Kid reviews for Vacation

Occasionally funny but mostly crude, rude, and forgettable.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJordan1568329 August 20, 2015

It's good

It was good, I'm 15, my parents saw it and told me I could see it w friends (parents are strict w movies, no R at all) evn tho it was R they let me because they thought it was fine to see. Them and I thought that it should be pg13 and its ok for kids 13+

The only reason it was R was the swearing and partial nudity (brief and minimal). It is same as any 13 movie and similar in content to original movies. It shouldn't be R

Teen, 17 years old Written bySalsander August 2, 2015

Crude and Terrible

Definitely not as funny as National Lampoons vacation. There's a lot of immature humor, but nothing really eyebrow raising (or funny for that matter).
Violence (1/5): A cow is hit by a 4-wheeler offscreen, though we blood and guts on the driver later (a nearby cow licks it, ha ha...).
Language (3.5/5): Expect a lot of f-bombs and it's variants, but it's a pretty average amount for an R-rated movie. A young kid does swear a lot without reprimand.
Alcohol (1/5): A mother drinks a whole pitcher of beer at a sorority party and drunkly stumbles through an obstacle course.
Sex (4/5): Lots of crude humor about sex. Someone spray paints a penis on the family's door. A young brother teases his older brother by saying he has vagina (this reoccurs). Men and women are seen in the dark only wearing thongs (breasts seen). A son asks what a [vulgar sexual act] is, but it is not explained. There are some subtle jokes about pedophilia. A brother in law wears tight underpants and attempts to furtively flaunt his (obviously fake) bulge to the protagonist's wife. In the ending credits, a picture is shown with part of his penis sticking out of his pants. But by then you will have probably walked out of the movie. It's a skip.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJaedenpwns July 31, 2015

HILARIOUS MOVIE but not like the other ones!

This movie was hilarious from start to end. Just like the other vacations. But they were way more inappropriate. FROM THERE FIRST SCENE IT EARNED IT'S R RATING the kids swear non stop and the music has so much swearing. But it's a good movie if u have seen the other movies and are a teen and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byVaulthacker69 May 14, 2020

Funny for adults, very rude for kids

Vacation brings back a sense of the original films, with references of previous events in the franchise, but it has clearly taken a step to the bad side of comedy movies. The cast [led by Ed Helms] just seems a little as though they don't care about this movie, not to mention it is a pretty good cast. The plot is pretty boring and the majority of the jokes are too rude for kids under 12-13, if you have a mature kid, they might get the jokes, but they are very rude. This isn't a great movie as far as if you were defining it as a movie, but if you define this as something as to just sit and relax and have a good laugh, then this is it.
Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2020

Not the worse pick, actaully a good movie

There are a lot of iffy moments and languages mostly used by the youngest child which is disturbing but other than that, it should be a good pick for kids about 13+ Although this is a iffy choice since there are some sex scenes, references, crazy swearing drunk a like cops, Strong STRONG language and love moments

Teen, 13 years old Written byYoung Rocker December 27, 2019

Love it

I love ed helms and and the vacation movies
Teen, 13 years old Written byawesomr December 1, 2019

really funny but innapropriate

this movie was funny and inappropriate, but its a good once in a while movie. I would watch this alone or at a sleepover, but not with parents. It's about a typical family vacation where everything goes wrong.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHighfive August 3, 2019
Boy spits on person.

Teen, 16 years old Written byRenae Silvera July 2, 2019

Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2019

Inappropriate enough until it became stupid.

Let's start by saying the content is WAY too inappropriate. Many sexual themes and references. At the beginning of the movie, don't be fooled, the humor eventually becomes more and more inappropriate, including some use of unnecessary swearing and language. There is a lot of inappropriate kissing and some sex scenes. There is another scene where, at a party, there are many scenes of people drinking a giant keg of beer, getting drunk, passing out, and vomiting. There is one scene where a family beats up another family playfully (no blood). A boy tries to choke another boy by putting a plastic bag around his neck. There is a scene where a man suicides.

Kid, 12 years old October 19, 2018

A must-watch... ...if your parents agree

Rated R. Definitely should be. Great movie that I advise watching, but although I've seen it I don't think I was ready. At the very youngest your kids could maybe see this at around 11 or 12. Very funny though.

Teen, 13 years old Written byIzaloma August 31, 2018

Unexpectedly Hilarious!

Hilarious things happened that I didn’t expect.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCAJ310 August 22, 2018

horrible.

Tries so hard to add in innapropriate scenes that it ruins the movie

Teen, 16 years old Written bycommonsenseman4life May 10, 2018

good but the other ones better

this one was better then vegas vacation but nothing close to the original. Sex 10/10 they try to have sex talked about rim job's and one scene with a penis but in the credits. violence 1/10 someone crashes into a cow and a girl also crashes but its funny. swearing 8/10 a lot of f words and a words
Teen, 13 years old Written byhereismyreview December 29, 2017

14 or 15 years old to see this

I am 13 and I watched it at my friend's house. I don't think it made any difference or any influence on me. It had some sex humor that would be very funny for middle schoolers that adults would find offensive. I think this movie depends on the person but I generally think 14 or 15 is a good age for most people to see it. Otherwise I was very disappointed when I saw it because I expected it to be as good as the original Vacation, but it crossed the line with sex humor and childish jokes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCheezitsandcheese August 1, 2017

Horrible and inappropriate

I watched this movie with my mom in the movie theater. We loved the original but weren't expecting much from this one. I'm pretty mature for my age and can handle some older humor without really caring, but this movie was full of absolutely terrible language and inappropriate humor. We left less than halfway through. I'm not sure what happened after we left. I know there was a nude scene in the original but I think this film was indeed much more inappropriate with everything. I don't think I laughed more than once it was an extreme wast of money. If you want to watch this movie, I suggest you don't let anyone under 18 watch.

Teen, 14 years old Written by2pennys July 26, 2017

FUNNIEST MOVIE EVER!

This movie is hilarious but also disgusting.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybiovox14 April 27, 2017

Funny, not as crude as some

This movie was actually pretty good, some sweet moments, decent points, not bad at all. It was hilarious, even though it was a little stupid and crude, and was much lighter content wise then Neighbors or Ted. There was a fair amount of language, and LOTS of sexual jokes. The little brother is a bully, and the older brother is a bit strange, but in the end, they were good too. Loved Norman Reedus's part, and anyone who likes The Walking Dead will love his part. All in all, it was a crude, rude, and hilarious movie that is good for older teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byteenqueencharli February 18, 2017

At least it has a good message of family

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavispittman January 15, 2017

Crude/crass vacation movie

Well now it's Rusty's turn to experience a Griswold vacation from the father's perspective. And let me tell ya parents, this griswold vacation is very crude, crass, and explicit, much more so than the original 1983 Vacation film. The original certainly is not family friendly and earned it's R rating, but this movie includes numerous F words, and just about every other cuss word imaginable, some spoken by kids, a man in his boxers with a HUGE penis clearly outlined in his underwear, graphic sexual references, and people getting very drunk. Let's just say it's not family fare. Is it funny?? Sometimes. Not as much as it should've/could've been, just sometimes. Chris Hemsworth is funny in his role, he's probably the best of the cast here. Teens 15+ should be alright.