Parent of a 11 year old Written bymikeisawesome123 January 31, 2011

Good Movie

10+. Language is okay. Still strong. There is some passionate kissing and a full nude woman walking around. She is mainly covered in scales though. Lots of violence and I'm not so thrilled with the drug usage.
Adult Written bySarah Grace October 31, 2010

evolution at it's finest :P

There is Mystique, the blue naked lady with scales (which doesn't really surprise me because a lot of comics and kid cartoons contain close-to-full nude characters). There is a lot of violence. There's swearing. But what was most annoying is that (yeah, the other stuff was irritating and bad, too,but) the whole thing is just one big anti-God, evolution scheme.....
Parent of a 6 and 7 year old Written bymamato2boys August 31, 2010

with parental co-watching, go ahead and enjoy

Parent of a 17 year old Written byrenzofide May 15, 2010
i love
Parent Written byPlague March 2, 2010

X-Men

A spectacular movie thats pumped full of action. The kids will love it.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion March 8, 2009

An Engaging but Hollow Action Film...

X-MEN isn't technologically innovative, there aren't any stand-out performances, and there are memorable scenes or dialogue. That said, it is an engaging action thriller, and you will most likely enjoy it, you just might not remember it. Violence is the biggest and only issue in the film. Characters are stabbed and shot, blown up, lacerated with laser rays, and struck by lightening. While there is no gushing blood, almost all of the cuts are bloody, and some action scenes will be frightening. Wolverine, though an admirable hero, can't control his sprouting blades and ends up accidentally stabbing two or three heroes (the scenes are scary, but they all heal). There is one "hell" and one "s**t". Mystique, one of the villains, is a blue woman who is nude (you can't see anything, as blue sequence covers any sensitive parts (think of the blue guy in WATCHMEN)).
Adult Written by4Spice July 28, 2010

awesome movie

if you like superhero movies then watch this one the mutans on this movie are too cool 11 and over for mild violence
Adult Written bythorn969 April 9, 2008

It was fun

It's a fun movie to watch.
Adult Written byjstsandy June 30, 2009
I love all of the xmen shows. I thought I would hate it, but now watch it over and over and over. Good for any age. Not scary, bloody, or anything. Shows excellent morals. I love it
Adult Written byGordan Freeman April 9, 2008

If you like super hero material, you'll LOVE X-Men

X-Men is a movie that gets awesome fight scenes in and doesn't spare the message.
Adult Written byJEDI micah April 25, 2013

I am now an X-Men fan!

I am glad that I watched this movie! Now I have a deeper knowledge of these kick-buttin' mutants! This may not be as good as other superhero films, like The Avengers, but it is still up my ally! The violence is surprisingly bloodless too! It's a good pick!
Adult Written byYldnole May 3, 2009

Not so bad...

Reviews have been iffy but saw it last night with a bunch of 14-16 year olds and they loved it. I thought it was fine expecting a typical violent summer movie.Some gore and cursing but I've seen worse. I actually enjoyed it for what it is.Kids under 12 may be overwhelmed by violence but it is comic book style.
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Great Action Movie

Good action for a 11+ year old
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheNerdyCritic August 4, 2015

X-Men (2000) Review

Looking back at this movie now and I realized that this movie did not age well at all. But besides that it's dated, I am pleased to say that I still enjoy this film. The actors are really good at portraying their comic book characters without making it cartoony, especially Hugh Jackman oh my god he was born for this role. The conflicts between the characters are well done, especially the conflict between Professor Xaiver and Magneto. The story, even back in 2000, was easy to follow and you understand the backstories of some of these muntants. The visuals at the time are pretty good and it still holds up. This movie has incredibly good directing from Byran Singer, if this movie had a different director this movie would have been much worse (X-Men 3 *cough cough*) but it was pulled off pretty well. This is very different type of superhero movie, it's not just about super powers or just fighting the villain at the end, it's something more than that. So I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy this movie if you excepted something else then I can see where your coming from. Magneto is a very threating villain in this movie and he also has a very simple motivation. This movie also has a lot more meaning that I can ever imagine. The main themes of this movie though are war, peace, and civil rights. Magneto and Professior Xaiver have different perspectives on people because of how mistreated they are since to humans all of the mutants seem like a huge threats. The main reason why Magneto hates humans is because his family got killed by Nazis during WWII and it messed his mind up and he hates humanity even more because they apparently can not except mutants into the world. The reason why I'm not giving this movie a higher grade/rating is because like I said earlier this movie is extremely cheesy. I still give credit the movie for the things it did right. Go checkout it if you haven't watched it yet.
Adult Written bysarge123 February 4, 2015
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy November 9, 2012

Just as good as the comic book.

I remember loving the comic book when I was little.I still do,but I also love this movie! It's so cool and action packed.
Adult Written byNate R January 31, 2016

Good for 12 and up

X-Men has some violence, and a sad scene at the beginning of Magneto's mother being taken from him, and Mystique walks around naked, but is blue and the only suggestive content shown is her breast. Wolverine also sticks up his middle claw at Cyclops. To get you an example of the language, here's a part from the movie: Wolverine: Hey, wait, it's me. Cyclops: Prove it. Wolverine: You're a dick.
Parent Written bydavidrox January 21, 2013

Eh

A nice movie, for your kids to see. but the plot line is not too good, even though there is a lot of senseless action. the character development sucks, and the message is terrible. being different means that the entire world will try and kill you, which is what it's saying. even though all that stuff is true, i was able to enjoy watching this movie, mainly because of the concepts of a school for super powered kids, and the level of action. no gore, blood, or anything too vicious i can remember. i suggest nine and up can see this. My MPAA Rating is: PG-13 For mild comic violence, and brief language
Adult Written byKevin_922 August 6, 2009