Parent reviews for Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family

Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family Poster Image

Another Funny Tyler Perry Movie

14 and up.

this comedy movie Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family stars with Tyler perry is an average movie about mature themes and with that being said this movie is only for your older teens and parents you need to know that Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family has some mild language used and some smoking and drugs used overall besides the mature themes this movie does have a positive message it's about that love and faith can see families through the worst circumstances.

Predictable but occasionally funny comedy has adult themes.

Tyler Perry has gone "Hollywierd"

Based on this movie I would not see another Tyler Perry movie. I loved the plays and I really enjoyed his prior movies. The messages sent are terrible..The language used to define and demean women are terrrible, the drug use is terrrible, the way the characters talked to one another was terrible. As a parent I was upset with all the foul language. As a mother watching this movie, all the female characters where horrible depictions of women. I admit that the issues presented do occur in families but this movie was hard to watch. I hated just about every character and was disappointed. I left this movie feeling as though Tyler Perry has finally allowed "Hollywierd" to penetrate his concepts. This movie was the worst of them all. If this is the new direction Tyler is planning to move towards I will not pay to see another movie.

Hit or Miss, Leave the kids at home

I think it's time to retire Medea. The opening 10 minutes is laced with such buffoonery. Four people walked out the first five minutes. I think there was a drugs, yet her best frend/relative was an old pot head. However, the movie did focus on very common dysfunctional family issues tha tis prevalent for some levels of culture. The sexually aggressive moves on the doctor was unnecessary and lasted too long.Medea running her car into the fast food joint was too over the top. Since a woman ran over four people in cleveland last week at a Mickie D's , the release time of the movie was bad. In addition, you never saw the police respond to investigatet the incident at the fast food restaurant, nota good message. I heard many people say they though the movie was demeaning to women. I say we all know women who are similar to the characters. I'm tired of black men sayig his movies makes them look bad. If your personality isn't like the characters, don' tworry. We don't judge all black men on movie characters. Not all black men are MACHO, not all black men treat women right, get over it! However, the black males in this movie did present a different type. I saw them as trying to be the gentlier, more understanding type, empathizing with the difficult role of black women. Just as the movie For Colored Girls showed black women need to take a stand, this movie showed black men need to communicate their feelings. I did think it was his worse movie so far. I found it hard to believe he wrote th story line. Joe's character didn't add anything to the movie. He could be eliminated and not missed. I don't think it will do well at the box office after viewers share their opinions with family and friends. I also don't think it's appropriate for ayone under 17. I saw too many children 5-16 in the movie. It's definitely time Perry look for new story lines. I must applaud him for creating a opportunity for numerous talented black actors who rarely get an opportunity to showcase their craft. For that reason alone, I will till support his endeavors.