Parent reviews for Where Hands Touch

Where Hands Touch Poster Image

Touching Movie storyline and great acting. I always had to pause the movie to react because wow it was a great movie.Very educational and a glimpse into the past.

1 person found this helpful.

Wasn't what I was expecting

At first I didn't want to watch it because of the controversy, but it was actually a very good movie and it pictures what it was like for a black girl in Germany at the time on WWII (aside from falling in love with a nazi).
1 person found this helpful.

Some historical knowledge is required to fully understand it

All the controversy about this movie could have been avoided if people read a History book: Hitler Youth was mandatory for all children. The concept was interesting but the execution failed, especially in the third act of the film: it could have been better and the ending feels rushed. The romance between Leyna (Amandla Stenberg) and Lutz (George MacKay) is not the main point of the film, although it’s certainly a huge plot. The movie is mostly about a biracial girl living in Nazi Germany and sees her identify as a German being stripped away because of her African father. This film is not for kids because there is violence (humiliation, racial slurs, a man is shot in the streets, descriptions of concentration camps) and a sex scene.