Parent and Kid Reviews on

Vacancy Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 6 parent reviews

Sort by:
Cool horror, movie kids 13+ is okay, this movie can be violent but is perfectly fine for that age my rating suggested rated R for strong horror violence, sexuality

Mild for an R rated horror film

Anyone who says this film is “grisly" is just wrong. This movie is one of the mildest slasher/horror movies I've ever seen. Gore really isn't very present, it is there on a couple of occasions, but mostly this movie focuses on this married couple trying to escape with their lives from a group of insane killers. The violence is intense, but NOT graphic or grisly. The language is also pretty mild for an R rated movie. The film won't surprise you, but it will entertain you. I suggest it for horror and thriller movie fans. A teen 14 or older should be just fine with the content.

Scary fun for true horror fans!!!

Totally awesome movie! Perfect to watch with friends/family on Halloween. This was such a treat. I watched it late at night, alone in the dark and it freaked me right out! Starts off somewhat slow, a married couple get stuck in the middle of a road with car trouble. They walk to a nearby gas station and notice a motel open. They decide to book a room and stay the night but the motel manager is completely insane. Later the couple get terrorized by banging noises on their door, lights going out and some violent torture tapes they end up watching which they then discover they are being watched/video taped. With no way out, they struggle to find secret ways to escape. They are a smarter couple than most in horror flicks. I love chase scenes and this film has some great ones, excellent acting. Lots of violence, no sexual content, a few good jump scenes and a couple of strong words but hardly any. Grab your friends - or just your dog :) - and make it a night!!

Great Thriller!!

THis movie was great! It really kept me biting my nails. I think it would've been rated P-13 if they didn't show the tape of the women in their towels getting murdered for nudity. But besides that it was really good.

Gory Frightfest has Good Acting, but Less Resolution

You will never got to a motel again after seeing this frightfest (or possibly after Identity, which is much scarier). This film has good acting, great pacing, and unrelenting terror with a bloody climax. PARENTS: This is an EXTREMELY scary film with much peril and multiple stabbing-related deaths. There are gruesome images, many chases, lots of swearing, and brief breasts. Although this is a good film, it has a little bit weaker ending than normal films. But, it still does have some resolution. So, sit back, and enjoy (if you can, due to the scariness). Thanks for reading - Movie Man