Kid reviews for Wonder Woman

Engaging, entertaining, empowering superhero adventure.

Teen, 16 years old Written byfreckledegg June 2, 2017

Entertaining and Empowering Film

I really enjoyed this movie because the graphics and editing were A+, also the setting in WW1 was an interesting way to work around with the storyline. Also, plot twists. I loved how the females were strong and independent. but Diana was till sexualised with her outfit and men continually making remarks on her appearance. I thought the message was good for kids though; that love can solve problems, and it wasn't portrayed as cheesy as it sounds. there were times when Wonder Woman charged through bullets and I was just like "yaas gurl". What I didn't really like was the sexual innuendo and suggestions, that kids probably wouldn't understand but it's just a bit too suggestive which is why i would say age 13 + is good. It was just annoying that because this was a female led movie there had to be something sexual in there, even if she was just saving the world. Actual sexual content however wasn't that present in the film, just one long kiss and an intimate dancing scene, romance wasn' a significant part of the film. There is drinking present at a rowdy pub and subtle hint at drugs when one of the villains sniffs up a concoction to feel powerful. But I dont think its showed positively anyway. Overall it was engaging and exciting, but the sexual jokes kind of brang it down a little.

Teen, 17 years old Written byCat293 June 1, 2017

DC finally gets a girls origins movie

I was so excited to see this film with my family. But there are some violent scenes like sword fights, shootouts, Wonder Woman using her lasso. But Wonder Woman is a great role model for girls. There are even great messages for girls to never give up. This is a great movie for girls and families!

Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2017

Awesome movie

I thought that it was an exceptional movie. Which is surprising because I normally prefer Marvel to DC any day. I also thought that it was going to be way more sexist , but it wasn't and the acting was great. Personally, I think that it was as good as the first Guardians of the Galaxy.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIsabella R D June 5, 2017

Amazing movie, especially for girls in need of a strong role model!

Wonder Woman is easily the best movie that I've seen in months! It is seriously empowering and inspiring to see a badass woman saving the world. Diana (Wonder Woman) is strong, kind, smart, and she never ceased to amaze! As for violence, there are many scenes with artillery, bombings, bullets, and combat. A main plotpoint of the movie is a woman named 'Doctor Poison,' and her deadly gasses that she creates for the German army. As for sexy stuff, there is barely anything except when Diana walks in on Steve naked, and they talk about him being 'above average.' Steve and Diana also share a kiss, but it's obviously very sweet and loving. For drinking, there is only a little, but one guy gets into a fight when he has one beer too many. **SPOILER** An extremely upsetting part of the movie, even for me, was when wonder woman's partner, Steve Trevor sacrifices his life to keep gas bombs from killing thousands. This wouldn't be so bad, but we see Stevens face as he prepares to sacrifice himself, and it is super obvious that he is scared and conflicted. I almost cried on this part, but it was an act of heroism and bravery that showed what a great role model Steve was. Overall, this movie is insanely good. Diana is fierce, strong, an intelligent. Steve is kind, brave, and funny. You will definitely enjoy this, and girls will seriously benefit from seeing an amazingly strong and smart woman save the world!

Teen, 15 years old Written byelijah batz June 2, 2017

Great movie. Take your whole family!

Such a good movie. It was colorful, fun, hilarious, and inspiring. Gal Gadot was phenomenal. Chris Pine and Gal Gadot's chemistry was fantastic, the relationship was very real. This film reminded me of Captain America the First Avenger, which was a good feeling because that's one of my favorite movies. This movie doesn't try to set up any sequels and it is self contained. There are some great Easter eggs, and I swear I saw the wizard shazam. This movie is better than some of the more recent Marvel movies. The cinematography was just pure eye candy. Really good action sequences. Can't wait to see this one again!

Teen, 16 years old Written byTangyTigerShark June 4, 2017

Don't know why the rating is PG-13

There are barely any cuss words or none I honestly can't remember. Violence is very brief and non bloody. Not that much sexual content like a man and a girl kiss and it's implied they have sex and there's a sexual reference when a man says "I sleep with a lot of women." And there's a scene when the main characters are at a bar.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybatmans.daughter June 2, 2017

Awesome!!

