Kid reviews for Up in the Air

Up in the Air Poster Image

quite good

comedy yes, but also complex character study of a man who isolates himself from other people.

Decent Movie, A little disapointing

maturity: Violence: Absolutely none, only talks of it (PG) Sex: Sexual talk, implied sex, and brief nudity(butt) (Barely R) Swearing: Not too bad about 25 F Words(R) Quality Acting: Great, all those award nominations were well deserved Interesting: No, it can get boring at times Overall: Good, but not great I thought this would be the best George Clooney movie(so far I haven't love any of his movies, my favorite is the descendants and I want to see ocean's eleven) nut it was pretty disappointing. It is not that mature(12 and up)

Mature dramedy with relevant themes

I was worried the first 10 minutes that "UITA" would be a bit of a snoozer, but the action really kicked in when Anna Kendrick's character came in, a symbol of coming change for Clooney's Bingham, so set in his flight-bound ways of avoiding his family, and his adopted attitude of never wanting to be anchored down. The film never peaked, it just kept getting better and better, and as a hopeful writer the script is inspirational, hitting at all the right times of messages of moving on, relationships, change, without hitting you over the head with it. Kendrick really held her own against Clooney in their quid pro quo sessions of ushering in new methods to firing folks, and naturally Clooney was superb as someone who mirrors his own lifestyle.

Up in the Air

This was an outstanding film! This is a great departure from Twilight for Anna Kendrick, who really shined, and Clooney and Fermiga were amazing as well! Go see it!

Strong language in overall well done independent drama

"Up in the Air" is a thoughtful drama about a man who seems to be in control of his life, but turns out to be a lonesome man who may have no trouble, but never felt love, or friendship. George Clooney is great as Ryan Bringham, and also the whole script makes this movie great to watch for every fan of clever independent movies. The movie has some emotional moments, but - judging through my time as a kid - most children will not see movies as sad as adults. The movie is rated R, but only for language. There are mild sexual references, but there are worse sexual references in PG-movies. If you don't mind profanity, you can let younger teenagers and older children watch this. No violence is depicted (SPOILER: a suicide is a thematic element, but it is not shown, END OF SPOILER). We see a couple nude after implyingly having sex, but only from behind or under the blanket. A few mild comments are made, children will not get this. Teens and up.

relateable to may people

awesome movie got to see it

pretty good

Wonderful movie.

Extremely relevant. Well done.

Teens and Adults

It was very good! It had great acting and a good plot!

Don't get the idea it's a comedy

Good movie with complex plot and great characters. You can discuss it for hours. The problem is that the main character's job is firing people and the people's reactions are very sad. Many curse and yell but quite a few cry (including a grown man) and show pictures of their families and how they can't afford anything anymore. One even calmly states she's going to jump off a bridge and carries through with it later in the film. There are up points and down points but the ending isn't completely happy. The relationships are dishonest and there is tons of sexual innuendo. ***hole, f--k, and s--t are the main bad words said but there are also littler ones said. We see a female's butt and see 2 people in bed (and a handful of people in the background making out) but don't see them doing it... we come afterward. American Airlines, Hertz, and Hilton are popular names in the movie