Kid reviews for Won't You Be My Neighbor?

Profound, poignant biography of an extraordinary, kind man.

Kid, 9 years old June 18, 2018

Amazing

It's amazing, Even though I didn't grow up with Mister Rodgers, It was beautiful. What parents should know is that there is a bit of death on tape in the movie. What I am talking about is they show Bobby Kennedy when he got shot. (I think, I didn't look at the screen during that part.) But really it's really cool, It just might be over the kids intrest level.

Teen, 15 years old Written byb89 September 3, 2018

A Beautiful Story of Hope in Troubling Times

In a time filled with much turmoil, this work of art emerges. This film, rather than feeling like a documentary, looks like a painting. You know the beginning and the end, but what's in between contains truly poignant and tear wrenching details. Some of the film's more mature scenes contain issues such as death, discrimination, and homophobia , and are quite disturbing, sticking with you after the movie. None of the previous is graphic, mainly just discussed. Brief rear nudity occurs, for a purely comedic effect. Mild language is infrequent. The messages are rich. The depth is precise. And the documentary succeeds at showing how loving humans can be.

Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2018

Mr. Rogers Expands His Neighborhood

This is a great movie for families, especially for kids like myself who had never seen the television show. There are a few inappropriate lines, "d--k", reference to mooning, and a few scary and disturbing things shown. But it is a deeply moving movie, and great family outing.
Teen, 16 years old Written byIssasnack July 27, 2018

Inspiring movie!! :D

I would highly recommend watching this movie with da fam! It is inspiring and sends a good message of kindness. There are some words said that are not for kids such as “d-ck” and “f-g” but as long as this is addressed with your child, you shouldn’t have any problems with any potty-language being thrown around. I hope this helps you decide on viewing this film!

Teen, 17 years old Written byLordlcs July 27, 2018

Warm and Family Friendly

Won’t You be my Neighbor is a warm and family friendly movie that anyone of any age will enjoy. Although some scenes may need guidance from adults, your child will not feel unclean after watching this film. Definitely a nice documentary.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybutter123 November 21, 2018