Parent reviews for Work It

Sweet teen tale has great dancing; language, innuendo.

Wondering if Work It is OK for your kids?

Adult Written bymfagundes August 19, 2020

Torn between a Disney Flick and something edgier

We enjoyed the main gal from Disney's Girl Meets World. It was nice to see her in this role. It could have stayed completely PG and I would have been fine with it but I'm having a hard time with the other parents commenting about what age appropriate it is as the scene with the boys errection while dancing kinda threw me a curve ball. Sure, my daughter is 13 and is aware, but it was an awkward weird scene in a family movie. I'm less offended with the cuss words as my daughter has indeed, seen them all before, but the excessive twerking by the main actresses friend - something I could probably do without as I don't consider that a form of dancing. The message was great "live your dreams as a dancer, follow your passion and hopefully you'll be successful at it" vs stay focused, graduate strong, allow your education to pave your way. Again ... not quite a disney flick, maybe a weak introduction to kids interested in "Rent"
Parent of a 12-year-old Written bylinda_s October 23, 2020

Cheesy and inappropriate

I just watched this with my 12-year-old daughter. The plot was predictable and the the storyline was soooo cheesy. I feel like Netflix writers wrote the script in a day, cynically rehashing tropes from other movies. That said, it was mildly entertaining. Mostly we enjoyed pointing out how bad it was.
This movie might appeal to 8-12 year olds; however, there are some WILDLY INAPPROPRIATE scenes that just should not be in there. The worst was when a guy on a rival dance team gets an erection and the team is disqualified. Really Netflix? Just who are your writers? They couldn't come up with another way to have the team disqualified? It was such an inappropriate scene for my 12-year-old. So fed up with this type of thing.

Adult Written bySlothinda August 27, 2020

Adult Written byDancergal123 August 15, 2020

Adult Written bymolly_roon August 10, 2020

Adult Written bysusanbarrett August 10, 2020

great!

Great movie for kids! Only a little cursing.