Parent reviews for Venom

Violent, uninspired comic-book tale misses the mark.

Adult Written byMad max road warrior October 11, 2018

Every thing you need to know about this flim for your kids

ok so im not gonna give any heavy spoilers just the amount of violence swearing
ok so the swearing i did not have a problem with it but younger kids might there are 22 uses of sh*t around 6 uses of damn 1 f*ck used as oh f*ck it lets save the world 4 uses of ass 1 use of asshole 1 use of p*ssy 2 uses of dick and that sums up all the swearing now to the violence venom bites off the head of three people you never see it happen but you do see the bite and on one of the kills you see venom throw the body away with out the head but if you blink you will miss it there are also some guys who it hit with spikes and they stick to there body and face some threats some people are killed by riot and sliced in half but you dont see the bodies people die when bonding with the symbiote sorry i have no idea how to spell that venom is quiet terrifying if your young there is a kissing scene with eddie and anna and they go into the room then the scene cuts away overall the movie great and i reccomend you take your kids to go see it unless there under the age of 12

Parent of a 10-year-old Written byAkaypaul1 October 5, 2018

Better than expected!

Me and another mom took our "Marvel movie loving" 5th grade boys to see this today and we were ALL pleasantly surprised! Like others have noted, a few bad words and one "f" bomb at an intense moment, but in typical Marvel fashion, alk the funny one liners make you laugh. Tom Hardy and Venom make a great "couple" who are constantly arguing and negotiating, etc. There is violence in the form of fighting and car crashes, but since it's bad guys getting whooped by Venom, you find yourself cheering for the creepy alien guy with all the teeth! In the end, the "good" guys win and the bad guy gets blown up! You never really see Venom biting anyone's head off (at least not in slow motion), despite the many references to him doing it! I'd say its ok for 5th graders and older who enjoy Marvel action movies and don't freak out with a few bad words. This momma (and my 10 yr old son) thought it was very entertaining and we loved the happy ending!
Parent of a 5, 10, and 10-year-old Written bysilwuttke November 1, 2019

WE ARE VENOM

DECENT MOVIE!! The movie is really a like to dead pool and black panther other 2 marvel movies (and my 10 year old kids watched it with their 11 year old cousin). But in the beginning there is a little bit of sex and kissing, a lot of bad language throughout (such as s**t, bulls**t,f**k, p***y, d**k, and a*s), extreme violence throughout, and there is a lot of sadness like Eddie Brock divorcing and losing his job, and losing his apartment. Also when Eddie is going crazy he almost kills his ex-girlfriend's husband by choking him. Lots of drinking and getting drunk also. Also heads getting eaten in one swallow and a lot of gun shooting and movie includes a lot of Sci-Fi violence and action. And people that are zombie walking. I think this movie should be rated R the MPAA ratings are really wrong here. HAS A LOT OF DARK IMAGES AND EVEN INCLUDES A PART WHERE EDDIE BROCK IS DRIVING A MOTORCYCLE OVER 100 MILES PER HOUR!!!!!!!!CRAZY MOVIE!!!!!! GREAT ACTING by Tom Hardy I was really impressed and surprised of his acting. Still I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this movie for 16 year olds and UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parent of a 10-year-old Written byNatural_Light October 12, 2018

Marvel Horror

Don’t take preteens to this movie. It has horror scenes that should have pushed the rating to MA. The graphics and imagery is so vivid, which is impressive, but makes it totally unsuitable for younger viewers. There are a lot of “jump scares” and the sound effects and music add a darkness to the movie that isn’t usually seen in Marvel films. Marvel have a lot of rethinking to do.
Adult Written byTrueReviews1 October 4, 2018

Movie of the year!

Absolutely AMAZING! Best action, actors, humor and stunning CGI! A successful movie without the use of sexual scenes.

Parent of a 11-year-old Written byMarbelTwintler33 October 4, 2018

It’s not a bad movie!

I have an 9- year old son, and what I do with any movies like these is I go and watch them with my 11 year old son first. I have been a Marvel Comics fan since way Back, so I think I was fine letting him see it like any other spider man movie. But my 11 year old was fine. I didn't end up taking my 9 year old because he would usually copy all of the swearing/profanity and say them a lot, but other than That, a great movie for pre-teens and up! Great movie ALL MARVEL FANS must watch!

