A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about Violet & Daisy's violence. How did it affect you? What's the characters' attitude toward violence? How do you think the filmmakers expect you to react to the violence? How can you tell?
- The two lead characters are tough hired killers, which is the kind of role that usually goes to men. What's interesting and unique about having girls playing these characters? How do they compare with other movies and TV shows about tough girls?
Why are the girls so obsessed with Barbie Sunday? Does this fictitious star resemble anyone from real life? Have you ever coveted products from a certain star? Do you think the movie is trying to express a viewpoint about celebrity or consumerism?
- In theaters: June 7, 2013
- On DVD or streaming: November 19, 2013
- Cast: Alexis Bledel, James Gandolfini, Saoirse Ronan
- Director: Geoffrey Fletcher
- Studio: Cinedigm
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Run time: 88 minutes
- MPAA rating: R
- MPAA explanation: violence, disturbing behavior and language
- Last updated: March 13, 2020
Our editors recommend
For kids who love strong women
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.
Streaming options powered by JustWatch