All parent member reviews for Yes Man

Parent Written byberki January 3, 2009

Surprised at what's PG-13

Based on the commonsense review, I assumed the sex scene was minor. Not so. Took my 13 year son and his friends to it and was very surprised and embarrassed. Is this what we want our kid's first impressions of sex to be? Should have been rated R just for that one scene.
Parent Written bymattbruns3 October 28, 2015

This movie is more deserving of a light R.

There is a sexual scene between a man and an older woman. That's pretty inappropriate. There is one F word.
Adult Written byprincessmb96 April 16, 2009

fabulous for fourteen!!!

i am renting it now, and i can' wait to watch it!! it looks absolutely hilarious!!! :)
Adult Written byfarrell1 May 6, 2009
this movie was ok but still a good movie. it had its moments and there is a unusual scene involing a elderly woman and a young abult and a bl*w job
Educator Written bySnarfington May 11, 2015

Not for children

This movie is not appropriate for children. There is too much swearing, drinking, and fellatio performed by an elderly woman onto a young man. Great movie for adults. I would not feel comfortable watching this with children. If you were somehow to edit out the swearing and the awkward sex scenes it would be suitable for teenagers 13 and up.
Adult Written bychristian2011 August 29, 2013

Refreshing, mildly funny comedy. Alright for kids 12 and up.

Yes Man is another refreshingly funny comedy about a mediocre and boring guy named Carl that says no to practically everything, whom one of his friends persuades him to go to a seminar where he vows to say YES to literally any situation and occurrence, regardless of how good or bad he feels about it. Yes, it does have hilarious moments, especially the scenes where Carl accepts to help a homeless guy, "favors" from his elderly neighbor, and the interesting chemistry between him and this girl whom is a singer of a rather bizarre band. Violence is not a concern in this movie, where one scene shows him drunk and kisses a man's wife in front of him, but that's the only "violent" scene. Language is infrequent but mild, nothing strong or vulgar, and there's scenes of drinking and drunkenness - from Carl; only meant for laughs though. It's for younger teenagers and up - due to the scenes of crude humor, mild language, and alcohol use.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 14, 2010
Parent of a 11 year old Written byShry June 23, 2010
inappropriate for under 18
Adult Written by4Spice June 14, 2010

good movie

good movie worth watching i love Jim carry 11 and older for sex mild words and mild violence
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe June 2, 2010
I've seen this movie twice. The first time I turned it off half way through because I was bored. The second time, I committed myself to watching all of it and I was pleasantly surprised. It was actually funny!
Parent of a 8 year old Written bymoe hagen March 27, 2010

good for 10+

Good movie but there is some small things in the movie that are not appropriate for children under 10-11
Parent of a 10 year old Written bygeorges113 December 1, 2009

SILLY WITH VERY POOR PLOT COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME

silly non-sense movie with a very poor plot Violence: : Fightings, car accident, reckless driving Sexuality: Oral sex scene for about 1 or 2 minutes, with implied dirty jokes later on about that scene, lots of kissing in a very passionate way, around 1000 people in one scene are shown naked form top to bottom with no frontal view, Carey drives a motorcycle with a visible on screen backside... Language : D*ckh*le, D*uch, F***, Sh*t, and others Consumerism :movie is full of brand names Drinking: Getting drunk implies kissing a girl passionately who seem to like it in front of her boyfriend which results in a huge fight... characters shown drunk many times and drink on occasions... JUST DO NOT WASTE UR TIME, THERE'S NOTHING FUNNY IN THIS... WATCH CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN OR PARENT TRAP, OR SEE POLAR EXPRESS FOR CHRISTMAS REALLY GREAT MOVIES FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY :)
Parent Written byPlague December 1, 2009

Yes Man.

Super funny. Im a huge Jim Carrey fan, and this movie definitely didnt suprise me. Its goofey, hilarious, and fun for the whole family.
Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written bysgm12345 October 31, 2009

Do not let your children see it; wait until they go to bed then watch it 3 times in a row!

Not for my kids, but a favorite of mine!
Adult Written bymelbug84 September 8, 2009

Unfortunate language and sexual references

This could have been a pretty funny movie but we took it out after a reference to masturbation and using the "F" word... I don't even have children but was very disappointed in these things... On to something better!
Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written byworkers June 26, 2009

Very funny in parts, shame about a couple of things

Had some very funny moments. Not deep, but very watchable and a feel good film. The old lady bit was out of order and certainly not what you'd want your kids to see... Jim Carey makes it.
Adult Written bypapasong June 9, 2009
Parent of a 7, 11, and 13 year old Written byproverbs226mom June 5, 2009
I didn't even get through the whole movie before I had to turn it off. The lanquage and sexual content are to excessive for the movie to be rated PG-13. My kids wanted to watch the movie but My husband and I watched it first to see if it was appropriate for them. I'm so glad that we did. I would never let my kids watch this movie.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byLewca April 23, 2009

NOT approprate for the PG-13 crowd!

I can't believe this was rated PG-13! The language and sexual content were very inappropriate for that age group.
Parent of a 23 and 24 year old Written byberniw13 April 13, 2009

How on earth can this be PG13

I don't believe that our children should be exposed to grandma's givign oral sex and our adults finding this funny? What?????? how is this PG13