All parent member reviews for Uncle Buck

Adult Written by4Spice October 24, 2009

a classic 9 and over

great great movie very funny atch it 9 and over
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 4, 2015

Parents should have judgement when letting there young ones watch this..

The overall film has it’s funny parts.. on the other hand, I think this film shouldn’t be shown to kids under the age of 13 due to it’s Sexual references, Language, this film also has a sex scene for a brief second until Buck takes apart the door, and It also contains smoking and drinking.(“I stopped smoking cigarettes, now I’m on to cigars..”) . Other than that, Please use wise judgement when deciding to let your Young adolescents watch this..
Adult Written bywonder dove May 19, 2012

Brings back childhood memories!

I have to say, one of John Candy's all-time BEST movies (The Great Outdoors is another one of his amazing films!) I have seen this movie countless times and it never gets old. Watched it first time when I was a youngster - probably about 7 and completely overlooked all the dirty stuff except for something that stayed with me...the dirty dancing scene with Buck and the woman next door (lol). Looking at it now is laughable, it's incredibly humorous. Not really a family movie per say...but younger kids probably won't really notice much - the humor overrides it all! I have so many favorite parts - the drunken party-clown was perfect, Buck's morning pancakes, his car was hilarious, the deal with Bucks love interest was pretty funny as well, Bucks lifestyle was not so great but the man he was inside...was so special and such a wonderful caring being. My dad's favorite movie - watched together many times and it brings back such great memories I'll treasure! Watch with the fam, such an enjoyable film all around!
Parent Written bypbryden April 9, 2012

Uncle Buck is worth the mild language

A great film, but more swearing than I remembered. It presented a teachable moment for us, but took us a bit by suprise.
Parent Written byCamisita January 27, 2012

Not for my kid...

How is the suggested age of 11 good for a movie where teen sexis impled? What kind of message are we sending if we let kids see that sex for teens is ok outside of marriage and at an age that they can't make sensible decisions for themselves or handle any "consequences"? I don't think so.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byGoodSSJ August 10, 2011

The Movie's Ok For Me But My Kid Loves This Movie

This Movie Should Have Been Rated:PG-13 For Sexual Content,Language,And Drug Use.