Kid reviews for Waitress

Indie tackles tough topics but is as sweet as pie.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Waitress

An awesome movie. It's sweet and funny, but also has some hilarious sarcastic humor added on to give it an edge. It reminded me a bit of Little Miss Sunshine, which is definitely a good thing.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybrowncoat4life April 9, 2008

GREATEST MOVIE IN YEARS!

I just saw "Waitress" this past weekend twice and both times i loved it! I love they plot and the whole story! Nathan Fillion is by-far one of the greatest actors of all time! I think "Waitress" will make him huge! GREAT MOVIE GUYS! Love Bailey
Teen, 15 years old Written byCyonnara December 14, 2010
Has a great story with an amazing cast. Adrienne Shelly did such a good job with the script and made a very smooth blend of comedy, romance and drama. This movie leaves you feeling warm and happy because the end is just sweet. What is also good about this film is that it isn't stupid or fluffy. It has mature subjects that people can actually relate to. Other than that is it as sweet as pie. ~~Loving Memory of Adrienne Shelly~~ for making such a fabulous movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySynchronicity April 9, 2008

It's as easy as pie to say this: Waitress is the best indie film of '07!

This film isn't a chick flick. It's not a comedy or a drama. It's not an action film or anything you'd look for in a movie. I have to say: Waitress is a very good film that makes you laugh, cry, and cheer for the waitress named Jenna as she goes through an abusive marriage. Only one problem: she's pregnant. This film has a lot of mature themes, including infidelity, adultery, pregnancy, domestic abuse, and affairs. There's an implied sex scene, a lot of language and scenes of domestic abuse. Also the protagonist has an affair with her obstetrician, and her friend has an affair with the owner of the pie shop they work at. Also, one of the girls has a 5-minute date with a guy that is basically a sex addict who talks about sex all the time. At first she hates him but then they get married. The ending is very good and sweet, with Jenna having her baby and telling her husband to "get the h*ll out of my life". This movie was as sweet as pie even though there was a lot of mature themes. I recommend this film to teens 13+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlinaW. July 15, 2010

Sweet and touching indie flick deals with some tough stuff in amazing ways!

This was an AMAZING movie . . . The plot was great, and even though it delt with a lot of tough subjects, and so many characters were unfaithful to their husbands and wives, it was a great movie with good role models, and the end messages were great. Jenna was an amazing, well thought out character, and the movie in general, especially her life had a great, fairy tale happy ending. I love how this movie related her love of pies to the emotions she was feeling and things she was doing. I'd rate this a four or five stars, and recommend families with older kids who love indie flicks to definetaly catch this one, but screen it first for kids and younger tweens, as some stuff may be considered inapproprite.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycheerblondie10 April 9, 2008

Boring

This movie is very boring! The plot was okay, but it was boring. It did explore very tough issues. The showing of the pies every other scene was weird.

THE WORST MOVIE IV SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!

i DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT THE MOVIE SUCKS!!! -lovcandy906