Kid reviews for Unplanned

Very graphic content in faith-based abortion biopic.

Teen, 14 years old Written bykersplat June 12, 2019

Didactic movie is one dimensional and not thought provoking

I believe that Mrs. Johnson's story is true, but I think there are much more deep and analytic ways to address the current and complex issue of abortion. Antagonists are not portrayed as human beings with minds of their own, likewise the protagonists seem to have no humanity or life: they only seem to exist as props. The graphic scene is not as bad as people say it is; a bit bloody, but not nearly as violent as an average modern superhero film. The background music is cheesy, sentimental chick-flick tunes. Overall, very non-thought provoking. I almost forgot I saw it the next morning. No impressions left. Very one dimensional and forgettable.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviereviewer6 April 4, 2019

Very good

his movie was fantastic! It was an eye opening moment of what actually happens behind the closed doors of planned parenthood. While this movie was quite gory it was important to show it that way. No other way can one truly understand the terrible evils happening inside planned parenthood. WARNING!!! You will not leave the theater the same. You will never be pro-choice again and you will be inspired to help in the pro-life community.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBrooklynBM April 3, 2019

Emotional Roller coaster

The first five minutes of the movie shoves you through so many emotions. It was an incredibly moving and educational movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byEliza Lalor May 24, 2019

Amazing and moving movie, must see

This movie is amazing. I recommend it for mature 12-13 year olds and less mature 14-15 year olds. There is one scene that common sense media doesn’t talk about that shows a disposal company wheeling out bins full of fetal parts and pro-lifers outside pray over it. Nothing inside the bins are shown, but this scene is in my opinion the saddest part. It really makes you think.

Teen, 15 years old Written byPurple_1569 April 9, 2019

...

The movie preaches to the choir the entire time, the story seems mostly made up, the acting is nothing special, but it's shot surprisingly well. - 2.5/10
Teen, 15 years old Written byMissBookaHolic March 29, 2019

A fast-moving, appalling, accurate portrayal of abortion is gory and disturbing

"Unplanned" is more than difficult to watch. It's agonizing. You won't walk out of the theater the same person.

Teen, 17 years old Written byyaboixgettinmoney August 21, 2019

This movie made me want to get an abortion.

Damn this movie sucked.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySweets06 August 15, 2019

Everyone needs to see this movie!

Unplanned is about Abby Johnson and her journey from working at Planned Parenthood to being totally against abortion.
GREAT MESSAGES 5/5-This movie had an amazing message about what abortion is really is like and gave an inside look on what goes on behind those closed doors. It was an amazing, eye opening look into the world of abortion. This is a must see movie for everyone, abortionist or not.
GREAT ROLE MODELS 4/5-There were some pretty good role models here. Pastor Shawn and his group were great role models of how to peacefully protest. Abby Johnson also shows that even though you have done wrongs you can be forgiven and change your ways.
VIOLENCE 5/5-Yes this movie was very graphic. In the first five minutes they were already sucking a baby out if the womb. You can see the baby squirming and trying to get away. He can be seen grabbing on the side of the uterus trying to pull himself up. The women is groaning/crying in pain and you can see all the blood and baby parts being sucked through a tube. Next(in the movie not right away) Abby is seen taking the pills to ‘gently clean the uterus’ and there is blood and chunks of blood coming out. It was very graphic. She is seen biking the chunks of blood too(this is not the baby it is clots). Lastly, there is a girl shown dripping blood and almost dying, due to a malfunction in abortion.
SEX 1/5- people are barely seen I think a little kissing(if I can’t remember must not be that bad)
SWEARING 1/5-I was very surprised and happy to see they swore ONCE(a**). I was also surprised when Abby is shown in labor(nothing graphic or soon) and I thought she would swear but all she says is ‘shut up!’
CONSUMERISM 0/5-I don’t think there was any,but the head of Planned Parenthood would lie horribly to make more money. (Ie when one of the girls getting an abortion and it went horribly wrong(see violence above) Cheryl told Abby to tell the girls dad she was perfectly fine.
DRINKING DRUGS SMOKING 1/5-Barley any. Abby and Doug have a drinks and got to a Mexican restaurant and get a beer and margarita but I don’t even think they drank it. There’s no drugs or smoking.
Overall I give this movie a 5/5. It made me want to help stop abortion. Please watch this movie everyone it will change your mind! It made 500 people at Planned Parenthood quit

Teen, 16 years old Written byShawn17a July 13, 2019

Inspirational movie

This movie is a must see for everyone. It was beautifully done and was so enjoyed by the audience. Kudos to those who brought this true story for us to see and appreciate for its truthfulness.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEllerd06 May 3, 2019

Powerful movie

I really think this is a great movie to go see! It is a very powerful message telling you what actually happens to unborn baby’s during an abortion. I don’t think the movie should be rated R at most PG 13.
I definitely recommend this movie to others!

