Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 2 kid reviews

Sort by:

Fun to Watch and Informative

Wonder Women! The Untold Story of American Superheroines is an engaging documentary that highlights Wonder Woman’s journey and character development over her seventy years of existence since she was introduced in 1941. It also tells how she and other female characters in media have been portrayed in different ways with evolving American society and feminism. I really enjoyed this documentary, and while it was very informative, I was never bored. It was interesting learning about how women have been portrayed in comics and on television, and how far we have come! I also appreciated all of the background information on Wonder Woman; before watching I could’ve only told you what her outfit looks like. The documentary is definitely a must- see, however I would say that it’s for ages 13+ because it talks about how women have been sexualized in the media and it mentions things like rape.

I would definitely recommend this movie

This movie was a really good example of feminism and women's rights over the years. I thought that they did a great job of showing the development of wonder woman's character and the development of all female superheroes including your everyday women while keeping it very interesting and entertaining. The documentary even touched up on the women's movements over the years. The only reason I gave it four stars rather than five is because it wasn't perfect, it wasn't the “holy grail documentary” but it was good. I would definitely recommend this movie to friends and/or family if they were interested in a good empowering fifty four minutes of the untold story of american superheroines.