Parent and Kid Reviews on

Why Him? Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 13 parent reviews

Sort by:

premarital sex and awful ending

it's hard to say what i hate about this movie without spoiling the ending. I was actually enjoying it until the ending. All I can say is that if the genders were reversed, it would be quite obvious to everyone why it is awful. I will spoil it 2 paragraphs down. There is a fairly graphic scene of the father overhearing his daughter and her boyfriend having sex. A bit uncomfortable to watch with other people. Spoiler - in the end, the boyfriend proposes. The daughter rejects him. But she says she still wants to go out with him, just not marry him. They've been dating for years. I hope the boyfriend got the strength to leave her and find someone who actually wanted to be married to him. But the movie made it seem like it's perfectly fine to string someone along like that. Horrible ending.

Bad language

too much F's but has a good plot

Vulger

Constant vulgarity, horrible language, inappropriate behaviors. Turned off the movie very early disgusted.

Loved it!

Best movie ever, however there was a lot of cursing.

Awesome Movie

this movie will make you laugh so hard

inappropriate for kids!

the movie overall was funny at times but had a hard time with the young brother playing in such an age onappropriate movie. I have a hard time understanding how anyone could be proud of a young actor playing in this movie. Total parental failure. this is what is wrong with our kids. They are exposed to way too much! This movie is by far an ADULT ONLY movie. I thought it showed disrespect to the girlfriends parents throughout and glorified it to the end.

too many "F's" and I could only handle 10 minutes!!! I wouldn't recommend this for even 18+. Such stupidness. I really hate "R" movies for the language and sometimes silliness.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR YOUNGSTERS TO SEE THIS OR RENT THIS PIECE OF CRAP! WHY CAN'T HOLLYWOOD COME OUT WITH MORE MOVIES LIKE "LION", "HIDDEN FIGURES", OR "GIFTED" . GONE ARE THE DAYS OF REALLY WHOLESOME MOVIES LIKE "SINGING IN THE RAIN" OR "SOUND OF MUSIC"!!

Funny

Violence 2/5 slapstick humor. Sex 3/5 sex statues, sex jokes, implied sex scene, sexual terms. Language 4/5 f bombs, s words, a words, and more. Drugs 3.5/5 the mom got high on marijuana and drinking at a part is seen

Hilarious!

Its funny and it has a lot of funny jokes a bunch of adult jokes but 10 year olds can handel that even they will laugh dont judge a movie by its rating but it does have a lot and i mean a lot of cursing.

Silly funny...

I checked IMDB and it gave the movie a 14A rating so I thought it would be ok to bring my 14 and 12 year old, I was a little blown away by the beginning of the movie. To be honest they really didn't understand the rest of the adult content. There wasn't much else to see that day and they insisted on watching it because they like James Franco. Overall, it wasn't so bad. But 16 plus for sure. Hope this helps...