanding picture of one of my favorite animals SNAILS!!!!!!!!THERE WAS EVERYTHING A GREAT MOVIE NEEDS!!!!!!!!

Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2014

Dumb Family Comedy by Disney with a Positive Message

Turbo is an animated family comedy about a snail that wants to race (NASCAR--I believe). He receives some magical power or something that makes him fast and wins the race. Personally, I think Disney could've done better. I was very disappointed with this movie. I thought it was very unrealistic. Therefore, the movie didn't make a lot of sense. The ideas were unorganize and all over the place. I prefer a movie with events that can happen. A snail winning a race against cars is not realistic. Some families may find this a very cute story, though. The snail is a great role model. He shows that you need to work hard to achieve your goals, have self-confidence, and never give up. These messages are very important for children of all ages, especially since children struggle with this. There is very mild cartoon violence in this movie. I think a child could handle it. I recall a scene where the snail nearly gets squished and there is some competitive violence during the race towards the end. Sex really isn't an issue, except for the innuendo. In one part of the movie, the snails are saying someone or something has nice curves. You find out it is actually a tomato. This will go over your child's head, though. There is a decent climax in this movie. It won't attract the older crowd, though.

Teen, 17 years old Written byDoritos-6 November 16, 2013

Great Movie of Summer 2013

Some violence in it but it is a great movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysmiles0325 November 29, 2013

Super Cute!

I think Turbo is a suer cute movie that teaches kids to not give up on their dreams. My twins sisters loved it and thought it was funny.

Teen, 13 years old Written byFriendlyReviewer April 8, 2014

Awesome Animated Movie

Better Than Movies Like Planes Which Does Not Contain Any Moral Values But This Contains Messages Like "No Dream Is Too Big, Nor Any Dreamer is Too Small.." Which Provokes Confidence..

Teen, 14 years old Written byHaithamB November 20, 2013

Moviegoer14: Turbo

Turbo is Really Entertaining and very funny.

Kid, 12 years old February 8, 2015

ALL

Contains very mild comic threat and humor.

Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2014

At Least give it 4 or more stars because its awesome

I think that this movie is great for young people to know that animals and insects are not just to kill their nature dont get me wrong if you hate bugs but this show is proving that snails are more than just slow and annoying animals they have rights like we humans have rights they also have the right to live like we do this is a great movie I think you should watch this fantastic show!!!

Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2014

Funny!

This movie was not dumb like I thought it would be, and kids would love this hilarious movie! Adults might like this movie, too, but probably not as much as kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written byStevie111 January 2, 2014

Surprisingly good, amusing movie

It was cute and funny and just entertaining with no mature content really. It was very good