Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Zapped

Boy stereotypes stand out in otherwise feel-good movie.

Adult Written bymariajosev August 10, 2014

Zapped

The movie is really trite. I do see how for some people it might be comfortable knowing exacly what will happen next but this has become annoying for me. The main character is a really bad example to anyone watching the movie, apparently she is supposed to be a "troubled hero" but sadly she is mearly a spoiled, conceited and mean girl that is willing to ruin everyone´s life and take away their free will just because of some minor incidents. The "villain" is an over the top attempt of a mean girl who is at best laughable and at worst yet another trope of the "bad side of women". I watched the entire movie expecting a different ending because, silly me, I thought maybe people making movies were tired as well of the same thing (aparently not yet). The story line is very predictable, but this time it bothered me much more because the main character didn´t really deserved anything, she didn´t worked hard to win the competition, didn´t worked on the relatioships she had, she was narcisistic and could not use simple logic to solve the situation in front of her... what a waste of time.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byrainbow p. June 13, 2017
Parent of a 6 year old Written byTaylor C. April 5, 2018

Annoying.... painfully annoying

I usually am a lover of Disney Movies. Sure, they are often a bit corny, but usually make up for it with a cute story line, interesting characters and a good moral. Zapped displays none of those characteristics. The characters are not relatable... at all. I’ve never seen so many terrible actors in one film. Zoey, the main character, has a bland personality and her facial expressions are exhausting. It is literally hard to watch. The storyline is predictable and ridiculous. The only moral to be found is that you shouldn’t try to manipulate people for your own personal gain.... and that is stretching to find that. Overall, I would say this movie is one of the worst the Disney channel has made. I would not recommend this movie.
Adult Written bygoodgirl September 3, 2015

If you like Star Struck and 16 Wishes you'll like this movie.

I just bought this movie yesterday. its a good movie and if you like Star Struck 16 Wishes then you'll enjoy this flick.