Parent reviews for War and Peace

War and Peace Poster Image

What You Should Skip

Alrighty! I do recommend this show if you love classics, romances, and of course history. The very first episode probably is the dirtiest episode. But these sex scenes can be easily skipped! They don't last too long usually about a minute or two. In the first episode Helene is a major floozy, she sleeps with pretty much most of the guys in this show. Skip all her scenes and you'll save yourself a LOT of trouble- unless she's in a public setting, then it's not necessary. She is naturally disgusting and her only existence is to bring misery to pretty much everyone she encounters with and she spends most of the time without clothes than with clothes on. Besides that! Her brother is also preettyyy nasty (I kinda got him confused with Andrei in the first episode lol They do look alike!). He seduces Lily James's character in the 3rd episode and you can totally see it coming. You can ffeeeeell the yuckness . In the 2nd episode you see a prostitute scene with the soldiers, this scene does last for a hot minute. In the 5th episode, right after Andrei comes home, the next scene shows a bunch of soldiers taking a bath in a lake.... for some reason. Yeah. They show every body part. Fantastic. There is a bunch of drinking, some smoking, and the floozy takes a "drug". There are no terrible swear words being used! Not one F-word! This is called "War" and Peace. So if you get squeamish with blood and ripped up body parts, don't watch. A man's leg gets sawed off and all sorts of people get sliced and diced. Overall, I enjoyed this show because of every character's development. (Plus I'm a big fan of Jack Lowden and Aneurin Bernard hehe this character didn't give Bernard any flavor though..) I was super impressed with Pierre's character and judgment. His character was pretty much the only thing keeping me to this story besides Lily's character. Will I watch this show again??.... maybe one day in the far future?

Fairly Disappointing

I had high hopes for this, but it certainly hasn't lived up to my expectations. Every character I found irritating and/ or generic, which makes for me not being fond of the show. The naievity of some of the characters was awful. For a show at 9 PM, there was an awful lot of nudity and sex. Overall this was disappointing, and I doubt it can improve a whole lot in the last episode.

Tom Harper is not good at shoot war scenery

The TV series broadcast on BBC ONE this year is really an attractive television serial .I think thats because of the great novel story by Leo Tolstoy.Here I want to say that the director,Tom Harper,is not good at shoot war scene in my opinion.Of course the scenery is significant,yeah you have money and first class technique , but I ever feel the heroic spirit and squeal against in the army,not in the Russian ,also not in the Napoleon army. At last ,we know the result directly from a 30 seconds talk .That is too simple ,I didnot satisfyied with that.It could be more exciting part of the film.Im very disappointed for that.The series I love ,waiting one week for every episode,shooted so simple,I am disappointed.The war scenery must be shooted electrifying,and it must have more details of sodiers heroic action,and general`s tense face(on the contrary they look like idler in that film).Even I have the poor ability of English expression. I must to say that.