All parent member reviews for What's Up, Doc?

Adult Written byWhatdoIthink? April 9, 2008

Well this movie is kinda boring, but not awful, if you want to see Barbara Streisand @ her best, see For Pete's Sake.
Adult Written byrufusmom April 9, 2008

a laugh a minute

This is one of my (and my kids) favorite movies. Some friends of ours got upset with the 2 or 3 episodes where there was alcohol served (champagne), and God's name was used flippantly a few times. Other than that, and a kiss between the two main characters at the end of the movie, this is one of the best movies ever made!
Adult Written bymoviemadness February 10, 2009

Great Family Film

My sisters and I used to watch this almost every weekend when we were children. The story is funny, slightly predictable, and full of hilarious situations. There is no real sexuality, except for a makeout scene behind a piano and a little innuendo that will go over younger kids' heads. The violence is also minor, but there is shooting (no one is hurt) and some chase scenes that end up severely damaing other people's property. Bottom line: it's a great film, but not for kids under eight.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byChicagoan December 7, 2009

Enjoyable by everyone

A funny, silly movie that we've enjoyed watching several times. I first saw it as a young adult, and I was afraid that it would be dated and boring for my teenager, and was gratified that she also found it hilarious. I'm not sure that it would engage the interest of really young kids.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byWWR April 30, 2010

Lots of fun

This movie is lots of fun and will have you laughing. There are some great characters in the film. My kids, 10 and 12, both enjoyed it and did us adults.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bycrankylibrarian January 3, 2014

Great screwball humor, with some dated sexual politics

Great screwball humor, with some dated sexual politics. See if your kids can keep straight who's got which suitcase, and watch for the marvelous chase scene down San Francisco's Lombard street. Concerns: Madeline Kahn's character is constantly mocked for her appearance and shrewishness, and there is a distasteful rape joke near the end.