All teen and kid member reviews for Veronica Mars

Teen, 17 years old Written byB-KMastah March 15, 2014

Pleasing for fans and newcomers.

I've never seen a single second of the TV show, so my decision to see this was solely based on the reviews. And thank God I did, because this is actually great. This is very inviting to first-time viewers, seamlessly blending great performances, fun screen chemistry, some self-referential humor, an intriguing (albeit sometimes a bit far-fetched) story, and thrills that are legitimately thrilling thrills. From a movie perspective, it starts off a bit rocky, but it finds its legs quick enough and makes you have fun regardless of your familiarity with the source material. Kristen Bell is such a pleasure to watch: she's funny, charming, and badass, and there are some randomly hilarious cameos. The direction is swift and judging from the shrieking from fans in the theater, this very much kept the spirit of the television series. (This was directed by the creator of the show.) I can now totally see why people love the show with a passion, and I would be totally open to watching it all, and I do hope that they make another movie. 8.1/10, great, above average, one thumb up, etc.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJflores14 March 22, 2014

Lots of potential, but lacks heart and cuss free dialogue

This interesting tv based drama picks up years after the tv show as veronica is starting her new "crime solving" free life. While the mysterious plot is quite thrilling and interesting there was lots of moderate profanity throughout and some sexual sequences. There were MANY USES OF: pr**k, bit*h, hell, damn, piss, crap, sh*t, effing, d**k, and even a single use of f**k off. Clips of an explicit sex tape is shown numerous times for laughs. Also veronica is quite sexually active and she is shown and suggested to be in bed with many men making out and in bed. A man also uses a woman for her "lady parts". Veronica and her father make many off color jokes about male organs(quite rude and shocking). Overall this film was mainly just a comic(while mainly rude) film about love, life, and a woman's true calling to solve crimes.
Teen, 16 years old Written byiPunk March 14, 2014

Hilarity and suspense makes an okay movie

There were a lot of one-liner jokes. Like there was one about Dick at his house when Veronica Mars showed up. He ate a brownie that had a narcotic in it. And he said, "It's for chronic Depression". I advocate for mental health and I (and other people) should know that alcohol and illegal drugs are NOT a good treatment for Depression. In fact, it can actually make it worse. So if you are an advocate for mental health, that joke may offend people. There are some shooting scenes, but I admire how smart and tough Veronica Mars is. Overall the movie was 3 stars.