Parent reviews for Unknown

Unknown Poster Image

This movie is great for preteens, younger is pushing it.

This movie was great, but at the same time quite disappointing. I defiantly expected more, due to Liam Neeson’s last thriller being Taken which was BRILLIANT. When I looked at the common sense review I was a little sceptical on the maturity side of this movie, so I decided to watch this movie first before watching the movie with my son who’s 12. This movie has some standard Liam Neeson action, some fistfights, car chases, explosions. I was though surprised with how little the gun fights were. This movie has defiantly been toned down from taken to fit the PG-13 limits. Violence: 2 car chases, several fistfights, the main character is in a car crash. Language: 3 s-words 4 damns 1 bitch 1 middle finger 1 Jesus Christ Sexual Content: There is a flashback scene where you see liam Neeson kissing his wife in a shower, no nudity. (I highly recommend skipping this scene, most parent reviews I see is saying the same) Overall I personally think that a mature 11 yr old or 12 can watch this the violence is not bad but skip the flashbacks scene.

1 person found this helpful.

Good movie unnecessary sexual scenes

Shower scenes, kissing, moaning, naked back shown. Braless T-shirt shows nipples. Sounds of neighbors having sex.

1 person found this helpful.

The movie is good, the age group is older.

This is a well done movie, but express caution based on your child's age and maturity level for viewing. I would probably not go younger than 14-years-old to watch this movie.

14 and up.

Unknown is a good and awesome thriller movie stars with Liam Neeson played in the movie taken and although the movie maybe confusing at first it will surely entertain your older teens but parents this movie Unknown has some intense violence some brief sexual content some mild language used and little drinking and drugs used.

Horrible MOVIE

this movie is terrible and might be to complicated for younger kids. don't bother playing the movie.

unknown

pg13 for some sequences of intense violence and action,some sexual content and brief strong language

Outcast against the world with new twist

I found it to be quite different from the other movies you could categorize in this genre of someone unexpectedly being left alone in the world and the whole world is against him. One of the different things about it is that this outcast is portrayed as quite normal and not a super hero that can easily deal with impossible situations a la Jason Bourne. Another good feature is the plot which leaves relatively few holes within a significant twist. Different from other movies, the twist was quite unexpected and tight. I found the pace to be quite good, although you could argue some more editing could improve it.

Disappointing thriller with a good twist

2.5/5 A man awakens from a coma, only to discover that someone has taken on his identity and that no one, (not even his wife), believes him. With the help of a young woman, he sets out to prove who he is. ok this movie isn't TAKEN, but mildly satisfying action thriller. it is very slow moving and the first 30 minutes were quite boring and painful to watch. my Flixster friends really liked it but i didn't that much. 55% Rotten Tomatoes rating is quite fair. i am not saying it is a bad movie, but i didn't liked it. i was not feeling well so i had to take Tablets, i think it was the drowsiness that i did not got into this movie, because i don't remember absolutely nothing about this movie. thats is terrible. i would have loved it but on the basis of what i felt i am reviewing it, i don;t think i would be able to watch this movie again. The Bourne Identity kind of felling but that one was far better. Taken was good. i read a critic saying it is very twisted but i didn't saw anything like that in it. the final twist was good. less but appropriate action in it. movie was unpredictable. plot was entertaining and makes you guess at several parts. plot turns a bit over the top at times but Liam makes it grounded. screenplay was fair, not much bad or good, some final touches were needed. direction was sharp i must say but didn't quite impressed me the way it should have. story was entertaining. editing of some sequences was very tightly done. cinematography was very good, i liked the locations and all. background score was awsome. really good. Liam Neeson was perfect choice for this movie always. i like him in these kind of flicks, he could have been done a slightly better job though. Diane Kruger was good, January Jones was very plastic in it, i don't like her. other supporting cast was below average. ofcourse acting wise these kind of movies lack that punch and it won't any awards. the car crash and car chasing scenes were good. this movie to some way is good. an interesting and tensed movie. i would blame my condition for not liking and getting this movie. if you are a Liam fan you will watch it for sure.

At least 16+

Not appropriate to teens.

Good, but not great

It's far from Neesons best film, but it still got some good stuff in it. However, it's more of a mystery drama than an action film so don't go in expecting it to be like Taken. The plot was good and deffiently had some on the edge of your seat moments and the twist was pretty good too, but it does start out slow but once it picks up it gets pretty involving. There is some violence in the movie but it isn't that graphic besides some blood. Besides that, theres a breif non-graphic sex scene flashback that last about a minuite. If your looking for a good Mystery movie than i would deffiently check this out. However, if your looking for an Action Thriller, i would just go rent Taken.