All parent member reviews for Van Helsing

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Totally loved this movie. Could watch again and again.
Parent of a 12, 14, and 15 year old Written bycashed12 August 16, 2010
Take a bite out of this movie,Suggest horror movie fans ages 14 and up see "Van Helsing
Adult Written byCastellanos January 3, 2009

Guaranteed To Keep You Entertained

This is one great movie. I've seen this movie 4 times and it has kept me entertained every time. The visual effects are amazing and it has an intriguing story. This is no doubt a 5-star movie. One aspect that kept me entertained is that this is non-stop action. This movie is a roller coaster of a ride and never lets up for more than 2 minutes. I would give this a pause for 12 year old's. I think most 12 year old's could handle it, but some might get scared. There is no language in the movie, however in one scene, a women has implied sex with a man in return for saving her life. There are many scary monsters such as the werewolf, Dracula, his 3 wives, Dracula's kids (which are little flying monsters) and Mr.Hyde. There is lots of violence, however no gore, and very little blood. Consider watching the movie with your kid is he/she is scared easily.
Adult Written byerica921 August 8, 2015
Parent Written byPlague December 14, 2009

Van Helsing

Great movie, with great actors. Intense battle sequences, and very little blood. Plus Kate is super hott in this movie, so all the better.
Adult Written bymovie_mad_dad April 9, 2008

OK comic book

I watched this with my 13 year old, and by the end we both agreed it was kinda like a mildly amusing theme park ride neither of us would wait in line to ride again. It's visually spectactular, with the whole Universal lot of monsters rendered in pretty good CGI splendor. It would have been too scary for my 11 year old--if you have kids who are at all fright-adverse, find another movie. There are plenty of horror-movie type scenes where monsters stalk the protagonists. There's also this underlying semi-erotic theme of the well endowed she-vampires. Check out the recent "Count of Monte Cristo" for a better family adventure.
Adult Written byJoe100 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Very fun movie

If you're kids are going to watch it, you should know this movie is almost non-stop action, teens will absolutely love it. Adults might not like it as much due to it's relative lack of plot. But it's a very fun movie to watch, and it almost even made me cry at the end... though I won't give away why.