Kid reviews for Volver

Penelope Cruz shines in mother-daughter tale.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 16 years old Written byRainbowDash590 March 28, 2020

Predatory & Uncomfortable

I started watching the film to engage my Spanish. I got about 15/20 minutes in and the father was being all creepy and predatory over his daughter. Watching her change and other uncomfortable scenes which made me turn it off. At 16 years I couldn’t bear the thought and left it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bygaelletricot July 17, 2019

An exceptional drama about the role of women in family

Volver is a must-see Almodovar drama about the heart and soul of women. The movie revolves around the bonds between women and the features strong, resilient female characters able to overcome whatever situations life hands them. These themes are more appealing to older teens and adults.
The movie is beautifully shot with vibrant colours which reflect the authenticity of Spanish culture.

Teen, 17 years old Written byhappinessisawarmgun June 18, 2011

Volver

This is an amazing tale of love, forgivness and family, however there are some themes in this film that a pre-teen would not be ready for. It is not too bad however, there is some breif nudity (the side of a breast), a very bloody scene (shows a dead body with lots of blood surrounding him), a rape theme (including pedophilia and incest), pot smoking, one use of the f-word and the film is very emotional and depressing. It is a great film, but be careful when showing it to children.

Teen, 15 years old Written byperson14 February 6, 2011

Great Spanish Film

Very mysterious ghost story , that is well acted and sometimes quite creepy. One scene involving a teen girl explaining to her mother that her father tried to rape her was a little discomforting but good overall. Also the father is murdered and stuffed in a ice chest