All parent member reviews for We're the Millers

Parent Written byPenelopeQ5648 August 8, 2013

We Are the Millers - INSTANT CLASSIC

While there are brief references of sex, drugs, violence, and language. THis movie is fine for mature teens going into high school. It is an instant classic and has thousands of quotable references for the next day. I personally loved it and hope to see it again. This movie is a wonderful comedy that had the whole theater laughing. I hoped this helped make your decision. BEST MOVIE EVER
Parent of an infant, infant, infant, 10, 10, and 18 year old Written byParentofwisdom August 25, 2013

NO KID SHOULD WATCH THIS

I saw this with my husband, really good. but we would NEVER bring our 10 year olds to see this. this is for 18 up. i saw a 7 year old in the theater closing his eyes! why the heck is a kid watching this! there are swear words including several uses of f**k d**k c**p d*m a** a***ole! and they show the 14 year old's penis after he go bit my the tarantula!
Parent of a 1, 4, and 7 year old Written byGambleFam November 1, 2013

Terrible Movie!

This movie did have a few funny parts but was totally not worth the laugh. Was vulgar and grotesque throughout. Save yourself the hour and thirty minutes. Not worth it, at all!
Parent of a 16 year old Written byMauiman August 9, 2013

Lots of laughs but not for kids.

Funny ADULT show.
Parent Written bymomfourbgbg September 2, 2013

not for kids under 18

Not for kids under 18
Adult Written byJames Hopkins December 18, 2014

Adult Written byBestPicture1996 March 10, 2014

No real message here!

I mean, you could say that the theme of anyone can become a family is in this movie, but if you're looking for themes in "We're the Millers," you might be over analyzing. Listen, there's nothing terribly original about this premise, but I sure did get quite a few laughs in, and even when the jokes didn't land you could tell the cast, especially Sudekis and Poulter, a real breakout here with the spider and kissing scenes gave it there all considering the pop culture referencing material. It's hardly a bad way to spend 2 hours, just go into it expecting a fairly raunchy adult comedy!
Parent Written bysuenoko January 6, 2014

Could have been much better with good writing.

My 7 and 9 yr old granddaughters watched it at home with me.The humour was cheap ,not very creative and certainly not intelligent witt.Did they really have to have the cop stop and say "suck my d" a dozen times? Did they have to say F* every 2 seconds? When the boy was bit by the spider did they have to show his privates?The movie could have been so much better than giving the appearance of being thrown together by adolescent guys.
Parent Written bysmackfam September 2, 2013

A funny, funny movie!

This is the funniest movie I think I've ever seen! We were laughing so much that we know we missed some of the dialog. Defiantly a movie to watch over and over to catch everything that is said.
Parent Written bymovienellie August 29, 2013

Parents PLEASE stop bringing your young children to R-rated movies and ruining them for the rest of us!

Funny, entertaining, but for older teens and adults only. I couldn't enjoy it because all I kept thinking about was the 6 yr old behind us with his 10 and 12 year old siblings. I wondered what was he thinking while watching two mommies making out? How was he processing the lap dance, the strip tease...? And most importantly, What were his parents thinking bringing him (and his sibs) to a VERY R-rated movie?!? How depressing!
Parent of a 14 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... August 9, 2013

Very funny movie well don. 5 stars i give it.

Wow my mom and i have seen this and we laughed so much. it's just a funny feel good movie of course a comedy duh! there is bad language and a scene where the teen boy gets bit by the spider and you see his private area and like i said bad language and drug use but duh! that's what the movie is about. it's about a man pretending to have a family that isn't really his family in order to get drugs. Jennifer still has a rocking body in the movie so she looks good for her age . the guy who plays the drug dealer i think he did a good job and as for the two teenagers they played the parts really well. this is a funny movie but if you have kids make sure they don't see this movie alone go with them to see the movie.
Adult Written byAio August 9, 2013

good and funny movie

it was really funny movie, i went with my 13th y.o. daughter and she was fine telling me that movie was fun. sure it did not bring any positive message or shows any role modeling or teaching you any moral but as for fun the movie was very good and i did not regret that I watched it. much better than "grown up 2"