All parent member reviews for Under the Sea 3D

Adult Written byCSMOfficialAccount February 22, 2009

Stunning visual of the beautiful - and fragile - ocean.

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written bybuddy45 October 1, 2009

a tiny bit scarey in bits

Loved the 3D movie, but my daughter was quite scared with the quick jumping of some of the sea creatures lunging suddenly to eat other fish - the shark was pretty scarey, too for my daughter who is 4 1/2. overall, a great movie though - thankfully it ended with cute little sea lions coming out of the screen.
Parent Written byerinmidwife December 10, 2015

Disappointing and short attention span paced

We don't watch many movies and I picked a few shorter nature flicks for my kiddos (5,8) while they were sick. There was nothing objectionable here. There as a reference to "lovers" so that might incite questions you may or may not want to answer. The face was kind of ADD and there was no thread running through out, just jumping from tidbit to tidbit which was unsatisfying given the pace. If it were an old school style slow nature movie that wouldn't have mattered. And the default animal sex was always "he" no surprise there. Environmental message. Ultimately felt like not very satisfying eye candy.
Adult Written byJEDI micah September 5, 2012

Jim Carrey is a good narrator!

I saw this movie in an IMAX theater at a science museum in Toronto, Ontario, and it was truly breathtaking! The giant screen was all over us, which means there was so much beauty of the ocean right in front of our faces! There is one scene, though, when two creatures, male and female, are reproducing by spitting semen into the female's opening and a sexy song was playing. That might be an occasion for you parents if your kids ask you, "What are the fishies doing, Mommy and Daddy?" Just be prepared, parents, to give them the answer( if they're old enough to know)! Anyway, this is a cute and beautiful movie to watch for the entire family!
Adult Written bypat t. July 28, 2016

gratuitous

If you have a sensitive child, avoid at all costs. Scenes of predator and prey are accompanied by unneccessary loud soundeffects to hammer home the fate of the prey. Yes,children need to know about the food chain but my 7 year old was distraught at seeing some beautiful fish in 3d, devoured in front of her eyes like some sick joke. This is classified as a u?!!!!!!! Total disgrace
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 23, 2012

Agreed,it's beautiful.

In my opinion,this movie is excellent.It's one of the most admireable,and one of the cutest too! I can see why parents love this movie,and I totally agree.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymohi August 27, 2010
Parent of a 2 year old Written byjstroik March 20, 2009

Beautiful

I took my 2 1/2 year old son to see this. He loves fish and animals that live under water. He was enthralled the entire time. He loved it. There are 3 different parts where a big fish eats a little fish. He jumped, I think mostly because of how fast the bigger fish moved in on the smaller ones. I would tell any mom to take her little ones to it. The sea lion ending was a favorite of mine and my son's.