Adult Written bykalsang October 9, 2018

Great movie

I really liked this movie. I am not a huge fan of comic based movies. But I went to watch this because of tom hardy. He was funny and the movie was entertaining. I don't know why critics gave this movie bad reviews. It could be better in story line but overally its good and must watch.
Adult Written byJORGEVIALIZ October 8, 2018

Better the expected

Great graphics(CGI)
Adult Written byDess7558 October 7, 2018
Adult Written byArmy95 October 5, 2018

Amazing Anti- Hero action movie!

Adult Written byStevie111 October 4, 2018

Entertaining comic book adaptation is intense and dark

Venom is a great comic adaptation. I really like what they did with the character and the story. I thought the film was done well. The special effects are pretty good. I thought the characters were cast well, and overall I just enjoyed it. The film is pretty dark and violent despite the PG-13 rating. It didn't have a lot of blood, but there was a bit here and there. Characters are mostly tossed around and beaten, but a lot of them are not shown dead. That being said, some characters are still killed on screen. People are experimented on. A few people are slashed and stabbed. Guns are used, but not frequently. It definitely pushed the PG-13 as far as it could. There is a lot of language throughout, including an f-bomb. There is also a lot of drinking. I definitely recommend this movie. I think it is better suited for teens and up, but older kids that can handle strong violence may be okay.

Adult Written byJack258441 October 4, 2018

Everything I could have wanted

This movie is everything a venom fan could have want good ammount violence, humour and an amazing storyline for venom introduction movie. Be careful as some of the scenes may scare younger children and has very minimal blood.
Adult Written byMike999 May 31, 2020

Adult Written bymhood May 25, 2020

Venom

I watched this when it came out. It was a 15 but I was allowed to watch it and honestly, HOW WAS IT A 15. You could expect the content in a normal 12A film from Marvel. There is swearing and violence but nothing to make it a 15. I looked on IMDB and the apparent reason was the appearance of Venom could scare children. The appearance of Venom appears in the trailer which anyone could see so how does that make it a 15. Definently at most 13+ maybe as low as 11+
Adult Written byChris_Feher April 27, 2020

Not a Venom Fan, But Still Enjoyable

Venom is pretty good, especially if you are a Marvel fan. Personally, I don't love Venom, but I still enjoyed it. It has the right amount of violence, the plot is more similar than usual to the comics, and its also pretty funny. Another thing I really liked was how it was darker than usual. In my opinion, the biggest problem with Marvel movies are that they are too light and kid friendly. And what people, especially parents, do not understand, is that just because a movie, show, or comic book is about superheroes, does NOT mean its for kids. The same concept applies to Venom as well. He is an anti-hero, and is not by any means obligated to be a friendly neighborhood symbiote. I would recommend this movie for kids 13 and up due to its medium violence and language. Although for Marvel fans, this is a must watch.
Adult Written bytheshapetalks April 13, 2020

I don't think it should have another.

first of all, I expect better from Tom Hardy. And the screenplay was really bad. Sony is not a good choice to watch superhero movies. this movie s u c k s! do not watch it or else you will be singing venom in the shower.

Parent Written byAaron C. April 6, 2020

Violent Creature Anti-hero movie is a mess.

Venom is a movie that could have been so much better, but ends up being a mess. The CGI is not good, which ruins the experience. The movie too, is poorly made.

Adult Written byAmeliahall2 March 26, 2020

Amazing!

It was great! I'm seeing a lot of reviews with people concerned about the darkness of the movie. But... It's a movie about a parasite taking over a mans body. What did they expect? The storyline, images, and overall acting was amazing! 10/10 would recommend.
Parent of a 8-year-old Written byAkhil K. December 13, 2019

We...

ARE VENOM!!!

Adult Written byThehonest_review November 30, 2019

Recommended

I loved this movie , although it has its flaws (like most movies) and how most violent scenes were not graphic due to some children being horrified at the screen anddd a bit traumatised BUT despite flaws , in’s in out’s this is great .