All teen and kid member reviews for X2: X-Men United

Teen, 15 years old Written byTaliaFilmsreviews December 26, 2010

GREAT better than the film, some distrubing images and iffy stuff

Better than the first movie-better story (though more characters to juggle), way better effects, and just overall a lot of fun. It does have some pretty iffy violence (such as the fight between Deathstrike and Wolverine), but the only other concern is 2 brief sexual scenes, both involving Mystique. In the first, she seduces a security guard in order to help her boss Magneto escape (the scene is mostly suggestive). She also impersonates Jean, so she and Logan have a passionate make-out scene until he finds the scar he gave her. Other than those concerns, it's ok for kids 12 and over-the sequence with Logan stabbing guards left and right is non-bloody but a little disturbing since it's dark. I only heard the use of the s-word and 2 4-letter words , so language is mild. But the film has really good role models since one character sacrifices herself for others, and the other mutants are portrayed as putting others lives before their own wellfare. The villians in the film are clearly bad, though with the exception of Deathstrike, we don't actually see them get any punishment for their deeds (magneto and his cohorts get away and take one rebel mutant with them). Overall though a great film, though over 11 is recommended.
Kid, 9 years old April 30, 2009

X2 x-men united review by critic07

It was a freakin' awesome movie. I'm a big comic fan so i loved it. When you see it you will love it.
Kid, 9 years old July 28, 2012

X2

action packed sequel to x-men is more inappropriate and violent.
Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2016

Good movie, but less cartoonish than the 1st movie

I think this is a good movie with good messages about teamwork. I like to see the superheroes cooperate to defeat the villain. There's also a message about helping others, even if you dislike someone. However, the violence is more graphic than in the 1st movie. But the movie still has some cartoon violence. Language is infrequent, but it includes "d--k" and the A word. I may have heard "s--t" and the H word. But bad language isn't the main issue of the movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymarvelfreak July 20, 2016

more action,more story and better than the first!

fans of the first x men should see this! better than the orginal!
Kid, 10 years old July 19, 2016

x men united

It was way more violent than number 1 and it was cool when night crawler showed up but also to much kissing it was wierd when mystiche started kissing logan.
Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2016
This action packed movie has fighting in almost every scene with very little blood also wolverine is either smoking or drinking in almost every scene and it says the s word a few times!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebo344 December 14, 2015

Even better than the first.

X2: X-Men United is an improvement over the first. While I love the first, this has more emotional depth, great action sequences, added characters ( Nightcrawler, anchored with a great performance from Alan Cumming) and more character development. Grade: A.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBunnyNostrils April 7, 2014

Great Movie!

Violence: 5/10 Language: 3/10 Sex: 2/10 Disturbing: 1/10 Some brutal violence but not overly graphic
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2011

Iffy for 12

This x-men movie is more disturbing than the first but it's still pretty good.The violence has a lot even when you see wolverine blood covered. Sex a little more sex than the first. Language the s word different d words h words and more
Teen, 15 years old Written byYaseenP07 March 8, 2017

Better entry than the first.

This film did alot better than the first in my opinion. The diologue was better as was the effects and the action. This film also grossed much more at the box office.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnstewart July 30, 2015
Kid, 8 years old June 12, 2015

Violent thriller is bloody and has very strong language.

My rating:R for violence, language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byabmoviewatcher February 21, 2015

Great movie!

I have to say that this is honestly one of the best in the series although it isn't my favorite. Awesome action scenes... Some scenes that may be uncomfortable for 11 and under, maybe twelve and under depending on your level of maturity. Some bad language and violent scenes but great story line altogether. I would definitely watch it again!
Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2014

Better than no.1, but more intense

Violence- 3 (Action Violence)
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan September 19, 2014

"X2: X-Men United" movie review

Very rarely is a sequel better than the original. "X2: X-Men United" is one of the few instances I would say where a sequel was much better than the original movie of the franchise. From the beginning, "X2: X-Men United" is so much fun. Many people complain that "X-Men 2" is hard to follow and complex, but if you look at, it is not that confusing. Bryan Singer's execution of this movie was brilliant. This film was much more darker than the first "X-Men" movie. There is a lot more violence and cursing throughout the film. The tone of "X2" is incredible. I actually felt like I was there in the movie. The action sequences were handled beautifully. They didn't look fake and it looked genuine. The acting was a lot better in this movie than its predecessor. The level of character development is unbelievable. Many people would think of this movie as a fun action movie. I view it as a brilliant masterpiece of film-making for the superhero genre. The only problem I had with the movie was that I was bored in one scene. Other than that, this movie is very good. "X2: X-Men United" deserves all the praise it got. Bryan Singer was a genius making this film and this movie deserves lots of acknowledgment for its film-making strutcture.
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

better but more violent than the first

as good as the first
Teen, 15 years old Written byBondJamesBond July 3, 2014

Let Me Tell You Something...

Yes, I agree with common sense media on this, i think that 11 year old would be old enough to handle this film, but compared to other movies like Man Of Steel, Pacific Rim etc. this is a lot more violent and scary than both of those films (and far others) yet this is rated 11 and those are rated 12? i would say according to "this" standard x2 should be a good choice for kids 12+, and critically the film is exellent, with characters you route for the whole movie, and mystery, suspence, a sold slid story, so I would say x2 keeps you on the edge of your seat with your hands flying in the air through this roller coaster ride of a movie! over all X2 gets an (8.6/10.)
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth June 30, 2014

X2

X2 includes violent images about logan getting his adamantium claws and there is a dramatic death of one of the x-men. slightly darker than the last one.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFamilyTrek September 14, 2013

The Best Superhero Film Of All Time!

X2! The film does contain moderate fantasy violence, sex and some moderate language. So there are heroes and villains, one of the villains is called Mystique most of the time she is naked but she is covered in blue scales. In one scene, she disguises herself as a hooker and has sex with a man in the pub. Mystique persuades Wolverine to have sex with her but he declines it. The violent is moderate and there's only a little bit of blood. Wolverine kills a woman, her nose is bleeding but the blood is blue. Wolverine stabs a few soilders and children are shot with sleeping darts at night. The language is mild and moderate at sometimes Iceman says d**k and s**t a lot. So does wolverine.