All parent member reviews for Unstoppable

Parent of a 17 year old Written byjkssmom December 3, 2010

A free ticket movie, but not a movie I would recommend to others

So much language I was starting to cringe by mid movie. Walked out. Will wait for the television version.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy June 1, 2013

This was a good movie. Kinda forgettable (sorry if I spelt that wrong) though.

This is one of those films with a simple plot. Unstoppable is all about two guys trying to stop a train. This was good. Pretty action packed, and awesome voice-acting.
Adult Written byJEDI micah May 16, 2013

Forgettable, but still, NICE MOVIE!

This may not be one of the most memorable movies of all time, but it is still a great movie! The acting is good, special effects are descent, and the story is simple: Stop the train! Nice movie.
Parent of a 12 and 13 year old Written byDonnalyn September 27, 2012

Nonstop action

Very intense. Nonstop action. Strong female lead.
Adult Written byJ0SH24 March 30, 2012

Good Review

Bad language. And very violent.
Educator and Parent Written bymelindacosta July 8, 2011

Words heard in the first 28 minutes of movie. Terrible language!

The language is really a problem in this movie. In the first 28 minutes of the movie you will hear s**t, D***, he*ll, Son of B, Bit**,and the F word as well! The name of Jesus is also taken in vain. You also hear comments made regarding Hooters and how he "is a fan" etc. That is in the FIRST 28 MINUTES! Not even close to being acceptable for 13 year olds! Come on commonsensemedia! Let give parents "REAL" reviews and ratings! Not a movie I will allow my 4 children to watch...even if they are 17!
Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written bydawnmail March 7, 2011

My son loves trains and disaster movies. This was the best of both worlds. Unstoppable is under the same thread as your typical disaster movie with lots of thrills and pretty tame on the violence. We had a movie night with a mixed bunch of 12/13 year old girls/boys. The only iffy part for one female guest was a scene where a person tries to board the train via a helicopter, crashes through the train window and is knocked unconscious. The boys gave the movie a thumbs up! The lesson of this movie is safety first.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byMom of Young teens March 4, 2011

One the whole family can watch with tweens, young teens. Action-packed.

Adult Written bySkipit February 27, 2011

Great for 16 to adult

Good action thriller with lots of suspenseful moments. Also has a few good positive messages one of which is "don't give up". Definitely strap yourself in for a exciting time watching this one. Excellent acting on the part of Washington and Pine.
Adult Written byFamilyofSix February 20, 2011

This was a decent movie. It was different and interesting, because there wasn't any 'bad guy'. It was just people trying to overcome an impending disaster. There was some bad language, but thankfully there was not much sex or bloody violence. It would be a good selection for 15-17 year olds.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byDiscerningMom January 14, 2011

Good for mature 13 yr olds & up

Outside of the swearing, which we as parents personally get tired of hearing in movies, this movie has a good story. It depicts turning a nowhere situation into one of victory.
Adult Written byA Dad Who Cares December 6, 2010

God....most common word in movie

God**** used at least 20 or 30 times, I read initial review, I personally would make the language 4 or 5 instead of 3, I hate God's name in vain
Adult Written byTio George November 20, 2010

Great Action, Suspense, but language not good at all for children

Great Movie, but language is horrible. If the language were decent, I would not have a problem with the movie.
Adult Written bykhan2705 November 19, 2010

action packed adrenaline filled unstoppable thrill ride.

wow man, watching trains have never been that exciting before. it was a full on Hi Octane thrill ride from start to finish. one of the best Action thrillers in recent days. and on of the best movies so far. i would say that its impossible for any one to not enjoy movie. its about a runaway train carrying toxic materials running through high populated areas and they have to stop it one way or another. they try but fails but then these two engineer (Denzel) and Conductor (Chris) decides to take this matter in their own hands. with decent performances, very different and interesting plot, good story, uneven screenplay at few places in the start which does not matter when the movie reaches the middle, and a deadly runaway train, you got a perfect movie to watch. and not to forget that its by Tony Scott, yes he is back. another thing that i loved and will appreciate about this movie is that the camera work is mindblowing and fantastic. two thumbs up for that. The action is fast-paced, and the tension grabs you from around 10 minutes in and just doesn't let go. its one of the few movies recently that has so suspense. editing of this movie is excellent, while some people will definitely complain about lack of action scenes, which i think is wrong since this movie does not require much of extra unnecessary action, its good the way it is. a gripping, adrenaline thrill ride with unstoppable entertainment. Must watch.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez November 14, 2010

13 and up.

Unstoppable is one of those movies that your teens will love to see filled with a lot of action but parents you need to know that the Unstoppable has some intense violence filled with trains hitting vehicle's and a person dies in a train explosion there are plenty of strong language used and there is some smoking such as cigarettes there is a positive message to this movie it's about teamwork and collaboration and there are some good role models which is a character named frank who is smart, experienced, and confident in his skills and connie who seems to be a sole woman at a train yard full of men, is effective in her leadership position.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byJohn C. November 13, 2010

Harsh Language...

Language is pretty harsh in this movie... Otherwise great movie!
Adult Written byMovieMan26 November 13, 2010

Disappointing; it could have been better...

I was really looking forward to this movie; I thought it would be a great suspense thriller filled with destruction and action sequences. What we got was Speed without Keanu Reeves. This repetitive, practically-explosion-less thriller did have great performances by both Washington and Pine, and some of the action scenes were pretty good, especially near the beginning. But, by the end, you'll probably be wondering why Tony Scott "prolonged the execution." The movie goes on way too long, with too many repeating shots of fast-moving trains. There are few actual chase scenes, and the preparations made in every town make an inevitable anitclimactic experience. I'm sorry to sound so negative, but I really thought this movie would be more creative. Be warned: don't get your hopes to high. Parents: There's a surpirsing amount of strong, harsh language in the film, plus there are many perilous (although anticlimactic) scenes. There's one non-graphic death and a few explosions. Bottom Line: Adults may get tired of it, teens may get bored, and kids may get scared. It's just not really worth anyone's time in my opinion. Well, thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Parent of a 2, 8, and 10 year old Written bylinker November 13, 2010

As a parent of three, I took my oldest (10) to see this last night. It was fairly intense and suspensful, however, the explosions, and fast moving train scenes didn't seem all that over the top. The language was a little strong but didn't cross the line into being offensive. In fact, given the topic and the stress in the situation, the language seemed necessary. It, of course, is not language that we let our children use, but because of what was going on in the movie, I felt it just seemed necessary.