Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Vice

Irreverent, mature biopic about VP Dick Cheney.

Adult Written byharrisb1964 January 1, 2019

A good mind is a terrible thing to waste

All I can say is halfway through this movie I was wondering when it would be over. I would have no problem with my 12 year old seeing this movie, but to be honest there’s nothing of value in it, educational, etc. And my 12 year old would be bored to death. I sure was. The producer was Will Ferrell which should give you an idea of the quality of this movie. Don’t waste your time on this movie.

Adult Written byJim24 January 18, 2019
A very good film, but many will be turned off by the intense politics of it. The content boils down to real footage of terrorist victims, which can be hard to watch. There’s also a scene where a man breaks his leg, and one where a man is shot in the eye. There’s also quite a bit of language. But if you can get past that, this is a very enjoyable movie that’s worth looking into if you liked The Big Short.
Adult Written byWillis Knight January 28, 2019

I don't think kids will be that interested

The acting is good and makeup for Christian Bale (an actor I love) is great, but it is kind of slow moving and won't keep the interest of young children. It is kind of a one note showing how bad Dick Cheney is, so not as interesting as I expected. I thought there would be a character exploration, but it was one dimensional. Overall, not so interesting and don't think kids will be in to it.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byahmed aiman 99 February 3, 2019

An Enjoyable Mess!

Vice is an ostentatious, smug, heavy-handed and oversimplified intentional mess that's, nonetheless, highly entertaining, if not constantly engaging, movie littered with terrific performances from its star-studded cast. (6.5/10)