Parent reviews for When a Stranger Calls (2006)

When a Stranger Calls (2006) Poster Image

Perfect NO GORE /NO SEX first thriller for tweens

Rated high not because of story, but because no gore, just two dead bodies at the end. No foul language. No sex whatsoever, not even kissing. No references to non biblical lifestyles. The babysitter wears a short skirt to school-her friend talks about “drinking” which the babysitter sets good boundaries on…. that’s it! My kid wanted a scary movie- When a Stranger Calls is one of the few clean ones out there. The other I’d suggest is The Lady In The Water (which carries positive messages).

some scares but thats all

my 9 and 11 year old watched this it made them jump a little but they were both fine.

Not bad.

It was alright I will watch it again.

TV-PG

This movie was fairly good. The languge includes a couple s words a use of the b word. The violence includes Chase scenes, babysitter and kids in peril, hand to hand combat. The sexual situations included mentions of boyfriend and cheating. My rating PG-13 for mild violence and some language

It was okay

It wasn’t great but watch it about 3 times in your life.

It was okay

It wasn’t great but watch it about 3 times in your life.

Just creepy, 12+

SUSPENSEFUL BUT POINTLESS AND POOR ARGUMENT

I was scared as I watched the movie because there are some suspenseful scenes but appart from that the argument is poor and unoriginal.

Pretty lame...

I think this "horror" movie is more targeted towards tweens/teens. The whole concept is okay but the actual story is pretty lame. The first half is incredibly boring, with the main girl (babysitter) answering the phone every 5 minutes with nobody on the other end. This continues until finally, the last 20 minutes when the killer finally decides to show up and you get a little *un-scary* action, you also get to finally see the kids she was babysitting. The babysitter makes dumb choices throughout and it's actually kind of laughable, especially if you like horror/thrillers and are over the age of 14. This is fine for kids 11 and up who will probably find it interesting and will be sure to put a scare into them.

not rated for age

One hell of a scary PG-13 movie!

Okay. This movie is rated PG-13 although it is much scarier than some R rated horror movies. It is mainly scary because this could happen to anyone in any house, and the fact that the movie is not filled with guns and just sheer terror makes this one hell of a roller coaster. The scariness could be maybe 9/10. The violence is quite gross but nothing really bad, just a man gets his hand pinned to the floor by a fireplace poker (shown 100%) and Jills hair gets pulled (maybe a quarter of her hair) and is ripped off her head. The sex is nothing (many nude paintings and statues but non-explicit)and the langauge is extremely mild. Scariness 9/10 Violence 3/10 Nudity/Sex 2/10 Language 2/10 Total 16/40 Rounded 4/10