Teen, 14 years old Written byAnnika0922 April 20, 2019

AMAZING!!! A must see movie for anyone who doesn't know anything about abortion

This movie was very motivational and educational. In some parts of the movie it was hard watch because of how realistic it was. Honestly, it should not be rated R. It only showed one ultra sound of an abortion and some bloody scenes. The abortion scene was disturbing, but there is no other way to show an abortion. I would strongly recommend this movie to anyone who does not know about planned parenthood. GREAT MOVIE!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byalliebugnacki April 20, 2019

Moving film that unravels the disgusting truth about Planned Parenthood

This movie was one of the best I’ve ever seen. It follows a former pro-choice woman, whose life is transformed after she saw what really goes on when an abortion is performed. This movie really made me feel stronger about my stance on abortion and how it really is. People who are pro-choice or pro-life should give this a watch. Beautiful story that will move you.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysilvercat22 April 16, 2019

A Heavy Movie That Gives a New Perspective

I was pretty much forced to watch this movie by my conservative family, and going into it I was pro-choice. Although I'm not sure it has changed my decision on the matter, it definitely changed my perspective on abortion and it really caused me to think. My family described it as "heavy", which I think describes it pretty well. It's not at all fun to watch, but I think it's good for teens to see because it presents both sides accurately and is realistic.

I found it very graphic - at one point there is assembled parts of a baby in a petri dish, and there is a lot of blood shown in a variety of scenes. There are references to having sex in college, and there are teens getting abortions. At one point a man behind the fence yells at a teen girl heading in for an abortion that she "couldn't keep her legs closed". However, I actually think the main character is a god role model because though she was pro-choice for most of the movie, she always strives to do what's right and in the end is very sorrowful for being responsible for deaths of thousands of babies. Although her family disapproves of her choice in career, they are always very supportive of her.

Overall, I think that the appropriate age depends on the maturity of the child and the parent's decision, but it's a good movie for a teen to watch.

Teen, 17 years old Written byHaleyT14 April 10, 2019

A True Story That Needs to be Told

This movie tells the true story of the life of the former Planned Parenthood clinic director, Abby Johnson, and how she turned away from abortions and her job and became a voice for the unborn. This movie does a great job at revealing both sides of the coin (pro-choice and pro-life) in an understanding and positive light, that shows that most of us are just trying to do the right thing. This movie also reveals how blind many of us are about Planned Parenthood and their view. I think it was an extremely informative movie that is bringing the truth to light. I hope that it will cause both pro-choice and pro-life supporters to step back and check themselves to make sure they truly are believing the right thing and acting out their beliefs in the most loving and safe manner.

Violence and gore- The abortion scenes, especially the chemically induced abortion, can be disturbing, but the gore does not deserve an R rating. Still, I would recommend this movie not be shown to the young or immature. The Common Sense Media review gives a good idea of what the gore is like in this movie.
Sex- This is a movie about pregnancy and abortion, so obviously sex is an underlying theme. But other than a few sexual remarks and kissing, there is no sex shown in this movie.
Language- Language is mild, but I'm disappointed it is in this movie at all since this is a Christian movie.
Drinking/Drugs/Smoking- There are a few scenes with characters drinking alcohol.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCrazygirl2343 April 9, 2019

Its the truth

I think everyone should watch this. Especially girls. This movie shows what happens behind a closed curtain. Although there is a few bloody scenes, its showing what happens everyday in real life. There is no sex scenes, (Although it shows the main character and another man closing the door to an apartment) Its pretty graphic as it shows a fetus on an ultrasound fighting to stay in the womans stomach. In another scene she takes "The pill." And gets very bloody from there. But the reason I say 12 and up is because of the meaning behind it. Its a great christian movie, and I wouldn't hesitate letting your children watch this movie. No matter if your pro life or pro choice, I totally recommend.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySherlockschnoodle April 7, 2019

Very Powerful

The movie was very well done, showing a powerful truth and a tough story. While there are definitely a few scenes that are hard to see, people need to see the true story of the film. It’s definitely not for anyone under 13, but I believe it can change minds and hearts. Interesting that although the many parent and kid reviews recommend ages 13 and 14 +, the overall “common sense” rating is age 17+. Regardless, amazing movie, and it’s sad to see so many against it.

Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2019

This is the most important film you will ever see

I went to see Unplanned with my mom and sister yesterday. Honestly, this movie is powerful enough to drive a 12 year old boy to tears because of the incredible message. I came out of the theater hugging my mom and thanking her for loving me.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymovielover.11 April 5, 2019

Good christian family movie for 15

I thought the movie was really good, we watched it with my 12 year old sister and she turned away on some parts. just so you know it's one of those turn away at graphic scenes if you are young at all movies.