Parent reviews for When a Stranger Calls (2006)

Pointless remake brings nothing new to the story.

Adult Written bydvdgirl March 3, 2020

Not bad.

It was alright I will watch it again.
Parent of a 10-year-old Written byBinge W. June 23, 2018

TV-PG

This movie was fairly good. The languge includes a couple s words a use of the b word. The violence includes Chase scenes, babysitter and kids in peril, hand to hand combat. The sexual situations included mentions of boyfriend and cheating. My rating PG-13 for mild violence and some language

Parent of a 9-year-old Written byray b. February 19, 2018

It was okay

It wasn’t great but watch it about 3 times in your life.

Parent of a 9-year-old Written byray b. February 19, 2018

It was okay

It wasn’t great but watch it about 3 times in your life.

Adult Written byJk12345 June 15, 2017
Just creepy, 12+

Parent Written byGaelle Tricot July 23, 2015

SUSPENSEFUL BUT POINTLESS AND POOR ARGUMENT

I was scared as I watched the movie because there are some suspenseful scenes but appart from that the argument is poor and unoriginal.
Adult Written bywonder dove November 3, 2012

Pretty lame...

I think this "horror" movie is more targeted towards tweens/teens. The whole concept is okay but the actual story is pretty lame. The first half is incredibly boring, with the main girl (babysitter) answering the phone every 5 minutes with nobody on the other end. This continues until finally, the last 20 minutes when the killer finally decides to show up and you get a little *un-scary* action, you also get to finally see the kids she was babysitting. The babysitter makes dumb choices throughout and it's actually kind of laughable, especially if you like horror/thrillers and are over the age of 14. This is fine for kids 11 and up who will probably find it interesting and will be sure to put a scare into them.

Adult Written bya_rayment April 9, 2008

One hell of a scary PG-13 movie!

Okay. This movie is rated PG-13 although it is much scarier than some R rated horror movies. It is mainly scary because this could happen to anyone in any house, and the fact that the movie is not filled with guns and just sheer terror makes this one hell of a roller coaster. The scariness could be maybe 9/10. The violence is quite gross but nothing really bad, just a man gets his hand pinned to the floor by a fireplace poker (shown 100%) and Jills hair gets pulled (maybe a quarter of her hair) and is ripped off her head. The sex is nothing (many nude paintings and statues but non-explicit)and the langauge is extremely mild.
Scariness 9/10
Violence 3/10
Nudity/Sex 2/10
Language 2/10
Total 16/40
Rounded 4/10
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

A terrifying PG-13 movie! But nothing bad,,,terrific!

When a stranger calls was a supposedly not scary movie, seeing as it only had a PG-13 rating. But this was one heck of a scary movie for a PG-13. I took my 12 year old and she loved it, but was terrified to go into her room for a few days. Violence is the only concern because a teenager stabs a man with a fireplace stick and we hear a crunch. But everything else is a PG movie material.
Adult Written byundiscovered_singer April 9, 2008

ONE OF MY FAVES!

This movie was not your typical horror. It was a jump-out-of-the-shadows, dead-sleepylike-bodies-in-a-corner, heart-stops-due-to-suddenness horror. I love that! The Sixth Sense came first, and now this. I cant wait to see the original with Carol Kane!
Adult Written bysoccer girl7 April 9, 2008

I liked it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie was very entertaining, though I wish it would have been a tad longer. The plot was great, I loved the actors. But I must admit this movie was nothing up 2 my expectations I thought it would have bee way scarier, I didn't jump once and when it was over I was not scared at all and went 2 bed w/ no nightmares: nothing. I normally don't get scared buy these types of movies like;Hide and Seek, Pyscho, Signs and other scary movies so that may be y, but 2 me this was not scary. but I don't no it may be just cuz I don't get scared.
Adult Written bysandsharks April 9, 2008