The movie was an action packed, inspiring, empowering movie. Especially to girls. Diana (wonder women) is extremely powerful and makes you feel powerful. She she doesn't take anything and stands up for what she believes in. All four of her companions help her and believe in her, she saves them many times and earns their respect almost immediately. Diana is also smart and realizes on her skills and not always her power . She is a perfect superhero role model for kids and adults. The movies special effects and stunts are also perfection and make that much better.

Teen, 17 years old Written byIzzyBlackbird June 22, 2017

GIRL POWER!!!

Culturally accurate, fun, relateable, violent in the great sense, great cast, great script, great scenery, great costumes, great special effects. Great overall.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySamtho June 27, 2017

Wonderful Movie, Great for Families

Wonder Woman is an amazing film set for almost all audience and is very empowering for females. The movie itself has great messages including standing up for what is right and it very much encourages determination and confidence. The only inappropriate part of the movie is the violence, which is only as bad as the avengers violence. It is set in the first World War so it has guns (machine and pistols), bombs and of course, gas bombs. The element of history and detail put into World War 1 can almost be seen as educational, the conditions London is in is very realistic of what was like during the war. The bad characters can be seen as slightly frightening, particularly a woman nicknamed Dr Poison, sidekick to the main villain that wears a plastic shielding over the bottom right diagonal part of he face. It is much brighter than Suicide Squad or any DC film, it is one of the best superhero movies ever in my opinion. Also sex is only mention when Wonder Woman and Chris Pine are digussing whether or not men are necessary for pleasure, as well as the scene where a man is naked and clearly uncomfortable talking to a woman when he just got out of the bath. Due to the amazons shielding from the outside world, the curse words they use are weak, stupid, coward and more like that. As it is the first ever female superhero solo live action movie, it is very empowering for feminists, but enjoyable for all.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDCfnaf June 15, 2017

Wonder Woman redeems a messy and poorly-recieved franchise of movies spectacularly

I must ask WHY they didn't release this (or the upcoming Batman Movie) BEFORE Batman V Superman??? I don't understand why the movies are coming out in this bizzare order. Guys, it's okay to do something similar to Marvel. Marvel chose to introduce each hero and THEN put them all together. Why can't you guys do the same thing so everyone knows each character? It will only make you and your universe get a better reception for god's sake! Anyways, this movie was amazing and exceeded the expectations of many. The characters get depth because the movie actually focuses on them (unlike Suicide Squad), the action is stunning and fun to watch, the story is unique and interesting for a superhero movie, and the scenery is just great. Wonder Woman is definitely work checking out and I think you should go see it right now. I'm watching you. I see what you're doing. Get your face out of the computer and see this movie, then you can come back. :P

Teen, 13 years old Written byItalyJapan9 June 10, 2017

Female Superhero

This was an amazing movie. It can be a bit violent at times that is not quite appropriate for younger viewers. Diana ( Wonder Woman) is a great role model. She is willing to potentially give up her life to save a place that she only knew by story. Not much swearing a little bit but, nothing to horrible. They do imply some iffy things but, they way the filmed it was with grace unlike most stuff now and days. There is a minor character that drinks a lot and imply that got drunk but, this will easily go over children's heads. Go watch this movie with your older children they will adore it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKinkajou21 June 5, 2017

Wonder Woman

I found this movie to be the best DC Comics film I've seen. It is interesting and fast-paced. Diana (Wonder Woman) is an empowering heroine who is not only strong and brave, but also fiercely believes in the good of mankind and that love triumphs over hate. There is a fair amount of violence, but nothing graphic. There are bullets and some sword fighting. The movie also portrays war and its effects in a more serious way than other movies of its kind. One of the characters is haunted by his experience with war. I think that this is ultimately a good thing and shows the heaviness of war without being overly violent. There is some kissing and one scene that implies more. There is some talk about sex and the opposite gender, but it is ultimately just for laughs and may not be picked up on by younger viewers.

Teen, 15 years old Written byictchis June 2, 2017

Know "wonder" this movie is a success!!

Hands up for Gal Gadot for playing WonderWomen!! She did an impressive job, so shoutout to that! This movie was amazing, great with laughs, and action, they nailed it. This movie took on a strong female heroine which I thought was great, it also took you in depth of what war looks like and how awful it really is. They also showed you how corrupt mankind can be and reckless, which causes them to go to war, for land. So yeah theres that, Violence/Action: Well its a super hero movie of course there gunna be a lot a fighting scenes, but there not to graphic. SPOILER: only when Wonder Women stabs the german general on the roof and even then they didn't show the blade going down him, just showed wonder women's on the roof holding the sword down. As for sex scenes there was non, so yeah. There was only kissing. I totally recommend this for yah to watch its great!! You will enjoy it.

