All teen and kid member reviews for Vampire Academy

Teen, 13 years old Written byBooknerd430 February 18, 2014

Amazing tale of frendship

This was a great movie. I loved the bond between Rose and Lissa. This may seem like just another teen vampire movie, but their really is a good message there. This truly is a story of friendship. Rose and Lissa will stick together through everything from the mean girl at school to killing evil vampires. Rose is one of the few female dhampirs at her school, but doesn't let that get to her. She is just as good, even better, than most of the boys.
Teen, 16 years old Written byStevie111 May 28, 2014

This movie sucked, no pun intended

Boring, horribly acted film dissapointed me quite a bit. I was really looking forward to seeing this. It's unfunny, pretty violent, and just not good. I wouldn't recommend it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byiPunk February 9, 2014

A little darker than I expected

Rose (Zoey Deutch) said to a mean girl, "you are so insecure". I felt that was mean to say, yet very wise at the same time. I actually went to a listening session at the state department of education about bullying because they wanted to pass a new law. We all had different ideas. A lot of the teens said they said they thought suspension was too much of a vacation, that it was a reward for bullying. I thought the bully should do anger management or something like that. This bully's issue seemed to be low self esteem. My state is passing a law about bullying right now. There is one scene where two people are in their underwear, but it also promotes strength in women.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 March 3, 2014

My Favorite Book Ever

Seriously it is my favorite book ever made... I love the fourth book espically best.. there are so many surprises going on and the romance between Rose Hathaway and Dimitri Belikov had me LOLing I love it. There are dead things and people everywhere that somehow made me want to laugh. I don't want to give anymore away, but let me just say you are going to love it.
Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2014

Vampire Academy

Vampire Academy is... well normally i would say a genre but it is not any genre, it's EVERY genre. Action, comedy, romance, adventure, and thriller, and a whole heap more. Usually that would over-do a movie but Vampire Academy has just the right mix, so it all just works. People may not think the Vampire Academy cast are very great models, for children but they actually are. You see they are sending out a message to look out for your friends, like Rose and Lissa do for each other.
Teen, 15 years old Written by20swolfe1709 February 11, 2014

Really Good movie!

While the books are good, the movie is the same. I definitely recommend this movie. Some scenes can be disturbing do to them being related to sex. I however thought that it was a great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynicolejohnson March 7, 2014
Teen, 14 years old Written byJustine Coutu August 6, 2014

Really enjoyable!

I just saw this movie, and I was quite surprised by how good it was! It is action packed and really funny (you need to be old enough to really understand all the humour in this movie, it's one of the reasons why I said it was appropriate for 13 and over). Now, if you are a parent that does not want their child to be exposed to sex, be careful before you agree to let your child watch this... There is only one heavy makeout scene (by that I mean people in underwear on a bed, clearly wanting to have sex) but a lot of sexual innuendos (which are hilarious for people who understand them!). Then, there is of course violence and blood (it's a vampire story!) and a lot of martial arts, but it is really not that bad. Oh and finally, there are a few occasions where strong language is used (whore, dick, slut, mother---). BUT the main character is a great example of an independent and strong women, who is confident with her body and beliefs and is not easy to fool! Enjoy the movie!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMc876423 August 21, 2014

A Sucky Vampire movie in an Academy

What can I say about this movie? Well, for one thing actress Lucy Fry is just horrible at acting. I was surprised she was selected to play Lissa Dragomir. So, as you probably have come to conclude, that I did not like Lissa Dragomir's character as much as I had in the book. Rose Hathway's character was not bad at all in the movie but again I would have probably chosen a different actress for the part. All the actors and actresses I thought weren't close to the characters in the book and how I had imagined them. The movie overall was not super enjoyable like the books but again when does a movie ever live up to the book?
Teen, 15 years old Written byAshley2222222 February 29, 2016

Vampire academy

It's a really good book for people that like action and supernatural stuff. Some parts of the book is sad and some parts of it is nasty. It has a lot of action like fighting. It's really interesting throughout the whole book.It had like a friendship between the 2 girls like they stay with eachother no matter what.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKate_2003 January 3, 2016
This movie was really good I really enjoyed it but there is a bit of violence in the movie because they are vampires and they are killing the bad vampires because they try to kill the good vampires at the academy and this is the violence that is going on there is a bit of bad works but nothing that most children over ten haven't heard before and there is a tiny bit of sec but bit that much so I think that ten years old and up could handle this movie
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015

Good, but not as good as the book