Kid reviews for Underworld: Evolution

Hyper-violent and absolutely not for kids.

Teen, 17 years old Written byShoveledSnow April 9, 2008

Good, but not as good as the first...

I loved this movie, mainly because I'm a fan of vampires and horror fiction, but it still wasn't as good as the first. The graphics and CG are better, but plot-wise it's a bit slow and mainly supported by blood, gore, and monster chases. That happens to be something I like in a movie of this genre, but I'd not recommend it to anyone under 14 years of age. As for the sex scene, it's a bit intense. It's rather easy to tell that it's fake, though, due to positioning of the bodies - but younger kids likely wouldn't know that. And even then, the sex scene actually made me feel a bit iffy when I was watching it with a friend: Awkward moment. Overall, though, it's a good movie for a sequel but makes very little sense as a stand-alone.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJordan Kenneth April 13, 2018

Caution required (minor spoilers)

I love the underworld saga, since I was brought up on hyper-violent movies. Although this film was undoubtedly the worst in the franchise, I still liked it, personally. Due to the questionable sex scene, I had to increase the 'age-rating', because otherwise I would have given it a 13. There were some really impressive scenes that are incredibly rewatch-able, such as the drive-fight between Marcus and Selene. The ending was one long, awesome action sequence that I greatly enjoyed. The fight on the boat was very, very cool. The movie built on the lore of the last film. In every essence, it almost ticked all the boxes neccassary for an cation-horror flick. And unfortunately, that's where the praise ends. Nowadays, the violence in this movie would be equal to that of hot fuzz. Not real violence, just tons of gore. Not only does this film add to the amount of violence there was in the first film, but it even adds CGI to it. From a critical perspective, the acting simply wasn't very good and the creature effects(i.e, the vampire and werewolf effects) weren't convincing and are really quite dated. Unless you've gotten your kids to watch the entire 'Fast and Furious' franchise since they were 6, then be cautious about watching this film with the family. In short, if you liked the first film, then you'll be disappointed yet pleased with this movie. It's basically not a movie for most Friday-night-sit-at-home-on-the-couch families, especially with young children(i.e. 0-10 year-olds).

Teen, 15 years old Written byDevin ghost March 18, 2017

Not for kids

Very gory and bloody movie to watch this is the bloodiest movie ever
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. April 25, 2013

Absolutely not for kids.

Very gory, vampires and werewolves are killed, ingruesome fasion, one has his head is cut in half with a vampires large wings, with blood spraying every direction.

Teen, 17 years old Written byPrincessCharmed797 December 19, 2012

Underworld: Evolution

well i think you should not talk about sexuality in this film. Because most of the hollywood films now a days have sexual scenes.
Kid, 10 years old March 26, 2012

Gorest movie I have ever seen

I was watching it on FX this morning there was to much blood and gore and the worst part was when victor gets is head cut of by that demon vampire with wings that movie is messed up and the naked kissing scene was to much that I had to turn the channel. How can I put this in a nice way I HATED IT! I love werewolfs and vampires but this movie stunk like crap!

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 January 16, 2012

SO DARN VIOLENT!!!!

Yes,well,but it dosent deserve a not for kids.I watched it with my 10 yr old brother and dad and my brother didn get nightmares.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMangareader101 August 18, 2011

Dont forget what kind of movie this is!

My lord! People! This movie had vilence, but it wasnt anything I havent seen already in other movies. ITS A VAMPIRE AND WEREWOLF/LYCAN MOVIE. its gonna have blood. the language wasnt anything I havent heard too. Very good and I highly recomend it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymichayla May 14, 2011
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest March 27, 2011

people are wrong to said that movie is 17 year old

some gory scene and some sexual content
but that's it
I saw it when I was 9 my brother saw it when he was 6
when people said that's for 17 years old there wrong
Teen, 14 years old Written bybhoot January 8, 2011

Its good for twentees

Teen, 14 years old Written bymeemz4395 April 22, 2009

MAN UP

Like I said man up a bit, dont have your 4 year old watch it..duhhhhh...if 14 years olds watch it, well, we've all had the talk and know whats going on..stop skweeking and just watch it like an adult...I do.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylilmisspj4u2 April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written bymrwonka02 April 9, 2008

its not bad

good movie, if youre a vampire/werewolf/horror/action fan, u might like it
Teen, 15 years old Written byenglishrider4546 April 9, 2008

NOT FOR 15 OR UNDER!!

This movie almost got an NC-17(that's one rating below X) rating for violence. Every violent action you can probably name happens in this movie! The sex scene wasn't too bad (comparing it to American Pie or Love Actually) Language was pretty strong, but that usually isn't a big issue for kids in Jr. High or High School. If parents are considering letting their kids see this movie, have them watch the other one first. It was much less violent, gory, and provacative.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDman April 9, 2008

Not as good as the first

Not half as well done as the original, but a great plot line and a must see for anyone who was a fan of the first. Any kid mature enough to enjoy this movie is gonna know when he shouldn't be looking at the screen.