Kid reviews for Twister

Twister Poster Image

Great movie some violence and some cursing

It’s a really fun and good movie some kids may be scared of the tornado scenes there is some cursing and some violence though I think most 11 year olds should be fine watching this but if there really sensitive wait until there 13 overall all to worry about is some violence and cursing other than that it’s fine I highly recommend it

Twister movie review by Logan Strohl

Twister is a amazing natural disaster weather movie from the author of Jurassic Park it has everything you want action and drama a film not worth missing it has language but that really about it for the concern side of it otherwise then have fun and enjoy it.

Action-packed disaster adventure is entertaining.

Twister is a 1997 disaster movie directed by Jan de Bont and starring Bill Paxton, Helen Hunt, Jami Gertz, Alan Ruck, and Cary Elwes. Language(3/5): Two quiet uses of "f**k", once in the beginning, and the other in a drive-by theater. Other profanities include "s**t", "son of a b**ch", "a**", "hell", "damn", "g****mn", "J*s*s Chr**t", "a**hole", and "bastard". Sex(2/5): Jokes about "she didn't marry your penis" with a reproductive therapist. A man references "the suck zone" to a woman, and it's a reference to a tornado, but his extended references could be interpreted as an innuendo to or*l sex. Drinking, Drugs, And Smoking(1/5): A character's drunk father is discussed. Violence(4/5): A tornado destroys a girl's house, and her father is taken away after the door breaks off. Many intense close encounters with tornadoes including car crashes and destruction. A tornado destroys a drive-by theater and the town behind it, and an elderly woman is crushed in a house, and she is seen bloodied and injured. A driver is impaled by a piece of metal through the car, his corpse is shown and the passenger dies after it is lifted into the tornado and explodes. Positive Messages(1/5): Messages about perseverance and redemption. Positive Role Models And Representations: Courageous individuals implore perseverance against dangerous weather. Quality(opinionated): Entertaining action, likable characters, and good effects. (My rating) PG-13 For intense sequences of disaster violence throughout and language including brief innuendo and brief strong uses.

movie is fine-ish

the movie is boring and not scary, but it includes the horror movie the shining in it and when I watched it as a kid i was terrified

Well...

I first watched this when I was probably 8 or 9. I used to like it, but then when I started to get older and started to understand the movie better, I really didn't like it. It gives me really bad anxiety and nerves. There is so much violence, a decent amount of blood, sooooo much death and just overall disturbing parts that make you sad.

Decent movie with some great scenes

The 14+ rating that this movie is given is completely undeserved. Most nine year olds can watch this. Characters kiss and briefly swear. There are a few Tornado sequences which some people may find stressful, but it's not gory or anything. There is no blood at all. This is just a decent adventure flick with some cool scenes. Meh.

My favorite tornado movie

Though it's not a very realistic take on tornado chasing and the unnecessary drama is added for entertainment purposes, Twister is a great movie. The animation of the tornadoes are very realistic for the 90s, but that's not realistic is how close people are to the twisters without getting severely injured or killed. This is a violent movie. A character is sucked into a tornado in the first ten minutes, two men are impaled in their car by a huge metal structure, explosions, near-death encounters with twisters, a disk of metal flies in the wind and slices someone's forehead, a character has her face slashed. Some cursing and kissing. A team works together to complete a goal. Awesome movie.

Great film but depends on the child.

This is a great film with some swearing and a few sex references. There is one scene that is quite unrealistic and there is a little bit of blood. It also encourages perseverance. Overall if your child is ok with swearing and a few suspenseful scenes this is a great film.

Good Movie.

When I first saw this movie when I was 3, I knew I wanted to do the same thing. This movie is good but could go with fewer cusses used. A few months ago I started to watch the series Tornado Chasers. This I would also rate 5 stars.