All teen and kid member reviews for Twister

Kid, 11 years old August 3, 2009

NOT A MOVIE FOR LITTLE KIDS!!!!!!! :( PERFECT FOR OLDER TWEENS!!!!!!! :)

My whole family (including my 8-year-old sister) watched the uncut version last night. First thing I have to say is the language is extremely profane. The word "f--k" is used once. The word "s--t" is used at least fifty-five times throughout the film. At least five times Bill Paxton's character refers to a man as a "son of a b---h". Two, the violence is pretty scary for younger kids. My 8-year-old sister had to cover her eyes a whole lot for the frequent twister scenes. Think of this: the film is 2 hours long; my sister only got to see about 40 minutes of it because of how much it scared her. She missed about 1 hour and 20 minutes of it.
Kid, 7 years old November 8, 2009

HEY PEOPLE

if you like twisters,watch the movie.if you dont like twisters,DO NOT WATCH THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byxotitanicox May 4, 2009

Great movie!

I loved it! It was just everything about it, I loved the special effects and the main charaters! I highly recommend to anyone looking for an adventure!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 February 13, 2012

Very good, but some suggestive material

It was very good, but there was a part where a window got busted, and when the camera turned back to it, it wasn't busted like it was before. My mpaa rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of action and peril, and brief strong language, including suggestive dialogue.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKingdestroyah June 27, 2012

twister

First, you should keep in mind that there is very frequent language. s--t is used every couple minutes, son of a b---h is used about five times, and f--k is used once. There are a couple of minor profanities as well. The effects are great for the time. The best part about this is the dialogue, which is terrible but entertaining. Overall, this isn't a good movie, but it is pretty entertaining.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn June 13, 2013

Very good movie,buy the vhs or dvd if you find it

The movie is great. The acting is superior, the plot is well done. But it all depends on how easily scared you get. There's a lot of torture and violence of very bad wheather, pretty frequent language and some sexual references. Anyway, this is probably one of my favorite thriller films of all times. It will keep teens entertained.
Kid, 12 years old October 16, 2013

Good Family Film

A drama film about a team of people who are interested in discovering the deadly tornado. A divorced couple reunite with the rest of the team to locate and discover what is inside these deadly twisters. Will the couple get back together? Will they survive the deadly F5 tornado? You can find out for yourself! Moderate language, violence, no sexual scenes of any sort or any use of drugs or smoking. Small signs of alcohol. No nudity. May be traumatic or scary for kids under the age of 10 years old or for anyone that has been in an experience that might bring up past memories of a tornado. This is not a horror film.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 August 7, 2012

Twister is well ...

it was alright couldnt have been better
Teen, 14 years old Written bydavstern1500 October 10, 2011

Good documentary

Peril, one brief "private" tornado outbreak/ Brief coarse language. For more information, contact me on YouTube - davstern1500
Teen, 13 years old Written byVanitas May 22, 2016

dont read the one the review about it nit being for kids

tye movie is fine for 5 and up some cussing but not alot a little blood here and there but no real bad cuss words like fuk. if u wantbur kid to learn about weather and what to do during a tornado watch thr movie and i know what a parent is thinking why should i listen to a teen well im 18 it wouldnt let me choose adult
Teen, 13 years old Written bygoldenretriever1234 October 23, 2015

Good film, but definitely not for younger kids

Twister was directed by Jan de Bont back in 1996. The film has very strong language (two f-words), and one very bloody and scary scene inside a house. The plot is basic; tornadoes are ravaging Oklahoma and scientists try to deploy robots into one of the storms. I will watch the film again, but don't let a 10-year-old see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycwl21 April 19, 2016

Great movie!

This is a family movie night favorite in our house. There is some brief cursing and kissing but other than that this is a very clean movie. Great disaster story about tornados. We have a 6 year old in our house and he loves it. There is a shower seen, but it only comes down to the neck. No nudity.
Kid, 12 years old August 30, 2015

My favorite movie

honestly I've been watching this movie since I was 2. My parents are extremely strict with movies but this was fine with them. It has one scene where the reproductive therapist says, " she didn't marry your p*n*s. Ok she didn't ONLY marry your p*n*s." And there is some foul language but this move is just incredible! I love it and I very much recommend it!
Kid, 9 years old February 23, 2014

I hate common sense ratings sometimes.

I think that it's for people 13 and up.
Kid, 11 years old September 15, 2013

Not Great, But Fun

Although this movie isn't great, it is still fun to watch. Some scenes are intense, but nothing to disturbing.
Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2013

Its fine for 10 &Up

Its pretty good...and I'm 11...only a couple deaths...none very scary. This is a thriller. Not "Scary" or "Spooky." just...eye opening.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 9, 2011

Hit 90's storm chaser film is dumb and loud, but lot's of fun for tween's and up

Compared to many of todays storm-disaster-related movies, Twister is quiet tame, in fact, it is appropriate of r ost oldet weens. Now, even though it can be very intense at times, and there is some profanity including about 2 F-words, Twister is a lot of fun for tweens, and many of them will love it. Sure, the movie doesn't have a brain in it's head, but at least it is entertaining. And no, I wasn't being sarastic.
Kid, 11 years old July 31, 2011

Was This in Oklahoma City?

I think that the tornado is causing the problem of the scariness of this movie.
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2011

Great movie for tweens!

This movie has a lot of cussing, but it is great! :) Not for little kids AT ALL!!!!
Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2011

A movie with a kick

Brace yourself for all of the action with tornadoes. The scences with the tornadoes might seem scary. true many curces but they are awesome to listen too.