All parent member reviews for Two Brothers

Adult Written bykyrasmom April 9, 2008

We saw this movie twice!

I took my daughter to see this movie at a movie screening and we both really enjoyed it! The hunting of the tigers really bothered her but she loved the happy ending and how the protaganist learned a very important lesson. After the movie she was very interested in talking about why the tigers are dwindling and wanting to do something about it. We even went to see a second screening of the movie the next week!
Adult Written byscum1 April 9, 2008

Great family movie

Sure it's not all happy happy joy joy but it has a message. You can't shield your kids from reality. My 10 and 6 year old daughters loved the movie. It is sad at some points but it has a happy ending. This movie is what meaningful family movies are all about. If you have compasion you will like it. You can even (gasp!) talk with your children about it after you watch it since they will have concerns and feelings they want to discuss.
Parent Written bySadly disappointed December 2, 2011

We need to be respect wildlife to be better human beings

If you love animals and are against hunting, animal cruelty, circus' treatment of animals, and how society has no respect for our environment including wildlife, then do not watch this movie. It is extremely upsetting and I am a 40 year old woman. I had to turn it off after 20 minutes and my 5 year old daugther and husband were both upset by this movie. What is wrong with out society? Seriously.
Adult Written bymhula1@aol.com April 9, 2008

One word.Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

This was the best movie I've ever seen! Sure it's violent but it's not to bad. Even my dad loved it!!! My favorite part is when the two tigers are fighting in that cage but they discover they're really brothers. It was so good, I saw it 3 times!!! Kids around 5 to 8 will enjoy the movie.
Parent Written bySciential May 21, 2016

Cute Tigers and Moral Complexity

The movie is good enough just watching adult tigers being awesome and baby tigers being adorable, but it also has human characters with varied and real motivations. The Great White Hunter character kills tigers and pillages ancient temples for a living but is one of the most sympathetic characters. The local potentate has a touching monologue delivered to a tiger about his insecurity in the shadow of his late father. The tigers are anthropomorphized quite a bit. That might be objectionable for folks who don't want kids tricked into viewing tigers as anything but magnificent killing machines and it might be objectionable for kids who might be hurt and scared by bad things happening to a mommy or daddy tiger. But kids who watch nature documentaries should be all right either way because they should be able to understand that bad things happen in nature and have a more realistic view of how little animals care.
Adult Written byKari1 February 8, 2009

More horrifying than Heartwarming

We rented this to watch with an 8 year old and a 10 year old, believing the box trailer that the film was enchanting and heartwarming. Not! The animal cruelty exhibited through 90% of the movie made it unbearable to watch. The ending is happy, but too much pain beforehand.
Adult Written bymiraclemom April 9, 2008

YIKES!!! Too Intense For Younger Kids!!!

We recently rented this movie to watch with our 5 year-old and her grandparents. The DVD blurb made it sound like a heartwarming animal story with great photography. WE HAD TO TURN IT OFF LESS THAN 1/4 WAY THROUGH!! W-A-Y to intense for my daughter, and frankly for all of us as family entertainment! Graphic shooting death of animals, kidnapping of the baby animals, highly emotional scenes of the mother tiger trying to save her cubs. I felt very misled by the description of this movie on the DVD cover!!!
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

The animal mistreatment was heartbreaking

It was a beautifully filmed movie with a strong message of animal conservation. The animals are horribly treated. My 14 year old daughter cried a lot, particulaly when a child's beloved pet was torn from him and placed in a dungeon for a king's amusement. I felt very upset during and after the move. There were about 15 people in the theater, half of them left after 20 min.
Adult Written bylisa perez April 9, 2008

I HATED THIS MOVIE

My 10 year old daughter and I just walked out of this movie, which is a first for me. This movie was presented on tv promos as being a family movie with a heartwarming story line. We both found it to be filled with animal cruelty and neither one of us could name a character that we liked. It left us feeling uncomfortable as we were watching it and after we left. I don't recommend this movie at all.
Adult Written bykia April 9, 2008

Loved it!!!!!

I took my kids (6&9) to see this movie. We LOVED it. Any adult would like it too. This is now on my top 10 favorite movie list! My daughter (9) cried at one part when a tiger is shot, but ended up loving the story. Go see it, you'll enjoy it!
Adult Written bytelemark April 9, 2008

Too slow for young kids

This was a good movie overall, but it took way too long to get to the point of the movie. Kids under five, may have a hard time sitting still until the movie is over. The action and adventure is slow moving, but the animals are very cute and there are some exciting scenes. Animals do die in the movie, so kids ask alot of questions about what happened to the "parents" in the movie. There is no bad language in the movie which is a plus for young kids.