Kid reviews for Where Hands Touch

Where Hands Touch Poster Image

Far better than expected!

I was a bit skeptical of this movie based on the title but I’m soo glad i watched it. It made me absolutely bawl, and is hands down one of my favourite movies. The acting is incredible and it portrays so many beautiful and tragic messages. There was one sex scene, which I skipped over, and there were also some breasts and buttocks shown in a non-sexual way at a concentration camp. A man was made to drop his pants for the Germans and show he is circumcised, but the audience doesn’t see anything graphic. As for violence, there were only a few scenes of people getting shot which is more sad than graphic in my opinion. I think you should definitely watch this movie, though it is probably best for teens and older. Absolutely love it

I watched this recently because I was looking to watch a romance movie. It is mostly a romance story, but it has some other parts to it too. In the end, it really seemed like it was about parent/child relationships/love. There are a couple scenes with kissing and one of them also includes a little bit of intercourse but only shows from the waist up. There is female nudity from the back and some parts of their front can be seen sometimes in the scene where they are in the washroom at the camp. This movie is set during World War II in Nazi controlled areas. So there is lots of rudeness and taunting from the Nazis. One bit of this taunting includes forcing a man to pull down his pants in the middle of the street and then they shoot him (this is from a distance so his body parts are not shown). There are also a few racial slurs/derogatory language used. Lots of times people are shot (and killed). If you have talked about the Holocaust in your family or have learned about it in general before watching this movie it should be fine. In my opinion, the acting was really good. It did a good job of transporting you to that time and that situation, and showed how complex and divided peoples emotions were.

Haunting Look At Race in Nazi Germany

I thought this movie was a really haunting look at how African Americans lived in Nazi Germany. The story mainly focuses on Leyna, a biracial German girl during the Holocaust. A lot of the story has to do with her relationship with her mother and younger brother, but she also falls in love with a Nazi boy. The movie shows a lot of disturbing images from concentration camps, including someone being shot by a family member, that younger kids might not be able to handle.

Really good

Amazing Holocaust movie, great for teens

This was an amazing movie about the holocaust and the hardships of a black girl living in Germany during that time. My family watched the movie and my 12 year old sibling couldn't really handle it. A man gets humiliated in the street and then gets shot. Many people die in the movie and a mother gets separated from her children. There is a beautiful love story in the movie though and I loved it but it was an emotional rollercoaster for my sibling. I recommend this movie for families with teens.