Kid reviews for Walkabout

Disturbing, arty survival film best for adults, older teens.

Based on 1 review

Kid, 10 years old June 20, 2015

A bit disturbing

The plot was interesting. My father and I were confused because it's a bit fuzzy, meaning you don't know what's happening sometimes. The movie is *graphic* and a bit disturbing, considering the images of rotten camels, things getting eaten by worms\flies. It's... photographic, that's why I like it so much. It stops and shows you *moving pictures*. I don't really know how to explain.
Violence: A man commits suicide (meh...). Bulls are shoot in a scene. Other animals getting killed.
Sex: None. Still, nudity is shown. A naked girl is shown soaking in a [beautiful] pond. She gets up and the genital area is shown, but it's covered in pubic hair. Women are seen bare-breasted. And a glimpse of a man's penis in the water (not really seen). Butts are [clears throat] metaphorically everywhere.
I would say a mature 12-year-old could see Walkabout. Although it is rated R, if he\she is okay with nudity and disturbing images, it's okay.
It's fun to see this movie with Tracks, another Australian desert crossing movie that's also okay for 12 year olds (and maybe 10 year olds.
Yours, Chincerinchee

Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2013

Bad

Strong nudity, strong language, strong violence, strong sex, strong gore, strong drugs.