Kid, 12 years old June 2, 2017
It was a good movie with very positive role models but, it talked about mature topics.

Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2017

Great movie for a family with older kids!

Teen, 13 years old Written byWurmcoil June 6, 2017

Above and Beyond

While I admit that I'm not a hardcore Wonder Woman fan, and after the cinematic flop that was Batman VS Superman, I had low expectations for this movie. But it shot them up from the murky depths straight into the athmosphere! For starters, it revolves around World War 1, often dubbed one of the least cinematic wars because almost all of it occured in the trenches, and still has plenty of action. Underneath, it's a political drama about sexism in the 20th century, military strategies, and how hope still perserveres even in dark times. The themes of love, hope, and how all have good and evil inside them make it one that will resonate with all audiences. That said, there are some particularly gruesome scenes, like a woman's face horribly scarred, a man pulling out a gun and shooting, and various explosions and loss of human life. The movie handles death well, giving the killing of innocents weight unlike in most movies, and you see the characters realistically react to it. What really sold the movie to me, however, was the major plot twist which I won't dare spoil. The greatest negative to me was the common theme of "temptation to use great power by the antagonist" was,a major player near the end. If you don't have super young children, it's an amazing family flick sure to delight action fans of all ages, and the movie DC needed to kick off its cinematic universe.

Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2017

Amazing Action Movie!!

Wonder Woman is the perfect movie for any family. It shows that woman ARE strong and should not be underestimated (hence the name Wonder Woman). It also shows sacrifice for love and important situations. There 2 important main characters who die (sacrifice), so that might disappoint younger viewers (Yes I am a younger viewer and I did feel very sad). There is alot of action in Wonder Woman and it is intense, but don't let that bring you down, most kids aren't scared of action in a movie.Finally there are some references to sexual things that young kids wouldn't know (I looked at littler kids and didn't see any change in emotion anytime they referenced that sort of thing in the movie). All in all this is an amazing movie that shad great role models and great messages.

Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2017

Great movie, but too violent for younger kids

I think this is a great movie. But it is still best for older kids. The violence is generally cartoonish and not very graphic, but there is some intensity too. But the movie does have some fantasy powers and weaponry. There is some suggestive stuff, but nothing explicit. Infrequent use of mild language and insults includes the D word, the H word, and "stupid idiot." There is some alcohol drinking. Wonder Woman is a great role model and sends good messages because she is selfless, cares about the world, and wants to save it. There are also messages about teamwork and good vs. evil. There's also a message that war is something we must try to avoid. Anyway, this is a great movie that I would highly recommend for superhero fans.

Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2017

This is a very good and empowering film, but there are things you might want to look out.

So, as you may have seen in the common sense media review, this is based in World war 1, so of course there is a high body count, Even though it's mostly bloodless. This movie has messages about empowering women, sacrificing yourself to save millions of others, and being brave and never giving up. There are two deaths that will most likely be sad for everyone. One at the start, which isn't such a main character, and one near the end which is quite sad and makes you think why couldn't it have been someone else. But they both die heroically. My least favorite scenes were the scenes where there was a crazy scientist who creates gasses and experiments them on people, normally they die. She also has a mask on her left bottom corner covering her face which could scare younger viewers. Near the end of the movie the mask comes off, revealing bad scars underneath, kind of like the joker. There are some sexual references and a scene where two of the main characters have a conversation after the man has got out of the bath, but he covers his private parts with his hands. Apart from that, I think this movie is amazing, and I recommend it for people around my age.

Teen, 14 years old Written byjazzika11 June 12, 2017

Final a Marvel Quality DC movie

I am a huge Marvel fan and one of the reasons I saw this movie was to potentially promote a Black Widow movie. I though that if this movie did well marvel might consider it. When I stepped in to that theater I got something I did not expect. The movie was excellent and I really felt the care and quality of a marvel movie. I also appreciate how it was not a marvel movie rip off simply the same quality. DC has an excellent roster of charters and great comic book stories. I really want to see more movies like this from DC. I would love to enjoy both a Marvel and DC cinematic universe. Over all wounder woman was a great movie.