Kid reviews for Vice

Irreverent, mature biopic about VP Dick Cheney.

Kid, 11 years old December 21, 2018

Really good.

Kids my age - who are mature enough - could probably watch this movie. Not too much of everything.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctorWhovian January 6, 2019

Grimly hilarious, hard-hitting, disturbing, and unbelievably funny

Vice is one of the best films of 2018. Not only does it pull off being dark, dirty, and disturbing, but it blends it perfectly with knee-slappingly hilarious lines of dialogue. Christian Bale as Dick Cheney was spot-on; he wasn't Christian Bale anymore, he WAS Cheney. Everything from mannerisms and speech to appearance was identical to that of the man he was portraying. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about Sam Rockwell and Steve Carrell: both of these actors did a great job at entertaining the audience, but their performances exaggerated the characteristics of the people they were playing (Bush was an incompetent, complete and utter moron, while Rumsfeld was an immature buffoon) in a comically over-the-top manner. However, this was exactly what a movie like this needed: unrealistic but still hilarious characters to ground the (somewhat) serious role of Cheney. And damn, that final scene is depressing.

Teen, 17 years old Written byRodger_Bradley January 23, 2019

Read This Before Judging The Movie!

So I am 17, and I saw this movie with my mom and dad, and I have to say, this has been the best movie I have seen in a long time. First of all let me say that this movie is about POLITICS and about the VICE PRESIDENCY, if you do not like politics then stay away from this movie! The movie goes over Dick Cheney's life before he became the VP to George Bush, and with a cast like this you can't go wrong! There is constant language from everyone, yes, but you have to realize that this was a very tense period of time because our country was going through so much sh*t as well as the people that are shown in the movie. Let me just take a moment to say what is in the movie before I dive deeper into why this movie was so good. The language is constant such as the F word, Sh*t, Damn, Jesus, and a lot more. I would not take anyone under the age of 14 to this movie because of the language. The violence is minimal it shows someone getting electrocuted from his job and it does show terror attacks and it does show Cheney shoot someone with a shotgun (not much is shown). This movie was really good and Christian Bale did an amazing job with the role! Steve Carell did too, he was my favorite part he taught Cheney everything and without him, Cheney wouldn't be the most powerful and most shadiest VP in history! This movie went through so much stuff like how Cheney got kicked out of Yale for partying too much, how he became so powerful, even about 9/11! This movie goes over everything during Bush's presidency and more. There is one scene that was very graphic at the end which is when Cheney gets his heart transplant and it shows organs, blood, etc. One thing you should note is that the guy who donates the heart for Cheney is the narrator of the movie and he goes over everything in detail. This movie was overall a great movie and I am definitely watching this on DVD when it comes out haha.

Kid, 12 years old December 28, 2018

Appropriate for the correct audience.

this movie is perfectly fine, if you are looking for a historical look on Dick Chaney. There isn’t too much violence, but there are many moments where cuss words are used. In my opinion, viewer discretion is advised. There is one scene where a man and a woman are in the bed together, but nothing extreme, just right for children 12 and up. There is also a sort of long scene of surgery, but nothing too extreme. I may suggest looking away, though. Finally, in some moments where the movie seems quiet or calm, be prepared for a flash and some action. In a couple scenes of this movie, there is lots of drinking, but it stops after the beginning.

Kid, 12 years old December 27, 2018

Excellent for informed and politically minded teens

Vice is an intense movie which is about former Vice President Dick Cheney. It is a little bit confusing, but if you know anything about politics you should be fine. It is very interesting because it includes things that happened in the 1960s and earlier until now. There are not great role models since Cheney and accomplices are portrayed as corrupt dirtbags. There is a lot of violence and intense scenes but everything is shown in brief shots. I would recommend it to people 12 and up but to understand you need to have to be interested and informed about politics.
Kid, 12 years old December 27, 2018