Parent reviews for While You Were Sleeping

While You Were Sleeping Poster Image

Good movie, not much cussing

This is a great movie for older teenagers. There are a few scenes where I skipped because it was uncomfortable to watch and inappropriate, but otherwise it’s a cute movie. There’s only a little bit of cussing, not like most movies out there now!

Perfect Wholesome Date Night Romance Movie

Love this movie because everyone is dressed so modestly. It also has a good storyline. Recommend for married couples wanting a romantic date night movie without all the blah.

Great comedy

This was a very funny comedy

Sweet and funny

This was perfect for a girls-night-out with my 13 year old daughter. It was a great balance of humor and romance without being cheesy or sappy. Lucy is competent and capable and just gets in a little bit deep with a misunderstanding. She isn't a princess will needs rescuing, just a young woman looking for more familial connection.

Love this movie!

This is one of my favorite movies! My daughter and I watch this almost every time we have a movie night. It is a total romantic comedy, and Sandra Bullock is great as Lucy. In the end, it also has a good message.

Great - but be ready for a question or two about how pregnancy occurs if you haven't explained it yet.

I LOVE this movie and was excited to share it with my girls (6 & 9). However, it had been a while since I had seen it and I ultimately winced at the scne with the comical misunderstanding over whether or not Sandra Bullock's character was pregnant and was getting married as a result (she wasn't). Parents should be aware "T H E" question might be coming after small kids view the movie.

Ugh! What an absolutely awful, insipid film! You'd have to be braindead to believe this dumb plot. We're supposed to believe that Sandar Bullock can't get a date? Or that the family is stupid as to believe her lies? Or, that the guy would go along with the ruse and marry her even though he doesn't remember her? Or, that they wouldn't immediately call the police to arrest this obviously deranged stalker when they finally learn the truth? No one with an IQ above the level of moron should watch this movie. The amnesia episode of Gilligan's Island is more intelligent that this sentimental dreck!
WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING does one thing: highlights the sex appeal of the two stars, Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman, by giving them numerous times to melt in each others arms and stare smoldering into each other's eyes. The story is ridiculous: Bullock saves her dream man from a mugging, pretends to be his fiance while he's in a coma, and then falls head over heels for his brother. However, Bullock pulls it off. She is really the only great thing about this film, which is otherwise full of holes. In the end, you are completely moved by Bullock's tearful scene at the movie's climax. There is little objectionable material. There is a running joke about a man who has only one testicle. Brief mention is made of a sexual relationship, and there are a few "d**n"s and one "b****rd".

Definitely not appropriate for under 12 !

I really like this movie myself, but more conservative parents might object to the language and innuendo. One character lies to others that he's having a sexual relationship with another character. One character is cheating on her husband who IS THERE and knows about it and wants her back. This same cheating wife calls another character a "one-balled bast**d". When the main character states that she and her alleged-fiance are waiting until they're married to have a sexual relationship, her best friend looks at her like she's crazy!