Kid reviews for When a Stranger Calls (2006)

Pointless remake brings nothing new to the story.

Teen, 15 years old Written byIamJasmine September 16, 2020

Not that scary...

So, the title seems kind of spooking so that's why i wanted to watch the movie. But when I watched it I didn't even get jumped scared not even once and i love horror movies. There isn't really any cussing neither any sexual content just some violence which is a girl getting almost half of her hair ripped off because it was stuck between a closed door. Overall I would say this movie wasn't the greatest.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviemaniac. July 21, 2020

best horror movie

This movie has absolutely no sexual content, great movie, just a little bit of violence and some scary scenes. totally recommended.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMrAnonymous July 3, 2020

Nice movie but a bit scary for young kids

Genre(s): Mystery thriller

Strong threat, moderate/strong violence and moderate bad language

Teen, 14 years old Written bymurdermystery April 11, 2020

Quite Suspenseful

WHEN A STRANGER CALLS is a thriller that contain infrequent coarse language and suspense. Parents should know about the moderate violence.

Teen, 15 years old Written byHockstetter27 August 26, 2018

Good movie for younger horror fans!

I really enjoyed this movie! It was suspenseful and had that classic campy horror feel. My only complaint is that they revealed the guy’s face at the end.
Kid, 9 years old March 4, 2018

When a Stranger Calls movie review

It’s okay End is the scariest part but not very good. And a
teen drinks wine.

Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2017

The most thrilling movie I've seen

I am a 10 year old boy who loves horror movies and I seen this movie with my cousins and my sister. we thought this movie was great and terrifying. Sex/Nudity (1/10) the girls friend mentions having an affair. Violence (7/10) there is dead body's. the killers hand gets stabbed by the babysitter. Language (5/10) there is a couple of A55holes and some sh*ts. I recommend this movie for 14 year olds and up due to language and terror and suspense.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCool guy reviewd July 29, 2016

Creepy great movie

Common sense media said 16 I disagree I think 7 is a good age to watch this
The killing is not shown this movie is not very graphic. I think today's 7 year olds will love this thrilling movie it will creep them out but that's the point by the time you are age 7 I think you can handle it
Teen, 13 years old Written bylolz123 December 17, 2013

it is good

i think that the film is for teens and up because younger children need to find out aout murders firs and that it could happen it was soo scary I jumped about 3 times but it was amazing

Teen, 13 years old Written byKyle1414 July 24, 2013

A good starter movie for someone who wants to become a horror fan!

Very intense and freaky, especially because the plot could actually happen!

Teen, 15 years old Written byConor Coyle May 24, 2013

Nice Thriller!

I enjoyed it, though half the movie was Jill exploring the house and answering the phone to the stranger and that was quite, tiring. The camera tricks and the scary shadows I have to say were really to make you jump in surprise. And it's exciting how we don't see what the stranger looks like till the end, like Jaws, we don't see the shark attacking the girl skinny dipping and the boy on the inflatable raft to make it more exciting. So I liked this and I would watch it again 'cause I have it on my PSP so I can basically watch it whenever and wherever. I would watch the trailer, read non-spoiler reviews and a few clips before deciding to watch the whole, or you can ignore those options and go right ahead. I don't mind, really! Take a look, you might enjoy it! F.Y.I I find Camilla Belle hot!!!

Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2013

Not even scary

I've seen this at my grandma's house when I was five and my brother was 3. Not even scary a single bit. Just about a guy who keeps calling some girl
Teen, 13 years old Written byJenn Ev February 13, 2013

Eh.

The tension just kills you, but nothing really happens. You'd only hear the screams of the murder of the beginning, nothing else. Then, Jill (the main character) gets weird phone calls for most of the movie. It shows her friend being attacked, but the scene cuts off just in time so we don't see any blood or anything. At the end, Jill tries to fend off the killer, but niether of them die. With parental supervision, this movie isn't for young (and mature) pre-teens and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 January 14, 2012

Safety first,kiddos!

First off,I thought my brother would be scared by this bcuz he freaked out watching the remake.we saw with my dad in the basement and he was laughing throughout.i gotta still remark that this is pretty disturbing due to reality and fact that it could happen to anybody.its just an urban legend and folk tale,but I wonder what you kids would do if some guy just rings your mum in the middle of the night and she traces the call to be inside the house.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBieberFreakinFever December 21, 2011

Great Horror Tale

This movie is great! it's a great sppoky horror tale without gore that keeps you at the edge of your seat every second you watch! Due to some violence, terror, thrill ,and suspense with some language but no gory or bloody scenes i would recomend this to everyone ages 13 and up!

Teen, 14 years old Written byGrace Chung August 5, 2011

Great Movie for Horror Movie Lovers!

It was a good movie! Although, the stranger that tries to kill her is never known about. He appears in the movie and we don't even know who he is or how he got in the house or why he's trying to kill her. Other than that, there is a lot of suspense and it's a very nice movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written bygamer161 July 27, 2011

when a stranger calls dont listen to the critics!

i liked the movie there is language and violence but nothing too bad at all a great movie for kids 11+ loved it.

Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 March 12, 2011

Excellent!

Great movie and my first horror movie! It was very suspenseful and made you jump. I got scared!
The dead bodies would easily give younger kids nightmares.
This horror movie is not a fantasy or supernatural movie. It really gets under your skin that its possible anywhere.
Barely any violence other than at the end.
Great movie, not for younger kids!
Teen, 13 years old Written byiamjustinbieber... February 26, 2011

suspensful movie keeps you at the edge of your seat.....

This movie was awsome. IT was awsome. But not so good for younger kids (10 and under) do to vilonce and language.

PS: @ imommy2 LOVE YOUR JB PICTURE:)

Kid, 12 years old December 10, 2010

Great Movie!!

Although there are some not so great moments overall I love this movie!!! The first time I seen it was at my friends house. Now we watch it every time I go to her house.