Kid reviews for What About Bob?

Appealingly silly romp for kids and adults.

Wondering if What About Bob? is OK for your kids?

Teen, 13 years old Written byHandelion October 12, 2020

Great Movie but Iffy Portrayal of Mental Illness

This is an awesome choice for family movie nights, birthday parties, and other fun occasions, but the portrayal of mental illness is off. If your child is mature for their age and open to discussion, I would say to go ahead with this movie. After watching, it could be necessary to have a talk about Tourette’s Syndrome, germaphobia, and agoraphobia. The representation of these things in the film can be misleading for small children, and could lead to bullying and not excepting other children with these conditions.

Kid, 9 years old September 16, 2020

Great movie very funny

I think it is a great movie it is very funny and it has a few bad words so I would preview before letting your younger children watching it.

Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2020

Ok just curse

I give it an 8 + age because of the cursing. It is particularly annoying when Bob goes in a stream of swears at the doctor including son of a b****, d**khead, b**tard but kids need to realize that cursing is part of real life. To parents, if you are watching this with kids. Any time Bob mentions tourettes skip ahead about a minute if you don't want your kids to hear explicit language. Overall, great movie!

Kid, 10 years old June 20, 2020

GOOD MOVIE

What About Bob is a hilarious movie, but it is a very dated in its portrayal of people with mental health issues. In the end it shows Bob was just pretty lonely but that is not the case with a lot of people who have mental health issues. But Bob is an amazing character because of of how he connects and has relationships with other people. The therapist is driven crazy by Bob and parents should be ready to discuss what is going on because he does some violent things. Overall this is a really good movie.
Kid, 8 years old May 15, 2020

Literally the BEST comedy ever!!!!!!!!!

Ok parents you must listen. This film may be to funny for young children. Just kidding but it sooooo funny! The only thing is a little bit crude and language. But nowadays kids know everything inappropriate so that’s probably nothing! I REALLY recommend to almost all ages! Some younger kids won’t laugh as much and may not understand it but probably a mature 6 yr old will laugh their but off! And parents pls don’t skip this! It’s very kid friendly! I know this review MIGHT have wasted your time.....but your wrong! Show your.....6 yr old this(must be mature). And not basing off maturity level 9yr old. The only reason I put 10+ was because as I said in the beginning some younger kids may not understand and some won’t laugh. But you just need to know what your kid likes and understands. PLS watch!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byCici25DaBest April 18, 2019

Great mature comedy for teens ages 14+

great comedy, with a good amount of language, suggestive jokes, and bad messages and violence from Leo when he goes crazy, but also contains good messages too like to be nice to people! Great comedy for teenagers ages 14+!

Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnybob44 January 8, 2019

Bob is a Phcyco!

Bob is a very phcyco man who needs help. dr. Marvin helps him but when he goes on vacation, Bob follows him and things get out of hand. He claims that if he pretends to have ttyretts syndrome then that means that he doesn't have it.

Kid, 12 years old June 1, 2018

Family Friendly!

Great for the entire family! A bit of language such as bitch, dick, hell, and douche but that's it. The language is used to make fun of torrete syndrome. Funny for everybody!

Written byAnonymous October 30, 2017

i LOVE this movie!

this movie is GREAT!!!!
Kid, 9 years old July 4, 2016

Some funny scenes, not much language

What about Bob only uses Son of a Bitch about 3 times and Bastard 1 time, along with I think Hell once or twice. Bob does say that he committed suicide and he does bother a psychiatrist named Dr. Marvin on hi vacation, and Dr. Marvin`s house for vacation sets on fire.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWebkinzEvelyn June 21, 2014

Great film!

I started watching this film at the age of 4 or 5 you won't understand the movie then so it won't matter. I didn't even get creaped out at movies like Watership Down it wasn't scary at all to me when I was little lol this isn't bad either.

Kid, 10 years old June 1, 2014

you should see this movie

this movie is perfect for a 11 yr old. I've seen this movie. it has some bad language in it, but i'ts still perfect

Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2013

Bill Murray is a SCIENTIST

Bill Murray is awesome. He's hilarious. And he stars in this funny and "therapeutic" movie. The violence is all for laughs, and the language is so creative. I would say anyone 8 and older will love this movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJohn Candy Fan 9009 November 24, 2012

"New Hampshire?"

This is one of my favorite movies! Bob is a very worrisome, yet lovable character. I would rate this movie for thirteen and up. Only because of the profanity they use when Bob randomly shouts. I mean, it was funny, but I dont think ten year olds should hear it.

At one point DR.Marvin tries to kill Bob, for Bob is driving him nuts! But, this is done in a "loony toons" way. But it may scare little kids, for they will not get the humor.

But overall this is a very funny movie! I would defiantly recommend this for family night!

Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2011

What About Bob 101

What About Bob was a hilarious movie! There were several scenes where language was blurted out. ( if these scenes were fast-forwarded, 7+ ) One of my favorite family movies!

Kid, 10 years old April 21, 2011

perfect for ages 10 and up

So hilarious! my mom brought it home for us to watch and it was so funny!

Teen, 17 years old Written byjohnthemon February 25, 2011

Amazingly hilarious, truly underrated.

Amazingly funny movie, loved it so much when I was younger, still think it's hilarious today. If you're especially prudish about language I guess that could be a concern, since he pretends to have tourettes.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEricCarrRulez February 20, 2011
Hysterical! One of the best!
Kid, 11 years old July 31, 2010
LOVED IT ! My fav. movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written byaidanqm1996 August 22, 2009

Language... again.... *sigh*

Why do they have to add language?!