All parent member reviews for Vertigo

Parent of a 14 year old Written byTsion July 22, 2009

Engaging and Brilliant!

This is a great movie! It is engaging, thoughtful, and features great acting, a great score, and brilliant direction on the part of Alfred Hitchcock. There are some mature thematic elements (deceit, murder, obsession, etc.) and some intense, disturbing images (a woman trying to commit suicide, a woman falling off a belltower, etc).
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008
Adult Written byUnknown Agent November 20, 2015

Great

Great movie. Contains some passionate kissing and some mild violence.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byguillaumetricot July 22, 2015

MASTERPIECE

This movie has an excellent and unpredictable storyline that is nowadays uncommon. Vertigo is pure Hitchcock, the end is extremely surprising. I recommend to watch this movie on a rainy sunday afternoon with your family. This movie shows no violence nor sex. Recomend it!
Adult Written bysarge123 January 24, 2015

Incredibly dark and disturbing, but a brilliant film.

The ending is one of the most shocking and disturbing I've ever seen. The film revolves around a man manipulating a women to pretend to be another woman whom he failed to keep alive. Themes of suicide, obsession and possible necrophilic undertones.
Adult Written byArkmabat January 18, 2014

I watched this with my family when I was in middle school...

Really interesting movie with an obvious dark overtone. Violence is the only real issue. That, and a character likes a woman who he doesn't know the marital status of.
Adult Written byfnrsgrl September 3, 2011

My favorite Hitchcock movie

Adult Written byshootingstar11 June 10, 2011

13+ Seems Ok.

I don't think the matter at hand with Vertigo is appropriateness, but rather how much your kids will be able to follow... the plot is a bit convoluted. A mature 13-year-old will be able to grasp it, albeit not the incredible, Hitchcockian Freudian undertones and subtleties, but the gist of the film itself.
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

HORRIBLE REFUND!

Do not see it dumb mystery great until the extra hour ending horrible film.