Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 5 parent reviews

Sort by:

Eye Opening

This movie is well written and well acted. It is not intended as a docudrama about schizophrenia. It does however touch on some very important truths about the way the public views this chemical disorder.

interesting and inspiring

At the beginning of the movie some people might not like it a lot because of the language, but trust me, during the rest of the movie a lot of interesting things happens. In the end, there is a great message about family and friends' support. There are also reflections about mental health and how to enjoy life even with our limitations. I also cried like a baby at the end lol!

Beautiful, Moving Adaption of the Book

I read the book of the same title a few weeks ago and was drawn in with the unique writing style and heartwarming characters. Adam's story means a lot to me because i have friends effected by the same condition. Looking forward to the movie I had a few concerns. First the book has a lot of swearing and the movie does too, about as much as a Marvel movie with 2 F bombs. The books had 3 explicit sex scenes, so I was weary of those through the movie but nothing ever came. There is a character who makes lewd jokes but nothing is ever done. I was thankful for that! The relationship is so beautiful and now its even innocent. I would say this movie is a faithful adaption of the book for what really matter to the heartbeat of the story and if you enjoyed the book go watch this. Even if you haven't read the book go and enjoy this feel-good story. I'll say its for mature young adults 16 and up becuase of the language and delicate dealings with mental illnesses. Also the MUSIC is awesome, pulsing and throbbing with Adam's break downs or moments of peace. The Chainsmokers really out did themselves.

Good

Very sweet

Amazing messages about communication

I loved the growth of the characters in this movie. As someone who has struggled with mental health before, it really hit home. I remember having some of the same feelings as the main character and finding some of the same answers. It really did a great job of showing how important it is to trust those who love us and not hide.